Glock 19

RC3

I did buy a model 36 a few years ago. Probably still my all time favorite. Didn't have the ass of a 19, but it was always with me.

My dads 36 is one if my favorite guns. I can't shoot it worth a hill, or even small pile of beans but there's something about it.

No love for the Rugers? I'd have taken you for a Colt guy at least...

To me Rugers are fine but they are not a Smith. I never cared for Ruger triggers, odd sizes when trying to find holsters, and the extra weight. For those that do not know Rugers have to be built heavier and thicker because Rugers are cast steel where Smiths are forged steel. I am not saying a Ruger sp101 is stronger or weaker than a stainless .357 j frame. Edited by Patton

I have one S&W. But I would have a Colt, too.

I always liked Colts. Back when I was messing with revolvers, LE was carrying S&W. My boss dealt in a lot of handguns at the time, and told me that Colts weren't law enforcement approved. Don't know how true that was. I just knew lots of cops in those days, and they ALL carried S&W.

I always liked Colts. Back when I was messing with revolvers, LE was carrying S&W. My boss dealt in a lot of handguns at the time, and told me that Colts weren't law enforcement approved. Don't know how true that was. I just knew lots of cops in those days, and they ALL carried S&W.

They all wanted to be Dirty Harry. ;)

Could be true for the department at the time. The Colts of the time were approved by many departments, the 2"detective special being particularly popular. Their biggest drawback overall compared with the S&W counterparts is the cylinder release. The S&W is faster and easier to reload and for me that would make the difference in what I carried. I've owned a Police Positive and still have an Official Police. They're great shooters and fine examples of engineering and craftsmanship IMO. Plus, they're staying somewhat affordable for now so that's nice.

My next revolver will be a Ruger or Smith though.

It is an excellent carry choice. I can hit center mass at 75 feet with mine.  And I ain't no shooter.

You "ain't no" English teacher either  :rofl:  Just messing   :rofl:  I could not resist seeing that  double-negative in that sentence LOL . 

You are correct , the G19 is really sweet. I did buy an X-Grip magazine sleeve for my Glock 26 and put the sleeve over the Glock 19 magazine and put it in my Glock 26 . WOW , its like a Glock 19 with a little shorter of a barrel . 

• Like 1

Now that the topic has been mostly de-railed. How do you guys rate taurus revolvers? I had one around a year and a half ago, but for the life of me I cant remember the model. And my description might suck, but it was all black .357 magnum with a six inch barrel. It shot sweet and had amazing night sights. And that pretty much describes it.

Now that the topic has been mostly de-railed. How do you guys rate taurus revolvers? I had one around a year and a half ago, but for the life of me I cant remember the model. And my description might suck, but it was all black .357 magnum with a six inch barrel. It shot sweet and had amazing night sights. And that pretty much describes it.

Well, there is a thread on here about shooting a Taurus .38 and the barrel came off.

Taurus is a significant step down from Smith and Wesson.