Not receiving notifications

I have recently, within the last two weeks, stopped receiving email notifications of private messages and replies to topics I am following. Is there something I need to update in my settings? I have not changed anything in the settings or my email address. Thanks 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Broomhead

I've had this problem for about a month, but since I'm on here 2-8 times a day it really hasn't been a big deal. Lately though I have been too late responding to PMs and have missed opportunities. I'll try changing the email and see if that helps. FWIW, my email is live.com.

Guest Broomhead

Wow, well it looks like the forum won't send an email to any live.com address. I had to revert to my comcast.net address in order to get the reverification email to go through at all, period.

• 2 weeks later...

Along the same lines, but not email related...

I've replied to a few threads last night and today and they aren't showing up in my "content I follow."   I checked my settings and nothing has changed.

Did you use the "Follow this thread" button; Or just reply? If just reply it wont show up under the "content I follow", it will show up under "my content".

Just reply, and why wouldn't it?  It has been for years.

Somewhere in the settings some forums have a setting where anything you reply to automatically gets "followed", it may of been reset or separated during an update or something; look in your profile settings.

Edit: Yes, look under "my settings" then "Notification Options", there you can set that to either way you want. Edited by Omega

Somewhere in the settings some forums have a setting where anything you reply to automatically gets "followed", it may of been reset or separated during an update or something; look in your profile settings.

Edit: Yes, look under "my settings" then "Notification Options", there you can set that to either way you want.

I checked my settings and nothing has changed. 

Yeah.  I thought I covered that in my original post. 

This look about like its supposed to?   

ScreenShot2014-09-08at112944AM_zpsa7a352

Looks good to me, I'll test it with this post and see if it adds a "follow" entry to mine.

Edit: yes, it added it to mine. You may want to try and change it to another setting, say "offline" save it, then change it back and see if it hasn't just been a corrupt setting in your profile. Edited by Omega