Where are you girls?

Just wondering where everyone has run off too? Haven't heard from many of the 'regulars' lately.....where are you ladies??

Check in and say hello....let us know what you've been up to! :)

As for myself, I've had a little more oppurtunity to do a bit of shooting the last month or so. I've shot my Ruger MK II, my AK-47, and my Glock 23. Now I need to do some cleaning...that's the part that I don't care for! LOL

Other news.....my son is finally potty trained!! Yippeee!!! It's been about a month now and he's doing great! :bowrofl:

So come on girls, chime in and say hello!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been a bit busy with my kindergartener; job-hunting & I have also spent the last month trying to get over a virus, then a chest cold <yuck>.

Haven't had the opportunity to do any shooting...have been helping my husband with a boat engine that we bought last month.

YIPPEEE for your son being potty-trained!! Its going to be easy on you now! No more running to the stores for pull-ups (which seems to be getting more expensive each year).

Will attempt to visit more often to say "hi" to everyone.

Guest Angel 24/7

well lets see. I got a job promotion. I am now the General Manager. All that means is more paperwork & on call 24/7.

Football season is almost over for Dakota, His team is in the playoffs.

He is in 5th grade so homework is piled to the ceiling every night.

Baylie always has me busy. Her birthday is Dec.5 so My sister & I have been planning a trip to Atlanta to the American Girl store(girls weekend).

Then there is my husband(Xdshooter), He requires as much attention as the kids.

Great job on potty training. I hated that stage . My son was 3-4 by the time he was completely done, my daughter was 2.

The only time I get on the computer is to work on stuff. I will try to make it a point to stop by. I haven't had a chance to even go shooting in 2 months.

Congratulations and good luck to everybody. That's awesome that your son is potty trained now, PackinMama, and congratulations on the promotion Angel 24/7. I hope that job hunt goes well MrsS.

I'm not a "regular" but here goes. I haven't been shooting in a month. I'm in school and working, so I've been living off of caffeine and adrenaline. I get to start working with a kindergarten class on Monday morning. I'm excited and scared about that.:D

My husband is possibly getting a new job, and that means I can quit mine. I'm praying hard about that one. The only problem is that if I quit I can't get too much for Christmas a.k.a. more guns. :)

MrsS, I can sympathize with the virus and chest cold....it's made it's rounds around my family too. My sister & her family got it first...then my mom got it.....then my son and I got it.....then my in-laws got it! My mom and in-laws are still trying to kick it, but everyone else is better now thankfully. Hope you get better soon! And good luck with the boat motor too! :)

Angel 24/7, Congrats on the promotion! I hope that along with the paperwork and being on call all the time they gave you a nice raise! ;) I'm glad I'm not the only one with a child that was almost 4 before he was potty trained. I was starting to think I'd be buying diapers forever! This will save me an easy $100 a month, so I'm very happy!!

Hustle, good luck with your kindergarten class tomorrow! I bet you'll love it! That's still a fun and innocent age.....now if it was anything past about 4th grade you'd be in trouble! ;) My little guy will start preschool next year...I'm excited!! I'll finally have a bit of 'me' time when he's in school....I can't even remember what that's like it's been soooooo long!!!

Edited by PackinMama
spelling
Guest Angel 24/7

Yes, I felt so excited when the potty training was done. It looks like your getting a raise also. $100 a month.

Yes, xdshooter was so excited I got a raise. I think his brain was calculating how much more ammo he could buy with it! (haha)

We had a virus run threw our house about a month ago, It was bad.

It is very important to have "me" time!!!!!! Every mother should have it!!!

Guest Natosha

Well lets see........... I have a 21 month old! (That tells you how busy I am.) Plus we are starting potty training very soon. My son loves sitting on the potty. Just hasn't used it yet. HA! (I am dreading it but it has to be done ,right!)

Just started a new church about a month and half ago. We really love it and go to three services each week. I work on Fridays at the YMCA day care room and one Saturday a month. Cooking, Cleaning, Laundry, Laundry and more Laundry. (Its a never endind cycle.)

As for Guns: Just got my Ruger LCP. I have not shot it yet but hope to very very soon.

Packinmama- Yeah on the potty training. Any tips.

Mrs.S- good luck Job hunting.

Angel- Yeah on the promotion.

Hi everyone else.

Natosha, I definitely know how busy you are!! Those little guys keep you running for sure ;) As for potty training tips.....I'm not the best person to ask! LOL Mine was 3.5 yrs. old before he finally got it! I really didn't push him at all.....I just made 'suggestions' and let him get there in his own time. He started with telling me when he went in his diaper.....when that happens, you know they're almost ready. It only took about a month after that and he was going in the potty. I heard from a bunch of people that you shouldn't push boys in particular....they say it can actually set them back instead of helping them......so I just patiently waited and one day he started using the potty and that was it....done. I still put a pull-up on him at night but that's it.

Yea, potty training, seems weird reading about this topic on a gun forum, but anyway, my 2 girls were youger, 2-3 range, my son, well....he was around 4, actually 4 and a couple of months.

