My first AR platform gun :0)

Well folks, i decided a few weeks ago to upgrade from my sks to a AR 15 platform gun...But didn't want to spend for the higher end models...So i went with the Smith and Wesson M&P 15 sport... :) Got it new at a local gun shop for $632 ( $701 out the door)

So far i am very impressed with the guns accuracy...some pics of my first shots at the range today, all with stock iron sights...

Pic of the M&P gang together :)
IMG_20140814_101548329_HDR_zpsbiao4mfa.j

the very first shot with the gun at 50 yards...
IMG_20140814_102044539_HDR_zpsf3bp8x32.j

Second shot @ 50...

IMG_20140814_102323166_HDR_zpsnkjssazd.j

First shot @ 100 yards...

IMG_20140814_104952226_HDR_zpsew5lymre.j

Second shot @ 100 yards...

IMG_20140814_105955828_HDR_zpsyycixjom.j

rapid fire @ 100 yards..All on target :)

IMG_20140814_111709095_HDR_zpsyabsmqfy.j

• Like 4

Nice, that'll do exactly what you want it to and a lot more. Exactly what most people should get for their first AR. <---Yes, this is your FIRST evil black rifle, if you don't believe us, come back to this post a year from now and let us know how that worked out for you :up:

Nice rifle and nice shooting, enjoy it!

• Like 5
Congrats on the new rifle. I'm sure you'll love your M&P Sport as much as I love mine. I've made a few cosmetic changes to mine to make it fit me better, but I'm not a good enough shot to need anything this gun doesn't do.
  • Like 1

Well technically, my sks was converted to evil black gun status...But was a bit cumbersome to shoot, especially during rapid fire, i had a hard time managing barrel climb..the .223/556 is a much more manageable round vs the 7.62 round... :)

My old sks...

[URL=http://s82.photobucket.com/user/wayne121170/media/2014-05-14_16-04-15_619_zps7c90d20f.jpg.html]2014-05-14_16-04-15_619_zps7c90d20f.jpg[/URL]

Edited by Someotherguy
  • 7 months later...

Took my 9mm Colt Sporter out today, for the first time in ages. Got this from my brother-in-law some years back.

I forgot jut how much fun it is. How much louder it is than a pistol and the 556 Ar. And forgot that the recoil impulse is stouter in it.

Not oppressive, just more than the 556. More like the 762x39.

I was obscenely pleased with my shots. And no...I won't show you. I'm not good, just good for me.

just a little update on how the gun looks now.. :)

IMG_20150312_140545311_HDR_zpsn4sa1ppv.j

Looks good!

How do you like the rail covers? I bought an el cheapo quad rail a few years ago that came with them, but they were too bulky for my hands, I just didn't like them. I don't have monster hands though, so maybe that's why.

Looks good!

How do you like the rail covers? I bought an el cheapo quad rail a few years ago that came with them, but they were too bulky for my hands, I just didn't like them. I don't have monster hands though, so maybe that's why.

Yeah, the covers added to the rail do make it considerably larger than the stock hand guard, but so far i like the way they feel,,The utg covers are rubberized, so i gives a feeling of better grip to me...I don't have monster hands either..I guess i just like hanging crap on this gun..kinda like a christmas tree lol :D

Nice, I have the M&P15 ORC and love it. Yes It's a compliant model but it's still pretty awesome and I have added a few upgrades to make it my own. Once I'm out of this crappy state and living in TN I will most likely buy and build a few more.

Mine:
94E6A755-orig_zpsa6c29ad0.jpg

CDB90C47-orig_zpsf868bd87.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

I'm still don't have a great interest in ARs, but somehow have managed to accumulate quite a pile of them around here.There's no denying their accuracy, ease of use, etc.

That S&W will surely serve you well. I expect it'll have company shortly. Buy plenty of ammo. They seem to eat a lot!

• Like 2