Things are about to get a lot worse in Ferguson

Guest kingarmory

In Oak Ridge, 6 shots were recently fired at a perp abt 15 feet away, by two different marksmen. All six missed. I think I they were trained in LA or NYC, but no SUV was available.

To *her* credit, perp then had enough sense to drop her weapon and sit down.

In Oak Ridge, 6 shots were recently fired at a perp abt 15 feet away, by two different marksmen. All six missed. I think I they were trained in LA or NYC, but no SUV was available.

To *her* credit, perp then had enough sense to drop her weapon and sit down.

Perp was probably out of bullets.................... :rofl:  Lucky for LEO's

Well, to be fair, the guy was 30 feet away from him at one point. He could have drawn a taser. That being said, this department doesn't have dashcams, they may not even have tasers.

Also, I'm not saying the cop did anything wrong.

I guess they don't have tasers.
The story told from the officers side was the guy ran about 35' away after the gun went off during the struggle. Officer Wilson pursued. They stopped and started to hound the officer before he rushed back to him. So yes, if he had a taser I think there was time to pull it.
The cop did what he had to do with what he had to neutralize the threat.
Frankly I think the truth is somewhere between the 2 stories.

Tasers don't always work. There is no way that I would stake my life on a Taser. I personally have had numerous instances where Tasers were totally ineffective. Either a prong missed, didn't penetrate clothing, deflected by a zipper or button, prongs too close together, etc. It is purported that Brown fought with the officer and struggled with him over the officer's handgun. The officers eye socket, (skull fracture/serious bodily injury) was allegedly broken during this fight, almost certainly obscuring his vision and possibly causing other physical issues. Brown, a man the size of a NFL lineman, roughly 6'4" and 300 lbs, came toward the officer to re engage. I am sure that the officer was thinking Brown was going to take his gun and kill him with it. This scenario does not even put Brown's friend, Dorian Johnson, into play. If Brown tackled the officer and held him down, Johnson could have easily disarmed the officer. Brown could have fled after the initial fight but he didn't. He chose to get back into the fight and it cost him his life.

I am not a small guy but Brown is about 3" taller than me, weighs about 65 lbs more than me and is less than half my age. If I were in the same scenario, Brown had fractured my skull and tried to disarm me. I would probably not allow him to return to the fight because he probably would kill me. I would not expect anyone to take a severe beating, causing serious bodily injury, and not defend themselves.
  • Like 6

Just stop. You're being ridiculous and trying to put words in my mouth. You do it here constantly and it's getting old.

Go back to your original statement. You make claims as if they were fact. Only someone who was there could make such claims. So I ask again, were you there?

And don't tell me what to do. How about you stop passing judgment on someone's actions when you have no earthly idea what they were going through or what the circumstances were? How about you do that?

LEO shot him 6 times in the front/face. Unless they're boomerang boolits, I'd go with TOWARD.

most likely, though the option of facing but not attacking seemed possible given some of the witness accounts. 

With today's reports of the LEO having a fractured head and the young innocent harmless lambkins being a 300 pound thug who just robbed a store, I think we have a winner.   With a fractured head, even if he was standing still arms raised, I would call it justified. 

Edited by Jonnin

Tasers don't always work. There is no way that I would stake my life on a Taser. I personally have had numerous instances where Tasers were totally ineffective. Either a prong missed, didn't penetrate clothing, deflected by a zipper or button, prongs too close together, etc. It is purported that Brown fought with the officer and struggled with him over the officer's handgun. The officers eye socket, (skull fracture/serious bodily injury) was allegedly broken during this fight, almost certainly obscuring his vision and possibly causing other physical issues. Brown, a man the size of a NFL lineman, roughly 6'4" and 300 lbs, came toward the officer to re engage. I am sure that the officer was thinking Brown was going to take his gun and kill him with it. This scenario does not even put Brown's friend, Dorian Johnson, into play. If Brown tackled the officer and held him down, Johnson could have easily disarmed the officer. Brown could have fled after the initial fight but he didn't. He chose to get back into the fight and it cost him his life.

I am not a small guy but Brown is about 3" taller than me, weighs about 65 lbs more than me and is less than half my age. If I were in the same scenario, Brown had fractured my skull and tried to disarm me. I would probably not allow him to return to the fight because he probably would kill me. I would not expect anyone to take a severe beating, causing serious bodily injury, and not defend themselves.

Winner! You Sir made the most sense in this whole debate. I would have clicked like 1,000 times of allowed.

• Like 1

nor should they. that's not him.

that is a picture of a murder suspect in oregon.

