Grand Torino strikes again

A friend of mine had a custom made knife that his father gave to him years ago and this past hunting season I ended up using it a few times and really liked most aspects of it. I am fairly ignorant when it comes to knife making lingo but did my best to convey what I wanted and between that and a sketch he hit the nail on the head. If anyone wants a beautiful handmade knife do not hesitate to contact Grand Torino. here's a few pictures.

91CE0A89-2A67-4757-9B81-B45B07AC2114.jpg

064B401B-75DA-49D5-8E54-79AA02A57344.jpg

1456A802-F804-4C7F-BE08-33DE6EF55F47.jpg

01BFF1A9-DD76-4B91-8A44-46824A18A42B.jpg

F0F85FC6-52D9-4A26-B13E-E7E2648638DE.jpg

• Like 6

Most of the pictures of "custom" knives that get posted on here don't do anything for me, but this one is beautiful.  That looks like it would be a joy to use; especially to dress a fresh deer.  Congrats on your custom knife.

Dressing deer and hogs is the reason the piece of steel became a knife. Like I mentioned in the original post, A friend and TGO member has one with the exact blade design and it was the best skinning knife that i'd ever used and I have no doubt that this one will be no different. I like that it still has a decent point to the tip but is swept up and out of the way so that you have to intend to use it. Grand Torino really does nice work and I hope that this isn't the last one of his knives that I own.

What always amazes me about Gran Torino's knives is the level of fit and finish.  I mean, he makes knives that look better than knives that come from high-end manufacturers and even a lot of the other custom knife makers that I have seen.  The knife in this post is a great example.

That is one beautiful knife. Now be sure and break it in with a little deer blood and guts next week!

I don't now hunt so it'll have to wait. I bought the best Hoyt had to offer back 7-8 years ago and enjoyed shooting it but quickly realized that if it was still warm outside I would be busy. The now got stolen along with plenty of other stuff and I never replaced it. I did however trim up a peice of last years back strap with it for dinner last night. Left me wishing that I'd left more fat on it.