Glock 19

RC3

Guest TheSilverFox
26 is a little small for pleasure shooting for me. It's the same size as the 19/17 except for barrel and grip length. One holster will carry all 3 as long as the barrel end is open or made for the 17.
Guest TheSilverFox

For the half inch height difference and length difference, it isn't worth losing 5 rounds of capacity. That's why I quit the 26 and went to the 19. JHMO

I carry the 19 also. I feel it's the perfect carry weapon. I do carry a G17 spare magazine.

I've been considering cutting down a Gen 2 G17 to match the 19 grip. I like to rotate weapons but only have 1 G19 at this time.

There's some hate out there for the 19, particularly the gen 3 and maybe gen 4 because of brass to face.  Not sure how much is real and how much is internet phenomenon.  Some people say the cause is limp wristing, others say it is proof that Glocks officially suck.  Mine's a gen 3 and never had any problems with it.  Great gun. 

There's some hate out there for the 19, particularly the gen 3 and maybe gen 4 because of brass to face.  Not sure how much is real and how much is internet phenomenon.  Some people say the cause is limp wristing, others say it is proof that Glocks officially suck.  Mine's a gen 3 and never had any problems with it.  Great gun.

I have had officially now, 6 different G19 pistols. I have sold and traded them at different times. All have been Gen3 models. None have ever hit me in the face with brass. I have had them bounce off the wall in a shooting stand and pound me on my thinning-haired head, but that's about all.

I'm down to 2 now and feeling like I need to get another. :rock:

I probably should change my username, as I swear by the 19. Brass to the face is the only occasional issue I have.

It's a global standard, parts are easy to come by, magazines are quite reasonable compared to other makers' goods, and you get rid of one at a very predictable price if the need should arise. What's not to love?

• Like 1
[quote name="Stegall Law Firm" post="1181552" timestamp="1408561522"]There's some hate out there for the 19, particularly the gen 3 and maybe gen 4 because of brass to face. Not sure how much is real and how much is internet phenomenon. Some people say the cause is limp wristing, others say it is proof that Glocks officially suck. Mine's a gen 3 and never had any problems with it. Great gun. [/quote] I carry a 19 as well, IMO it's the perfect balance of size and capacity. As the the brass to face issue, I've been meaning to make a video for some time now documenting what I believe to be the problem. I can hold mine correctly and have the correct stance and never have a piece of brass come at me. If I intentionally limp wrist I'll get brass to the face and the top of the head. My 19 is a gen 3, btw Edited by KKing
  • Like 1

I recently bought a Gen 4 G19, my first Glock.  I've put about 130 rounds though it so far, and it has been 100% reliable.  As I mentioned in another thread, I do have a problem with brass to the face pretty consistently with PMC 115 gr ammo (and I've paid particular attention to my grip and stance).  But when I bump up to 147 gr, not a single problem.  Since that's what my defense load is, I'm not concerned with the whole BTF thing (just a minor range annoyance). I usually keep mine at the office and in the car with me in a Day Planner holster.  I typically pocket carry, so I still haven't exactly figured out how I might successfully pull off on-the-body carry with it.  

Bottom line, I love the feel and accuracy of this gun.  I shoot it better than anything else I own, and I would highly recommend it.  The only possible advantage I could see to the 26 would be IWB carry.  Maybe the shorter grip wouldn't be as likely to print?  Don't have one, so not sure about that.  Probably depends on clothes, holster, etc.

The only possible advantage I could see to the 26 would be IWB carry. Maybe the shorter grip wouldn't be as likely to print? Don't have one, so not sure about that. Probably depends on clothes, holster, etc.

In my opinion the compacts and fullsize carry IWB better than the baby Glocks; there is not enough barrel length to stabilize the baby Glocks IWB.
  • Like 1
There is only one thing that beats a Glock 19: a Glock 23 with a 9mm barrel. If I were buying a Glock 19 I would find a used one with a serial number lower than a M-prefix unless I was able to buy a new one under the Blue Label Program for $450 new OTD.
  • Like 1

That's if you like the suckass .40. :stir:

I like being able to find ammo during shortages, using the most popular LE round in the United States, the ability to shoot two other calibers with only a barrel change, knowing that if I had to use fmj ammo it is at least capable of stopping a threat, and not having to try and confine everyone my 9mm is as capable as proven calibers. Edited by Patton
  • Like 1
I have a G19G4 and love it. Over 1000 rounds so far and no jams of any kind. When I shoot it the brass goes over my right shoulder. However I closly watched my wife shooting it and almost every brass case hit her in the face. I can only imagine she was not gripping it as tight as I was. Best wishes, B

I like being able to find ammo during shortages, using the most popular LE round in the United States, the ability to shoot two other calibers with only a barrel change, knowing that if I had to use fmj ammo it is at least capable of stopping a threat, and not having to try and confine everyone my 9mm is as capable as proven calibers.

When you blow that 30 year old sand out of your nose that your head's been buried in, get back with us.  :rofl:

• Like 1

I'm just pickin' at ya. I don't have one caliber going, either. 4, actually. But .40 ain't one of 'em. Too snappy, inaccuracy caused by that... I've read a LOT of PD's are leaving it behind because their officers shoot 9 much better, and with improvements in ammo, it's much better. You can look up ballistics and such, and see that the days of die-hard 40 fans are numbered. It'll never go away, but it's losing popularity.

We have TONS of .40 that no one's buying. Just no point in it anymore.

It's all for good fun.

I've read a LOT of PD's are leaving it behind because their officers shoot 9 much better, and with improvements in ammo, it's much better.

I hear the same thing but it is worth noting that we do not have a single LE agency in TN using or issuing 9mm. We only have a handful that will allow officers to buy and carry a 9mm. TVA and DOE have some 9mm because there was a time when federal contractors could only use 9mm and they are not bothering switching over to something else. The newest bunch of TVA contractors and agents all have Glocks in 40. I have heard DOE is a mix. There is also a large percentage of Fed's that have switched to .40 in just the last few years: NCIS(226), Army CID(229/239), USCG(229), and a few smaller groups. the entire Department of Homeland Security is supposed to be in 40S&W guns before much longer. This includes the ICE officers who still had a few Sig 228 and the few Air Marshals left who had .357sig( Ihave a friend at each agency).
Oddlly enough, 357 sig is still growing in TN but I do not understand how. A few of the formerly .40 using departments in TN have switched .45 acp and .357 sig. The only "New" departments stood up in TN recently have chose Glocks in 40.

It appears to still be up in controversy but Georgia State Patrol will be departing away from G37/G39(45GAP) to possibly G17 and G42. I heard the demo model G17's sent to the agency were full of fail; so the switch has been delayed.