I didn't think so either, I caught the pun,but still,it's not the type of photo the media would display regardless.
Heck they've done a good job keeping Isis be headings to a low roar....
[quote name="rugerla1" post="1181787" timestamp="1408592824"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaVgkqsZlYE [color=rgb(51,51,51)][font=arial][size=3]Two supporters of Police Officer Darren Wilson were attacked in Ferguson, Missouri tonight.[/size][/font][/color][/quote] Yet the only thing you will hear on the MSM is that things were calm. Don't let facts get i the way of the official narrative
  • Like 1

Yep, he's obviously decided to cater to what he thinks will please Holder and the zero information Dem voter base, throwing any semblance of proper jurisprudence to the winds.

Shameful and outrageous, on the eve of grand jury hearing, as he was the state's Attorney General and certainly knows better. He and Holder will probably get a room.

- OS

Seems like there's low information, no information and MO information in decreasing levels of informedness.

With a broken face/eye socket and being winded from H2H just seconds prior, I'd say that even if he fired 15 rounds with only 6 hits we shouldn't judge.

I'll have to take exception with this remark. When I fire a gun, I own the bullet leaving the barrel in perpetuity. I see no reason why a badge would relieve one from this responsibility. Winded, wounded, etc., he still fired; he's responsible for what gets hit.

I'll have to take exception with this remark. When I fire a gun, I own the bullet leaving the barrel in perpetuity. I see no reason why a badge would relieve one from this responsibility. Winded, wounded, etc., he still fired; he's responsible for what gets hit.

That is true of anyone that discharges his/her firearm whether by accident or on purpose. In this case it appears that every round fired by the officer found their mark in the Perp. I don't know if 6 rounds was required to do the job but if it were me and I had 12 or more rounds in my gun and I was just beat half way to death by a 300+ pound gorilla of a man trying to kill me I probably would have continued firing till my gun went click signalling my firearm was empty................jmho

• Like 1

Six out of how many?

Well, I think the reports said 9mm, so  lets assume (for a number) that the officer was using a Glock 17 with magazine extension allowing 19 rounds, and since I don't own  a G17, let's give him one for the chamber ...so assume he has 20 rounds (and that he fired them all).

6/20 = 30%. If he had a 33 rnd mag, then is over 18%, and still put the perp down.

Any fewer actual rounds, and the percentages only get better.

All in all,  excellent considering a broken face.

Better than I would have done, and probably better than most cops too.

• Like 1

Well, I think the reports said 9mm, so  lets assume (for a number) that the officer was using a Glock 17 with magazine extension allowing 19 rounds, and since I don't own  a G17, let's give him one for the chamber ...so assume he has 20 rounds (and that he fired them all).

6/20 = 30%. If he had a 33 rnd mag, then is over 18%, and still put the perp down.

Any fewer actual rounds, and the percentages only get better.

All in all,  excellent considering a broken face.

Better than I would have done, and probably better than most cops too.

I don't think is has ever been mentioned how many rounds the PO actually fired does it?................................ :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Edited by bersaguy

Umm, sorry, I wasn't aware he hit any bystanders.

On another note, when you get in a shoutout and you're in fear for your life you can start judging folks on their marksmanship. I've been in a lot of gun fights. One in particular was very close. Not every round hit the intended target. Things are different than when you're shooting at paper in a controlled environment. Then again, what do I know. You armchair quarterbacks know everything and are the most awesome shooters ever.
  • Like 3

On another note, when you get in a shoutout and you're in fear for your life you can start judging folks on their marksmanship. I've been in a lot of gun fights. One in particular was very close. Not every round hit the intended target. Things are different than when you're shooting at paper in a controlled environment. Then again, what do I know. You armchair quarterbacks know everything and are the most awesome shooters ever.

Same here Brother. I emptied a 30 round mag in the POS to save my hide from dieing. Whether the 1st round dropped it or the last, I don't give a crap. It dropped to the ground and didn't shoot at me again. Everything else is meaningless to me....I'm here to talk about it....they ain't!

Dave

I have been in a few cases over the years were I exchanged gun fire with another person or two and when you have in coming all you can do in return is send out going in hopes that you strike your target before they strike theirs in some cases and yea, you do have a few rounds in that type of situation that may go astray but when you fighting for your life that is the farthest thought from your mind unless you do have enough time to get a look at what may be behind the person trying to kill you. At that point you might and I say might change or alter your technique and maybe you won't. #1 is you and or your family.................jmho 

• Like 2