Can't edit my posts????

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

This problem has been happening to me on and off for several months now.

Most of the time it's from the mobile Tapatalk app that will let me post a new thread or a new reply to an existing thread, but then it won't let me moderate that thread or edit my post, it just tells me something like "You don't have permissions to do that" even though I am obviously the owner of the thread or post involved. This same problem happens with the desktop website too, however I can sometimes get away with editing a thread or post via the desktop website which I was not able to edit via Tapatalk.

I have tried all sorts of things from logging out and back in, clearing cache and cookies, using different browsers, uninstalling and reinstalling Tapatalk, using different versions of Tapatalk, and using quick editor vs. full editor but nothing seems to fix it. Most of the times the forum just starts working again a few days or weeks later, but occasionally I end up with a dead thread or post that I never am able to moderate or edit ever again. This is highly annoying.

It just happened to me again today. I tried to respond to a classified ad (http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/81744-sold/) by sending Tercel89 a PM via Tapatalk, and I was able to view his profile and type out the PM on Tapatalk, but when I clicked on the send button it would give me various messages such as "Member profile not found", "You do not have permissions to use this form", "Refresh the form and try again", etc. I then gave up and posted a reply in the actual classified thread with my phone number via Tapatalk, which worked and Tercel89 was able to text me, but then when I later tried to edit my reply to remove my phone number from the classified ad I was getting more error messages and it would not let me edit that post. So in this instance today I was able to fire up my home PC and edit the post just fine, but Tapatalk is still throwing various error messages when I try to edit posts or send PMs.