Glock 24 and .357 Sig

hipower

Anyone here shot this combo?

I've had this G24 for quite some time and been threatening to get the 357 barrel for it.

Well...it arrived in today's mail.

Got a Lone Wolf off ebay from lonewolfdistributors. Super fast service. 

Ordered on the evening of the 18th, and it got here this morning.

Grabbed the 24,pulled out the 40 barrel, and dropped the 357 in. It seem like a perfect fit...just as advertised. Reassembled it and cycled a few times. Seems just like the orginal.

So Wednesday morning, I'm heading out for a range with a neighbor on his first time shooting.

Think I should let him try the 357 first? lol

Actually, I have a 22 revolver for his first shooting attempt.

It's not crazy. It gives you multiple caliber capability on the same frame for minimal investment.

The 6" 357 barrel was 124.95 shipped. I believe a shorter barrel for the G23 is about 110.

I have a Springfield XD in 357 sig, and am not real fond of it out of the short barrel and smaller frame. With the seemingly better recoil absorbing characteristics of the Glocks...well who knows.

I may or may not like it. I'll let you know.

In either event, I've still got 2 calibers going from one gun. And easily store the other barrel in the same bag. I do like that capability.

Addendum: I do look forward to a night shoot with the 357 and the 22TCM. Any thoughts on which will have the bigger flash?

Edited by hipower

It's not crazy. It gives you multiple caliber capability on the same frame for minimal investment.

The 6" 357 barrel was 124.95 shipped. I believe a shorter barrel for the G23 is about 110.

I have a Springfield XD in 357 sig, and am not real fond of it out of the short barrel and smaller frame. With the seemingly better recoil absorbing characteristics of the Glocks...well who knows.

I may or may not like it. I'll let you know.

In either event, I've still got 2 calibers going from one gun. And easily store the other barrel in the same bag. I do like that capability.

Addendum: I do look forward to a night shoot with the 357 and the 22TCM. Any thoughts on which will have the bigger flash?

Im saying crazy because I really shouldnt be buying anymore firearms if I dont even fire the ones I own. 

Will do, Leroy.

I've been saying I would get this for six months or so, and while sitting here checking prices again last Thursday night, I figured I needed to finally do it.

The only problem I had was getting hold of those tiny little slide releases. Dang they are small.

OK, put about 100 rounds downrange this morning with the 357 Sig and the LoneWolf barrel in the G24.

No problems whatsoever with it. Fed well. Very accurate. VERY accurate.

My best group at 15 yards was just under 2". That was slow controlled fire. I was exceedingly pleased with it. 

Even more pleased with the next round where I tried to fire off just as it reset. Less than 3'' between all the shots. For me that is fantastic.

Of course that 6" sight radius doesn't hurt either. All in all, I think it was a great purchase. And it was a blast to shoot. That lightened slide really helps.

Now I can't wait to pick up the 17L and see how it performs.

I have no doubt that most of you guys could do far better than this, but considering my abilities and limitations; I'm quite happy with it. 

And now you are tempting those of us who shouldnt be buying stuff. Shame on you.

Yeah, Hipower has that effect. Chat him up a little and all of a sudden your in the market for something you'd barely given previous thought too. Of course, the rest of you all aren't much better... :cool: and some are actually worse for your wallet to talk too! :stunned: