Things are about to get a lot worse in Ferguson

Guest kingarmory

[quote name="R_Bert" post="1181925" timestamp="1408641710"] All in all, excellent considering a broken face. Better than I would have done, and probably better than most cops too.[/quote] This. A thousand times this. If what I've heard is correct, he had a broken eye orbit. I've actually had an orbital fracture, and I can promise you that immediately after it happened I was in no shape to put rounds on target.
  • Like 2

Umm, sorry, I wasn't aware he hit any bystanders.

On another note, when you get in a shoutout and you're in fear for your life you can start judging folks on their marksmanship. I've been in a lot of gun fights. One in particular was very close. Not every round hit the intended target. Things are different than when you're shooting at paper in a controlled environment. Then again, what do I know. You armchair quarterbacks know everything and are the most awesome shooters ever.

I do not believe he did, thankfully.

Would you feel the same if you lived there and an errant bullet came through your bedroom window?

I'll have to say I don't care for your tone lately. Not only toward me, but toward other posters who might have an opinion that happens to differ from yours.

I don't need to be a professional gunfighter to prefer not to have stray bullets flying about from anyone's gun.

I have been in a few cases over the years were I exchanged gun fire with another person or two and when you have in coming all you can do in return is send out going in hopes that you strike your target before they strike theirs in some cases and yea, you do have a few rounds in that type of situation that may go astray but when you fighting for your life that is the farthest thought from your mind unless you do have enough time to get a look at what may be behind the person trying to kill you. At that point you might and I say might change or alter your technique and maybe you won't. #1 is you and or your family.................jmho 

Well said Brother!

I do not believe he did, thankfully.

Would you feel the same if you lived there and an errant bullet came through your bedroom window?

I'll have to say I don't care for your tone lately. Not only toward me, but toward other posters who might have an opinion that happens to differ from yours.

I don't need to be a professional gunfighter to prefer not to have stray bullets flying about from anyone's gun.

And your tone of cop bashing should expect to be answered in kind.

But you know, you're right. I defer to your extensive experience as a shooter. Obviously if you were in the same situation you would have performed flawlessly in every way possible.
  • Like 2
I have read that six casings were recovered. There is a discussion on GT about the handgun used, and we believe it was a 40s&w. The chief is seen on a press release wearing a Sig. The county, I don't remember which one it is, uses M&P's in 40s&w.

The weapon used was a Sig 226/40s&w. Edited by Patton

I have read that six casings were recovered. There is a discussion on GT about the handgun used, and we believe it was a 40s&w. The chief is seen on a press release wearing a Sig. The county, I don't remember which one it is, uses M&P's in 40s&w.

If that is correct, that is 6 for 6 or 100% target acquisition;  I applaud their trainers, if only the rest of the LEO community could achieve these results when confronted with a life or death situation on these violent criminals.

Don't hold your breath. He likes to attack without facts.

The only facts here are that all the facts are not out, and the information we know is constantly in dispute, contradiction and changing daily. Rather than sit back and wait for the investigation, people like yourself are passing judgment on what this officer could or should have done. You weren't there so you don't know. I don't see why you can't comprehend that and why you take that as an insult. Put on your big kid skin and drive on guy.

The only facts here are that all the facts are not out, and the information we know is constantly in dispute, contradiction and changing daily. Rather than sit back and wait for the investigation, people like yourself are passing judgment on what this officer could or should have done. You weren't there so you don't know. I don't see why you can't comprehend that and why you take that as an insult. Put on your big kid skin and drive on guy.

Can you not read? I said twice I didn't think the officer did anything wrong. From what we know so far it looks like a clean shot.

How am I passing judgement? You need to relax and focus on the people who actually ARE attacking the cop. 

Guest kingarmory

aaaand we have another shooting by police in the same area....here come the riots in st louis...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/19/us/missouri-police-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

video of the shooting..NSFW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi0lYWZ_stA

So the guy stole stuff from the store and when the police show up he doesn't comply and approaches them with a knife and gets shot......and the local roaches want to claim police abuse......the stupid is so bad that it hurts

Guest kingarmory
Or should I rephrase that as black idiot steals stuff, white cops show up, black idiot gets aggressive and threatens said cops, white cops shoot black idiot while other black idiots watch and film, popular consensus is that the white cops should've let the black idiot kill them, howling black idiots circle en masse to claim police brutality.....they really should start requiring logic tests when applying for welfare, it would clean up a lot of this inner-city stupidity.

aaaand we have another shooting by police in the same area....here come the riots in st louis...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/19/us/missouri-police-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

video of the shooting..NSFW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi0lYWZ_stA

That happened Tuesday and they hadn't "added" that to their demonstrations/riots yet. Is this the first day the video came out? That might spark something but it's been 2 days after that confrontation.

From the artical:

"As officers arrived, the suspect turned towards the officers and started to walk towards them clutching his waistband. He then pulled out a knife ... and told the officers, 'Shoot me now. Kill me now,'" the chief said.

Well he got what he asked for, literally.

So what would any of us do in that situation? A crazy man pulling out a knife, walking towards you and telling you to shoot him knowing you have a gun? If the testimony is true that Michael Brown charged officer Darren Wilson, knowing Wilson had his gun drawn then there's another factor to consider, anyone not scared of a gun and comes at you anyway will kill you if he gets to you. That type of "I don't give a crap" mentality makes someone much more dangerous. That's just my opinion though but I think it makes sense, at least to me. By the way, someone comes at me with a knife and is close enough, I plan on shooting at their torso until they fall down.

• Like 1

The way I've been putting it to people who don't agree with me is this:

1) Each of these two recently deceased (not executed, that's what gangs do) had a choice, just like each of us do every morning when we get up. Most of us if we're lucky enough to have a job, get up and GO TO WORK. Now, should a certain person decide he wants to do anything he wants all day, including break laws and disobey the simplest of orders from a LEO, well? I'm siding with the guy who got up and went to work as an officer not breaking the law and not the guy who woke up to act like he is king of his own kingdom.

2) What if these bad guys were not busting eye sockets or trying to stab an LEO? What if it was your child they were doing that to and LEO shows up? I will tell them they are a liar to their face if they say they would chose B.

A-- Use deadly force with the highest of odds of stopping the bad guy using deadly force

B-- Pull out his zap gun, hope the cord doesn't get tangled or misfire, and hope it hits the target, with the only hope left being that the voltage is enough to stop the bad guy landing heavy blows to your child or rushing your child weilding a knife.

We've all seen videos of people getting zapped and it did not a dang thing, sometimes making them matter.

Each of these idiots had a choice, they chose wrong, and they paid for it. If ANY of us wake up tomorrow and decide we do what we want, it may very well turn out the same way it did for these two. Also, I don't care if the kid was "on his way to college". All college people are sweet and innocent?

Edited by rugerla1

I am guessing that the town is not big enough to have anything or anyplace left to loot so the guy with the knife loses and does not get the attention he was wanting. He did get shot like he wanted because he asked them to do that. Ay one that brings a knife to a gun fight has a really great big EGO, Zero Brain Cells working or a Death Wish..............jmho

Can you not read? I said twice I didn't think the officer did anything wrong. From what we know so far it looks like a clean shot.

How am I passing judgement? You need to relax and focus on the people who actually ARE attacking the cop.

I can read just fine. You included in there a suggestion that since he was 30ft away he had other options. I posed a question in response to that and you chose to ignore the question and get offended.

I'm sorry if it offends you so much to remind you that you aren't there, and can not accurately make statements on what the officer could/should have done, or the exact distance the officer was when he fired his weapon. Considering that the information has changed repeatedly since this all started, I can't imagine anyone thinking they have the facts. Not even the investigators have all the facts yet, but hey, speculate away. Maybe they'll hire you to assist in the investigation.

The cop had been beaten in the face and a round had been fired inside the car in a fight for control of his weapon. If that had been you (as a cop or protecting your family) and you were shooting to stop the threat would you not be outraged if someone suggested you could have used a taser? If you had thought about that a couple of minutes longer, do you think you still would have asked that?

If you were protecting yourself or your family from an attack from a thug and you emptied a 15 round mag into him most here would support you. I know I would. I simply do not care if somewhere between round 2 and round 6 the thug was trying to surrender. Now the Feds and the Governor have made it clear they do care and they now have an agenda…. And it’s wrong.
  • Like 2

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-ferguson-holder-grand-jury-20140820-story.html#page=1
Holder said that, as a black man, he understood how the shooting had inflamed racial tensions. He told a group of young people about discriminatory actions he encountered years ago with New Jersey state troopers and Georgetown police officers.

“I am the attorney general of the United States. But I am also a black man. I can remember being stopped on the New Jersey Turnpike on two occasions and accused of speeding. Pulled over.... 'Let me search your car.' ... Go through the trunk of my car, look under the seats and all this kind of stuff,” he said. “I remember how humiliating that was and how angry I was and the impact it had on me.”

He also recalled an incident in which he was stopped by Georgetown police during a nighttime jog with his cousin.

“Police car comes driving up, flashes his lights, yells, 'Where you going? Hold it!' I say, 'Whoa, I'm going to a movie.' Now my cousin started mouthing off. I'm like, 'This is not where we want to go. Keep quiet.' I'm angry and upset. We negotiate the whole thing and we walk to our movie,” Holder said. “At the time that he stopped me, I was a federal prosecutor. I wasn't a kid. I was a federal prosecutor.”

Thanks for that heartwarming story Holder; you POS.
The President sent this dumb ass there to try to help with restoring calm? Amazing.

Thanks for that heartwarming story Holder; you POS.
The President sent this dumb ass there to try to help with restoring calm? Amazing.

Yep, reassured our doubt as to why they love him huh? Last thing he did was help, but I don't think it was on accident

The cop had been beaten in the face and a round had been fired inside the car in a fight for control of his weapon. If that had been you (as a cop or protecting your family) and you were shooting to stop the threat would you not be outraged if someone suggested you could have used a taser? If you had thought about that a couple of minutes longer, do you think you still would have asked that?

If you were protecting yourself or your family from an attack from a thug and you emptied a 15 round mag into him most here would support you. I know I would. I simply do not care if somewhere between round 2 and round 6 the thug was trying to surrender. Now the Feds and the Governor have made it clear they do care and they now have an agenda…. And it’s wrong.

Dave,

In my first post I said "I don't think the office did anything wrong".  Why is that hard for you guys to understand? I even went on to say that the department many not even issue tasers since they can't even afford dashcams.

You guys coming after me makes about as much sense as the NRA attacking the GOA. We're in the same boat here.

• Like 2