Glock 19

RC3

It appears to still be up in controversy but Georgia State Patrol will be departing away from G37/G39(45GAP) to possibly G17 and G42. I heard the demo model G17's sent to the agency were full of fail; so the switch has been delayed.

Issues with the Gen4? I wish Glock would have just stuck with the 3rd gen. I think they tried to make perfection more perfect.... and you can't do that!

I have had a G19 gen 3 for a few years and highly recommend you get one RC3. Then I got a gen 4 G23 a couple months ago and really liked it until I just read that .40 sucks. Shucks, I screwed up.
And my wife has a gen 4 G26 and I really like it too.

40 only sucks if you have dainty musician fingers  :rofl:

• Like 2

I have a Gen 4 19 with almost 4K rounds thru it.  I've had several empties land on the brim of my hat..never had one to the face.  Only gripe I have with it is the stock trigger which is terrible.  Box says 5.5lb, but it pulls around 8!  I recently bought a Gen 3 G34 and what a difference in triggers.  I'm going to swap the stock G19 trigger out for one from Glocktriggers.com, but that's down the road a month or two.

I got over my Sigitis when I was bit by the Glock bug and bought a gen 4 G26 just over a year ago.  I now love the G26 and it's consistent trigger pull over the Sig's, and I seem to shoot better with the G26.  However, I always carry G19 magazines as backup, and sometimes carry the G26 with a G19 magazine/grip adapter in it depending on how I'm carrying and what cover clothing I'm wearing.  With summer soon coming to an end, the cargo shorts (mostly pocket carry) will soon give way to jeans (IWB or OWB) so I've pretty much accepted the fact that I'm going to have to get a G19 in the near future!

OP, but a 19.  You'll be happy that you did.

Concerning BTF, I swapped out ejectors in both my 9mm's, going from the -336 ejector to the -30274 ejector. 

Granted, I had to buy complete OEM trigger housings to get them; but they were about $8 each.  End result?  No more BTF.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/225860/glock-trigger-housing-with-ejector-glock-9mm-generation-4

Didn't buy them from Midway, but you can clearly see the new number on the side of the ejector. 

I gently pushed out the ejectors from the Gen4 housing, did the same with the Gen3-336 ejectors in my guns, and swapped them.  If you pop out the rear pin in the grip (the one that holds the trigger housing in place), you won't have to fully disassemble your frame to make the swap.  By doing it this way, swapping them out took about a minute or two each.

FWIW, my Glocks are H-prefix for the G17, L-prefix for the G19,

Edited by Spurholder

I picked up a Gen4 G26 at a real good price when a shop near me closed. Sadly, I have done nothing with it. It sits in my safe. I now think of it as my reserve G19. lol

Really not enough size difference for me to notice, especially with a G19 mag loaded in it.

I've had at least 1 glock 19 or another for the last 13 years.
My current carry gun is a very early gen 4. When I first got it, it was trash. Unreliable, failures to extract, regular failure to eject, and regular brass to the face. After 2 years of frustration, I got the right combination of parts in it to make it run like a top. I have other guns that out shoot it. And guns that conceal better. But nothing else that does everything in one package as well as my g19's.
  • Like 1

I picked up a Gen4 G26 at a real good price when a shop near me closed. Sadly, I have done nothing with it. It sits in my safe. I now think of it as my reserve G19. lol

Really not enough size difference for me to notice, especially with a G19 mag loaded in it.

For me, the subcompact 26 and 27 are the least ergonomic models they have. They take the term "holding a 2x4" to a new level.

Plus, you don't gain much in terms of concealment. 

• Moderators

Personally I think the Glock 19 is the way to go, at first anyway. But don't let people steer you away from the 26. Granted, someone above was correct about since it is "too small" or rather "the wrong size", it digs into your side a bit more while the 19 sort of rides flat against you better. I suppose that would mostly depend on holster though.

If you get the pinky extensions for the magazines, in my opinion it is just as fun to shoot as a G19.In my limited range use, I could shoot it just as good as a Glock 19.

I traded my Glock 36 for the Glock 19.  I don't care about the "grip angle isn't right for my ultra-sensitive feel." or "The trigger isn't good enough for my special finger." FTS. The Glock 19 is a true classic. It has never ever failed to fire.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who noticed that the S&W model 19 was the best all around gun in its day, and now the Glock model 19 is the best all around gun in its day? Something about that model 19, no mattet who makes it

No, a 3" model 13/65 is such a better multi-purpose gun. I would argue the S&W 19 statement statement before I would argue the Glock 19 statement. I have always thought the Glock 19 was the newer S&W model 10.
The Glock 22 is more like the S&W 19 on a power level, versatility with shooting smaller calibers(barrel change Needed for the Glock), and recognized as the most widely used LE handgun in the US. The model 10 and 19 are just so much more likely to be in the hands of civilians.
Ironically, the model 22 gets plagued with being "not built strong enough for high pressure" just like the old model 19's. Edited by Patton

I loved my Model 19 S&W, back when revolvers were it. Went from that to a Model 59, and wheel guns were in the rear view mirror.

I did pretty much the same thing, but went to the fabled BHP.

But in recent years, I'm rediscovering the revolvers of my youth...and trying to get some of them back.

I did pretty much the same thing, but went to the fabled BHP.

But in recent years, I'm rediscovering the revolvers of my youth...and trying to get some of them back.

I did buy a model 36 a few years ago. Probably still my all time favorite. Didn't have the ass of a 19, but it was always with me.