Help Cheer Up One of Our Own...David.

Sidewinder

Just got off of the phone with David and he's pretty sad. Lost his dog that he's had since it was two days old! Said he brought it home in his shirt pocket, and fed it with an eye dropper. So, I'll bet all of us can cheer him up a little by posting our sympathies for the loss of his well loved dog. Many of us have lost a dog at one time in our lives, and know it can be like loosing a family member. How about it TGOers, please post one for David.

EDIT: This is the David that gives us great deals on powder and bullets...DLM37015.

Edited by Sidewinder
  • Like 2
I'm not sure which David this is being addressed to, but I'm very sorry for your loss. The blessings an animal brings us through love and devotion are balanced by their short time with us. I do hope you were able to spend some special time with your 4 legged friend before doing what every good pet keeper eventually has to do. I still feel like a grade A butt head for not being there for my old girl Indy a few years back. I was living out of state at the time and it wasn't a shock when I got the call from my brother, but it still hurt. I know she'd have forgiven me in spades by now, but it's still hard.

David,

I can't imagine that.  I was looking at my dog last night, seeing her fur color change from gold to white and wondering if she knows how much she means to our family.

An irreplaceable part of the family, when lost, is devastating.  I wish you and yours the best right now, remembering the loyalty and companionship that you enjoyed; a treasure indeed.

Clay

Have lost my share and the one in my Avatar was bottle fed by me from his birth and he was 17 when I lost him and I know what your going through my friend. Now with that said I know a part of your heart is gone from your chest but your memories will never leave. Let me tell you something else. Dogs do go to Heaven. GOD put dogs here as mans best friend and look at GOD spelled backwards and you will know you will get to see your best friend again some day. I believe that with all my heart................ :wave:

• Like 3

I am so sorry David. I know David loved Rocco more than any man could love an animal and for good reason because Rocco was such a cute dog with a lot of personality. He would show us pictures of Rocco anytime we met because of how much David loved his little Rocco.

I could not imagine what you are going through David and if you want to talk you have my number.

My most sincere condolences David.

I happen to agree with what bersaguy said. I too believe we will be reunited with those we love when our time here is done. To me, that is what heaven is about.

My wife and I love our dogs like they are our children. And we like them more than most of the humans we come into contact with.

God Bless Sir.

• Like 1

One of  the saddest days ever is when a dearly loved pet passes over the sunset hill... Dogs are very special and are, i believe, God's way of giving us humans a lesson in what He is like... As others have said; it's no mistake that "dog" spelled backwards is "god"...  Our thoughts and prayers are with you...

Here is the truth of the matter:

Epitaph to a Dog
George Gordon Byron1788 - 1824

Near this Spot
are deposited the Remains of one
who possessed Beauty without Vanity,
Strength without Insolence,
Courage without Ferosity,
and all the virtues of Man without his Vices.
This praise, which would be unmeaning Flattery
if inscribed over human Ashes,
is but a just tribute to the Memory of
BOATSWAIN, a DOG,
who was born in Newfoundland May 1803
and died at Newstead Nov. 18th, 1808.

George Gordon Byron was right...

http://www.poets.org/poetsorg/poem/epitaph-dog

It's been 4 years since my beloved golden retriever "jake" went over the sunset hill... I'm still teary eyed thinkin about him...

leroy

Edited by leroy
  • Like 6

I'm not sure which David this is being addressed to, but I'm very sorry for your loss. The blessings an animal brings us through love and devotion are balanced by their short time with us. I do hope you were able to spend some special time with your 4 legged friend before doing what every good pet keeper eventually has to do. I still feel like a grade A butt head for not being there for my old girl Indy a few years back. I was living out of state at the time and it wasn't a shock when I got the call from my brother, but it still hurt. I know she'd have forgiven me in spades by now, but it's still hard.

Sorry, this is the David that has gun powder, bullets and more at gun shows...DLM37015.

You can't cheer up a man that's lost his dog. Only time will mend that, and then only sorta.

Agree, Raoul... but thought we could let him know we're feeling sympathy for his loss. Nothing we can say will fill that void...but I believe it's good to know friends are thinking about you at a time of such personal loss.