9mm ammo at Dick's

So Dick's is having an ammo sale, I could not find anything that tempting except for the federal 9mm 100 round value packs.  They ring up to less than 25 $ out the door.  I thought that was a pretty good price, I have not been able to find it anywhere cheaper.  Three box limit, but it is not a long drive for me.

That is a fair price. Glad you found a good deal. They seem to be fewer and fewer these days.

Unfortunately I hold a grudge for a long time. As far as I'm concerned Dick's can choke on themselves.

Does the local Dick's have an ammo section any more?  I thought they cut it a while back.

Does the local Dick's have an ammo section any more?  I thought they cut it a while back.

It's all behind the counter now.  The only thing on the shelves is shotgun shells. 

Methinks y'all are talking about Alcoa store vs Knoxville one. The Knoxville store has no guns/ammo/shooting accessories at all, unless they've changed back in last 6 months or so? They dumped the entire hunting/fishing section maybe 3 years ago now.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

The Knoxville store has no guns/ammo/shooting accessories at all, unless they've changed back in last 6 months or so? They dumped the entire hunting/fishing section maybe 3 years ago now.

- OS

Nothing's changed.  No joy at that store.  Was in there a couple of weeks ago looking for some new shoes.

• Like 1

Methinks y'all are talking about Alcoa store vs Knoxville one. The Knoxville store has no guns/ammo/shooting accessories at all, unless they've changed back in last 6 months or so? They dumped the entire hunting/fishing section maybe 3 years ago now.

- OS

Didn't know that. Honestly don't know that I've ever been in the Knoxville store, just assumed it was the same as Alcoa. A sporting goods store with no shooting/hunting/fishing section? That's hard to believe.

A sporting goods store trendy sportswear store that also sells golf equipment and basketballs with no shooting/hunting/fishing section? That's hard to believe.

There... since we are talking about Dick's, I fixed it for you.

Edited by tartanphantom
  • Like 3

Well, I was a little worried when I first posted this, thinking it was a pretty good deal and Dick's would be flooded with buyers and sellout and I would not get a chance to stock up a little more.  I was clearly incorrect.

Well, I was a little worried when I first posted this, thinking it was a pretty good deal and Dick's would be flooded with buyers and sellout and I would not get a chance to stock up a little more.  I was clearly incorrect.

Oh, it's not a bad deal, really. And I'm sure lots of folks appreciate the heads-up from you. It's just that some of us have an axe to grind with Dick's for various principled reasons, and even if they were selling pallets of .22LR with no limit, they wouldn't get a penny from me. :rant:

However, I don't frown on other folks who choose to shop there. It's a personal choice... not putting you down at all.

Sorry if the snarky mini-rants de-railed the thread-- hope you can snag as much 9mm as you need.

Edited by tartanphantom
  • Like 1

I'll buy from Dicks, CTD, S&W, Ruger, Troy, whoever. My firearms bucks are predominately apolitical -- if they're selling weapons or weapons related stuff at all, I can only see it as a overall plus, the more the better.

I'll let other folks attempt to put all the places that don't live up to the nth level of their 2A expectations out of biz.

- OS

• Like 2

I'll buy from Dicks, CTD, S&W, Ruger, Troy, whoever. My firearms bucks are predominately apolitical -- if they're selling weapons or weapons related stuff at all, I can only see it as a overall plus, the more the better.

I'll let other folks attempt to put all the places that don't live up to the nth level of their 2A expectations out of biz.

- OS

I buy at places that have the best prices. I've never seen anything at CTD that I couldn't find elsewhere for less money.

I buy at places that have the best prices. I've never seen anything at CTD that I couldn't find elsewhere for less money.

CTD had absolutely cheapest price on Zastava M92 pistol when I was ready to buy one not long ago.  Matter of fact, the FFL I used to ship to had bought three or four from CTD on his own, they were cheaper than what his distributor could supply them for.

- OS

- OS

I tend to agree.  If I stopped buying from every company that I had some political issue with I'd be living naked in the woods eating tree stumps.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1

- OS

I'm not trying to put anyone out of business or judge anyone who still shops there. I just choose not to spend MY money at any place that chooses to screw over their customers at the drop of the hat.

Think of it as a positive. I guarantee you will never have to compete with me to purchase an item at Dick's or CTD.
  • Like 3

I'm not trying to put anyone out of business or judge anyone who still shops there. I just choose not to spend MY money at any place that chooses to screw over their customers at the drop of the hat.

Think of it as a positive. I guarantee you will never have to compete with me to purchase an item at Dick's or CTD.

+1.