Sig P6

RDL

Went to the range today to shoot with a friend. While there they had a Sig P6 in the gun case for sale. I put 75 rounds thru it and fell in love with it. Needless to say I bought it and took it home. Paid $350 and am elated. It shot as good as any gun I have and was in great shape. It had a date stamp on it and looks like it was made in 1982. If you are looking for a very good 9mm at a good price you may want to try to find one of these.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy one they are awesome! Aim are some great people to deal with too.

p61qh2.jpg

By magiccarpetrides, shot with DSC-H5 at 2008-07-28

Mine is a '99 stamp I got it when they were first listed and paid $10 extra for the handpick...it was definitely worth it. Its very accurate with 115gr Remington FMJ. Do not expect to get one in this condition but even if you get a 80's model which seems to be what most ppl are getting these days you will still have a super reliable and accurate gun at a killer price.

Edited by Magiccarpetrides
info

Sorry. I left my camera at work. I have seen a few of these around. I guess they are like used cars, I would want to look them over before buying. I was just lucky that the range where I shoot had one and let me try it out.

Guest abailey362

on my short list.......well on the "want" short list. Haven't found the real niche that a P6 would fill except in the "not expensive, fun, quality handgun" section...but I still want one

Guest Honest AK
I've been looking for the oldest. I swap out and swap out, I'm down to 10/78

That's the same date mine has stamped on it.

For anyone that's been looking for 225/P6 mags, I notice SIG has them for sale on their website for the low, low price of $64.90 with shipping included. :D

I have been reading that some p6s don't feed hollow-points very well. So I took mine this morning to the range and shot a box of Remington JHP thru it. Could not have performed better. No jams. Shot every time. I also shot another box of FMJ and again no problems. I believe that these pistols are the best buy for the money out there today. I am now trying to decide if I want to replace the grips and maybe refinish the slide. Or I may just leave it the way it is. It still has about 95% of the orginal finish.

Guest Fastzntn

I am interested in one of these as well. My local gun shop has a P225 P6 in the counter for the low price of $450:screwy:

For that price I could buy a non P6 P225. As I understand it, the non P6 has lighter springs in it and as such the trigger pull is lighter. In fondling the P6 I saw locally that was the only thing that I thought could use some attention was that heavy trigger......