bigcdaddy

Pinnacle 18 movie theater Turkey Creek

They have a very small sign in very small print, if I hadn't looked for it then I wouldn't have known it was there. I informed management for it to be legal they needed a bigger sign and it had to be on all entrances.

They have a very small sign in very small print, if I hadn't looked for it then I wouldn't have known it was there. I informed management for it to be legal they needed a bigger sign and it had to be on all entrances.

:shake:

- OS

• Like 4

That is probably the worst thing you could do. Why would you encourage them to make the posting legal? I've always carried here in the past without issue. 

:shake:

- OS

I'll see that and raise you.... :shake: :shake:

Does the handgun carry class now include a module on informing businesses of proper posting procedures?

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1

[quote name="Garufa" post="1187749" timestamp="1410212297"]I'll see that and raise you.... :shake: :shake: Does the handgun carry class now include a module on informing businesses of proper posting procedures?[/quote] I must have slept through it if it was... Maybe we can take up a collection and pay to print out pamphlets on proper posting. Make it a door to door, grassroots type thing...

Can't be serious...all the doors were posted a while back. Was happy to see the last time I was there that they had changed to the barely noticeable sign on one end...not that it stopped anyone before...

I'll drop by Walmart and pick up a few dozen stickers for them  :squint:

Well, thanks a pantload.  

I'll drop by Walmart and pick up a few dozen stickers for them  :squint:

Cool.  And I'll take my Kalashnikov, sling it in front, and protest in front of the theater.  That'll teach'em....  They'll be having "Open Carry Day" by the time I'm done.

:shrug:

• Like 3

That is probably the worst thing you could do. Why would you encourage them to make the posting legal? I've always carried here in the past without issue. 

Why?  Because...  well.... never mind...

Edit:  Just want to clarify.  No snark is aimed at you, Erik88.  

Edited by Clod Stomper

*FACEPALM*. Why in the world would you do that?

you aren't from around here, are you.

• Like 1

I was absolutely delighted when the door signs came off, and have carried in there repeatedly since then. Thanks for screwing things up for the rest of us.

They informed me that they didn't want guns carried on the property. So me being the law abiding citizen I am, took my gun back to the truck. It is there right to decide if they want carry or not and they didn't, and I have to respect that. Doesn't mean I will patronize their business again.

And just for clarification on my first post. After I saw the small sign in small print, I went and asked the manager if I could carry and was told no. 

Edited by bigcdaddy

I've been in other Regal theaters that had no postings and wondered why the Turkey Creek location did.  Instead of checking with the specific facility I sent a request for information to Regal's central office and never got a response.  I informed them that as long as the posting was on any Regal property I'd be spending my money at the Cedar Bluff Winsong and the Oak Ridge Cinemark. 

They informed me that they didn't want guns carried on the property. So me being the law abiding citizen I am, took my gun back to the truck. It is there right to decide if they want carry or not and they didn't, and I have to respect that. Doesn't mean I will patronize their business again.

And just for clarification on my first post. After I saw the small sign in small print, I went and asked the manager if I could carry and was told no. 

Yes it is "their" right to decide as to allow or not allow carry.... It is also "their" duty to properly mark all entrance doors.... It is not "your" responsibility to play hall cop for them....

I've been in other Regal theaters that had no postings and wondered why the Turkey Creek location did.  Instead of checking with the specific facility I sent a request for information to Regal's central office and never got a response.  I informed them that as long as the posting was on any Regal property I'd be spending my money at the Cedar Bluff Winsong and the Oak Ridge Cinemark. 

I'm pretty sure the Oak Ridge Cinemark is kind of posted. They have a gun buster sign inside the ticket booth that is outside. Not posted on the doors. Most of the time that I ever go is during a matinee, and they have the front booth closed, which means you have to go inside to buy your ticket. So, I never get the opportunity to see the posting.  :up:

• Like 1

As an update to this old post. The last time I was at this theater they had a massive, and I mean obnoxiously big, gunbuster sign on every door. I've never seen signs that big. Fast forward to last weekend and those are now gone.  Now they have one very small sign indicating guns are not allowed. The sign does NOT meet legal requirements though. 

23 minutes ago, A.J. Holst said:

Don't rat me out, but no metal detectors or federal offense, concealed is concealed.

ycYlRpZ.jpg

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, A.J. Holst said:

Don't rat me out, but no metal detectors or federal offense, concealed is concealed.

Yeah same. This place isn't legally posted so I was not concerned. My dad didn't even see the sign until I mentioned it.

Edited by Erik88
  • Like 2