Pocket Carry a Glock 26?

mhl6493

I read on another forum tonight someone's comments about pocket-carrying a Glock 26.  And it got me to thinking, I wonder how many folks can/do successfully pull that off?  I don't own a 26 (I do have a 19), but it seems like it might be a little too thick for a pocket, if nothing else.  But I'd love to hear if any of you do it regularly -- I'd have to seriously look into getting one if I thought I could possibly make it work. 

Guest TheDrip
I can pocket carry my 26 in dickies cargo work pants. Between my phone, wallet, 8000 keys and leather man the extra bulge is not that noticeable or out of place.
I used to pocket carry a Ruger SP101 all the time and it's wider, taller and longer than a G26. I guess the pockets are bigger on pants for bigger guys. I don't wear baggy pants, but they aren't blow your shoes off when you fart pants either.
  • Like 1

I pocket carry a G26 in a leather RKBA pocket holster in the front pocket of my Columbia cargo shorts 90% of the time when I leave the house in summer.  Other times it's IWB with an un-tucked shirt.  Wife says she sees no more bulge than I have with a SIG 938.  Also have cell phone, billfold, keys, light & knife in other pockets.  G19 mag in covered belt carrier.  Shorts are loose, but not baggy.  It's very comfortable to me and easily drawn when standing but forget drawing it when sitting.  I keep a second weapon accessible in the vehicle. 

• Like 1
It can be done depending on your clothing choice. I carry this way often. It does print, but it is a very square shape which would appear to be a wallet or phone. For me it only works with a quality kydex holster. Leather is nice, but too thick for this carry method. I agree it is "clunky", but I have an LCP for those times when I am doing something really active. A G26 or G27 is so much easier to shoot though. LCP is more comfortable, baby Glock is more comforting.
  • Like 2

It can be done... Used to do it all the time... I wear carharts most all the time... I like 'em loose and my favorite carry location for a "baby glock" is left hip pocket in a good kydex hip holster... I use these: http://www.lefthandholster.com/Pocket_Holster.php

The glock 26 is a bit heavy and i use a good belt to hold my pants up... If ya wear khaki's (...i do from time to time...); ya can front pocket carry the glock in the same holster... The trousers have to be the right size though... 

leroy

• Like 1
Guest TheSilverFox
I am big enough where I can but why would I want to would be my question? After buying a quality IWB it's makes no sense to me. I'm faster with it (IWB) and I don't have to worry about printing or anything else that goes along with pocket carry. Plus it leaves my pocket open for other items. The only time I'll pocket carry is if I take the dog out after I'm in the bed. Any other time I have a holster of some type on.

I know there are hundreds of holsters out there for IWB but I use the Galco king tuk... I think thats the correct spelling for them. My only carry weapons are Glock 9mm. The same holster will carry the 17, 19 and 26. By the way, I'm 6'4 and about 300 pounds. I wear carhartt clothing everyday from pants to shorts and they have bigger pockets than most so pocket carry is achievable.
With all the downsizing of pocket carry firearms the Glock 26 now looks like a full size piece to me. It is a great firearm but for pocket carry it becomes a heavy thick "brick" to me by today's standards.

I'm now used to pocket pistols no heavier and no thicker than a Sig 938.

If I felt the need to carry a Glock 26 sized firearm I would dress around it using a solid inside or outside the waist band holster with a sturdy belt.
  • Like 1
We talk about dressing a certain way to conceal weapons here. We don't mind buying pants a size too big in the waist to allow for IWB or shirts too loose and long to serve as concealment. Personally, I include the option to pocket carry in this clothing choice. Since I know I'm gonna want to pocket carry from time to time, I look for loose fitting pants with big pockets on purpose.
  • Like 2
I use my Keltec P32 for pocket carry and the G27 for IWB. I also like my SP101 for IWB.

+1 on the Dickies or Carhartt carpenter jeans. They fit loose and work well for these carry options. That's what I wear everyday to work. Edited by McGarrett
  • Like 1
Guest earlybird

I pocket carry my 32 on a regular basis, and I am not a big guy. Heck I even pocket my USP .45 from time to time, and that thing is massive. But I also wear clothes to help cover it up. Longer shirt, a little roomier pants. Haven't had an issue, and no one seems to notice. Except that one creepy guy at the coffee store, gives me strange smiles, winks, and nods. I think he doesn't really know what is in there.