Trying to decide on a 10MM

Guest JLowe

I have been wanting a 10mm handgun for some reason lately and can't decide on what to buy. I don't want a Glock, got to many, so that leaves a older S&W, Colt Delta, or one of those EAA's. I don't really like the S&W auto's. I would really like to know about the EAA's. I've never shot or handled one and would like to know what they shoot like and how reliable they are. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Verbal Kint

Colt's bringing back the Delta Elite. Distributors have the info in their systems, from Colt, just hasn't been released yet. I would assume sometime relatively soon, though. This has been tempting me since seeing the photos from the SHOT show.

Guest bkelm18
The 10mm feels like a .22 in a Glock 20.Not to mention 15 rd mags.

I wouldn't go so far as saying it feels like a .22 but I think the polymer eats up a good amount of the recoil.

Some calibers just don't feel right in a plastic handgun. 10mm is one of them. ;)
I wouldn't go so far as saying it feels like a .22 but I think the polymer eats up a good amount of the recoil.

I've shot a Delat Elite and a Glock 20c, one after the other, and have to say the G20c though loud and dirty is smoother (IMO) with less recoill even though it felt like it was a pound lighter. And by no means am I a Glock koolaid drinker :blink: as my only Glock is a G34. I must say though that the Delta is way cooler looking.:P

Guest bkelm18
I've shot a Delat Elite and a Glock 20c, one after the other, and have to say the G20c though loud and dirty is smoother (IMO) with less recoill even though it felt like it was a pound lighter. And by no means am I a Glock koolaid drinker :blink: as my only Glock is a G34. I must say though that the Delta is way cooler looking.:P

Yeah, I'm not a Glock guy and the Glock sure is ugly but the recoil on the G20 is pretty manageable.

Guest Verbal Kint
Sony Crockett started all this 10mm business. What was that thing he had? If I was getting a 10mm I would have to have one of those. :blink:

leaving.gif

Bren Ten.

VLTOR is actually bringing back the Bren Ten as well, or their updated version of it. The parts are already in production and slides are being milled... so it too, like the Colt Delta Elite, will be reintroduced soon. The 10mm craze is making a comeback.

Google "bren ten" for the original design... and "vltor bren ten" for the new model.

Guest bkelm18
Bren Ten.

VLTOR is actually bringing back the Bren Ten as well, or their updated version of it. The parts are already in production and slides are being milled... so it too, like the Colt Delta Elite, will be reintroduced soon. The 10mm craze is making a comeback.

Google "bren ten" for the original design... and "vltor bren ten" for the new model.

I hope to god it drops the ammo prices. :blink: