I'm not happy with my pocket guns.

Will Carry

A single stack Glock? That would be interesting, but would Gaston ever go for it?

Anyway, not having shot the XDs series, I won't comment on them here. But will say that the Shield is an awesome little pistol. Maybe a tad large for a truly easily carried pocket gun, but that's a little subjective.

After years of switching between a Glock 23 and a 27, occasionally switching to a 642, and throwing a 1911 in about once a month for fun I picked up a Taurus TCP a few months ago and wish that I had a long time ago.  Not a hiccup out of it and it shoots much nicer than the LCP.  Being a .380 it has its limitations but I don't mind carrying it a bit, I forget it is there.

The Kahr PM9 is a good pocket carry and its more economical CM9 should be too. My PM9 has night sights and everything else is original. The Kahr's have a trigger somewhat like a revolver, long and smooth. Mine is extremely accurate, light, slim profile and a pleasure too shoot.

I agree! I carry a cm9 most the time. great shooting little gun
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Saw a little bita chatter on here about the G42. Sold my LCP a month ago and went and bought one and haven't looked back since. Even with the pierce grip extension fits fine in jean pocket, not much printing. I know there was a lot of online stuff about their finicky on ammo when they first came out, but I've put everything through it .380 wise I can find trying to get it to malfunction to no avail!! Lol. Awesome little pocket pistol.

My vote is Keltec 32 at 6.6oz unloaded.  I inherited a bucketful of vintage 1982 made in Belgium FN ammo that someone told me was made for the Skorpion machine gun. CDNN or some other online outfit was selling this a few years ago. One of my younger gun buddies gave me his stash in a moment of weakness.  In a .32 JHP are seemingly meaningless, so FMJ Fiocchi is normally the self defense load of choice among .32 acolytes.  However, without any science I think the old FN FMJs (maybe Skorpion ammo?) is sigficantly hotter than Fiocchi, which I keep on hand.  In the world of mouse guns, follow ups, penetration and speed is king.  In .32 Keltec is king.  I had the NAA Guardian, in effect a rough Seacamp, but you can't use the NAA Guardian as fast or accurately at speed as the Keltec.  And in Keltec hardchrome is king. Beretta has the wonderful but chubby Tomcat. Keltec is still king of the mouseguns in .32.

CraigsCarryGuns_zps4a5ac6b6.jpg 

• Like 1

G'crait I agree on presentation, penetration and follow up being of importance with .32 ACP pistols but respectfully disagree on FMJ being the "do-all"  of such caliber enthusiasts.  Contact wounds create catastrophic wound cavities as do neck and occipital wounds, in other words if your within spitting distance aim better. The 9mmK is a step up insofar as pocket rockets go but still has its on issues. Pocket pistols have real limitations and trade offs but are a whole lot better than nothing. BTW you turned a butt ugly Gaston bullet hose into a dog ugly one there. ;-)= 

• Like 1

G'crait I agree on presentation, penetration and follow up being of importance with .32 ACP pistols but respectfully disagree on FMJ being the "do-all"  of such caliber enthusiasts.  Contact wounds create catastrophic wound cavities as do neck and occipital wounds, in other words if your within spitting distance aim better. The 9mmK is a step up insofar as pocket rockets go but still has its on issues. Pocket pistols have real limitations and trade offs but are a whole lot better than nothing. BTW you turned a butt ugly Gaston bullet hose into a dog ugly one there. ;-)= 

:rofl:

Edited by Clod Stomper

I disagree on the use of hollow points in mouse guns.  Me and a friend have shot hundreds of rounds in various media comparing penetration of .32 and .380.  We are of a mind that .32 FMJ will do what one wants out of a mouse gun, probably better than a JHP and probably as well as any .380.  If I was going to war or serve a federal warrant to drug dealers I would not use it as a presentation weapon.  It is the gun I always have and I can shoot it fast, close with either hand, one handed. TNWGR, are you calling my Glock ugly? I'll agree.  That has been the frame and slide I have tried everything on, and it still works. Out of the many Glocks I have owned or shot it has the best Glock trigger I have ever felt. Besides the Fulcrum trigger I forget what I have done to it.  I've been distracted for a few years by 10/22s and now reloading .22 Hornet and .357 magnums.

• Like 1

There's not a .32acp JHP out there that comes close to penetrating enough...if it expands.

IF you carry a .32acp, carry FMJs.  Plus, in those small autos, they tend to feed better and are cheaper.

We want expansion.  We need penetration.  A .32acp JHP can't do both.

graycrait...I've shot a bunch of that FN .32acp.  It was great stuff.

And, actually, the Fiocchi is hotter.  I know this because it was the only thing that stopped up my Dad's P32.  It cycled the slide fast enough to cause FTF malfunctions.  Not saying Fiocchi is bad (his grip may have had something to do with it as well).

I don't remember the figures, but we chrono'ed/verified it as well.

Once the FN stuff ran out, we liked S&B .32acp the best.

Edited by TN-popo