What I learned, you teach, you praise, and you wait until they ultimately decide. If they tell you, that's a good sign, they are close, if they are embarssed and go behind things to do it, then they are close to be ready. Use stickers, and gifts. $1 store is a great places to bribe err umm help them make that decision. Good luck, my other son, who is turning 1, well hopefully he will go early, but I doubt it, so a few more years of this crap....pun intended! ;)

Guest FNandGlock

My wife was going to join when I did but she ended up getting deployed to Iraq so it will be next September before she can join in the fun here, she said make sure there is room when she gets back for her.

My daughter who is 4.5 will still have accidents. Playing is so much more fun than going to the potty. My son is thinking he may start training one day (he is 2.5)

Yep, he's in charge! LOL!

My 5 year old still will come running inside doing the "OH CRAP, I WAITED TILL THE LAST SECOND......AGAIN DANCE!!!!!!!!" And accidents do happen.

My wife was going to join when I did but she ended up getting deployed to Iraq so it will be next September before she can join in the fun here, she said make sure there is room when she gets back for her.

Thank her and we look forward to welcoming her!;)

Boys are easier to PT cause (this is the Arkansan in me) you just send them out side and let them try to hit targets (rocks and stuff.. not other kids!). Girls are easier with the conventional reward thing. Aside from all the methods out there, the best tip I can give is to get them to try at regular intervals (at least once an hour) till they get the hang of it. Then they won't get caught in an "emergency" they didn't anticipate and set them back. All in all it takes work and patience. Just my .02.

BTW I have a 3 yr old (boy) who got it quick (two days) when he was a little under two and a 5 yr old (girl) who got it a little earlier than him. My 2 yr old (boy) keeps telling us and tries, but we haven't been as consistent with him.

I'm trying to get my wife on hear.... sort of, I don't want her to really know how many guns I have or how much I sold or paid for them!:blink:

Boys are easier to PT cause (this is the Arkansan in me) you just send them out side and let them try to hit targets (rocks and stuff.. not other kids!). Girls are easier with the conventional reward thing. Aside from all the methods out there, the best tip I can give is to get them to try at regular intervals (at least once an hour) till they get the hang of it. Then they won't get caught in an "emergency" they didn't anticipate and set them back. All in all it takes work and patience. Just my .02.

BTW I have a 3 yr old (boy) who got it quick (two days) when he was a little under two and a 5 yr old (girl) who got it a little earlier than him. My 2 yr old (boy) keeps telling us and tries, but we haven't been as consistent with him.

I'm trying to get my wife on hear.... sort of, I don't want her to really know how many guns I have or how much I sold or paid for them!:blink:

My 1 yr old is our 4th, he might not ever get trained!:P:D

Prayers to your wife & her comrades in Iraq!! My son was 4 1/2 years old when he potty-trained, but he still had accidents when he was outside playing....got in the habit of finding a tree, LOL...my daughter was potty-trained by 2; I think girls learn faster.

Thanks to all the well-wishers, btw.

Glad to hear that there might be some more women around here soon!

MrsTungsten, come on now, quit reading over Mr.T's shoulder and join in the fun! You can learn lots of stuff on here....just look at this thread!

FNandGlock, thank your wife for me too! Tell her there'll be plenty room here when she gets back and we're looking forward to meeting her! Hey, if Obama and Biden get in the white house, according to what they're telling us, she might be home before next September :)

Nsnate, don't worry, we won't tell on you if your wife joins the group ;) You said "Boys are easier to PT cause (this is the Arkansan in me) you just send them out side and let them try to hit targets"........that's funny, my son loves to water the flowers, so I tell him to go outside and 'water the flowers'....he likes that :cool: The other day my neighbors were walking their dogs in front of my house and he walked out onto the front porch with his pants down and 'watered the flowers' right in front of them! :D

Guest TinkerBell

hey... im still new to the whole firearms thing.. been to the range twice and i love it. Im goin to the range this weekend and i cant wait. My boyfriend is excited how much i enjoy it. dont have a firearm of my own yet but hope to be getting one for xmas.. just something in a .22 maybe a sig mosquito but im not really sure yet.. ill keep yall updated on what i get n how it goes at the range this weekend..

Guest Valkyrie

I browse when I can. I've actually been slacking hardcore until just recently.

I work literally all the time. I think I spend more time at work than at home anymore. It sucks. I've also been spending my weekend evenings working at a local haunted house. It's fun, but makes me miss Busch Gardens and the people I worked with doing the same thing last year... only in VA. lol

Other than that, anytime the power goes out in our neighborhood/area, it jacks up the router and I have to wait for Verbal to be able to fix it. Usually that takes a little while and by the time I get home from working a 13 hour day, I'd rather sleep than sit online. lol

I'm actually heading out the door as soon as I end this to pick up the oldest from school, bring him home, and then head to work. Bye for now all!

Hey there everyone..... I also have been really busy, I've been riding a lot. I've put 3500 miles on my bike in 3 months if that tells ya anything. I am also trying to help a friend of mine learn to ride and every weekend Mark and I either go somewhere on Saturday or Sunday. I just joined a Chapter of Women In The Wind, a womens motorcycle group. I am having a really great time on my two wheels.

I haven't been to the range lately, I need to go. I miss coming on here and I need to try to do better, I just can't seem to keep up with everything.

Congrats on getting the little man potty trained PackinMama! I was always happy when mine were trained, it is such a big relief to not buy diapers.

G & D: you better get all your riding done before winter sets in, LOL....what are you going to do once it gets too cold for the motorcycle?

Glad you are enjoying it!!