Hand Gun Prices??

bersaguy

:panic: Is it just me or has handgun prices began to come back down?  I go and look at prices at Buds on line ever so often and I remember back when I bought my Bersa Thunder 380's back about 4 years ago I gave $219.00+ tax here locally plus normal stuff NCIC stuff. Then about a year later I went back to same store another 380 Bersa and it was $279.00+ all the other normal stuff. So I looked at Buds and it was $238.00 + goodies and saved about 25 bucks. Then about a year later local store was $349.00+ stuff and Buds was $319.00 + stuff.  Just went and looked at Buds and they are now $272.00 and that would be plus stuff. Did I imagine all those gun prices or did they really exist and now they are coming back down? I bought my LCP back about 3 years ago and gave 299.00 + stuff and when I looked about 2 months ago they were like 359.00 + and today they are $302.00. Now someone tell me I am not imagining all of this and it has really been happening........................ :shrug: :shrug:

I wonder if all the panic buying worked against the gun industry like Cash For Clunkers worked against the automobile industry. It stirred up artificial demand and suppliers ramped up and got stuck sitting on inventory after the frenzy was over?

Would you believe I saw AR lowers on sale for $29 and $39? They sold out immediately but they will have them again.

I would say the feeding frenzy is over.

I think you and Big K are both right and it turned off like a water faucet cause I was looking at gun prices a couple weeks ago cause I had a little money to invest and I figured I would invest it in firearms. Figure I could always get my money back. Glad I only bought 2 back then because right now I can't sell either one of them and looks like I will be making safe queens out of both and won't even have one of them till Wednesday. Bottom fell out on it before I even got it from the guy............ :shrug: :shrug:  Maybe the November elections will get folks buying again. I'm hoping it gets jump started by something else because the elections we need to win........JMHO

Edited by bersaguy

I wonder if all the panic buying worked against the gun industry like Cash For Clunkers worked against the automobile industry. It stirred up artificial demand and suppliers ramped up and got stuck sitting on inventory after the frenzy was over?

This. The industry has been a lot slower than normal over the last year I'd say, and we've been seeing a lot of places hurting some even closing up altogether from it.