Where are you girls?

Oh MrsS, I don't even want to think about that! LOL I will probably bundle up really warm and ride anyway. If it doesn't rain tomorrow I will be riding. I will ride into the season until I can't get enough on to keep me warm and then I will park it until a warmer day. Not sure yet how much I will be able to stand but as you can see I am really addicted to it. I think I am truly a biker and was born to be one, it just took me a long time to find that out LOL

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Guns, how I envy you! :lol: I wish I could have one whole day to myself once in a while. I've not had a 'kid break' really ever since I've had my son. I can't wait until preschool let me tell you. I feel like I'm losing my mind sometimes. Glad you're enjoying your bike.....if I live through raising this child maybe I can get a bike someday........

Keep on riding, G & D!! The changing leaves are just beautiful!

Packinmama: is this your 1st child??

I am one of those "contradiction" mothers.....I am sooo glad when an opportunity presents itself for my son to be gone for a few (not counting school) & I can get a break......but then I get "antsy" when he isn't around.

I guess its because outside of daycare (now school)...he is always with me-just about everywhere I go. I guess I got used to planning my day & involving him in it & I feel "discombobulated" when it changes. I know it sounds silly, LOL.

MrsS, yes....this is my first, last and only child. I was 37 when I had him and I had to have a hysterectomy last summer (which was really ok because I had already decided that one was enough at my age). I really don't know what I'd do without him, I love him so much......but I do miss having a little quiet time once in a while. He's at a bad age right now..... always into something, won't listen or mind me, has bad temper tantrums, and never shuts up! On top of having him 24/7, I also take care of my elderly mother that has mild-moderate alzheimers. She lives next door. That combination makes for a lot of frustration let me tell you.

Last night I took my son to the city park in Morristown where they were having "Boo Fest." It was an absolute nightmare! It was extremely crowded and they had booths set up with these LOOOONNNGGG lines that you had to wait in before you could get the candy......I could not get my son to stay in line. He kept wandering toward the playground stuff and he just would not listen to me. I finally had to leave after the third booth.

I know when he does start preschool next year I'll miss him and worry.....but I'm also going to savor the time I get to spend alone :P

Guest Natosha

Packin Mama- Jude is in a parents day out program with a local church. He goes twice a week for 5 hours. I miss him so much when he is there but I can get all my errands done and house work (If I make myself do it) and time for reading. You should look to see if you have one in your area. I know some places are only once a week but it would help him get used to going to school too and get him comfy around other kids. That is the biggest reason we did for Jude. He didn't know how to play really! HA! I have noticed a huge difference in him.

• 1 month later...

Hello Ladies! Just wanted to say Hi and mention that I'm glad to have found this website and I look forward to getting to know everyone. I've left an introductory thread in the Introductions forum. I'm really new to guns & shooting so I know I'll learn a lot here :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey ladies....have been busy over the past few months & even now have a minute or two to spare. I finally got a job....and one that I have been wanting!! I am in intense training & find myself mentally exhausted, only to have to come home & do shift two(kid, house, cooking, etc). I will do my best to spare a few minutes in the evening to see what's up with everyone.

Welcome to all the new ladies & to those that have been here....I will see you around the site!!