My newest project, Mini Draco

Actually like the saiga forearm in that. It'd look good and function better with a Manticore Nightbrake or a SLR brake http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=94&product_id=57

I am wanting it as short as possible for the backpack. If I have to use it I am not going to be worried about the flash It came with a AR style flash hider and I bought a Damage Industries brake. I will say that shooting it with the brake it has no recoil at all but it also has a bit of a bite for the shooter. I shot about 10 rounds and that was enough, it forced my eyes closed and the pressure wave actually was uncomfortable.

This is the brake from Damage Industries.

img_3876.jpg

And right now they have a 30% off sale using the coupon code "CUSTOMER30". I picked up the brake with a hammer spring and with shipping it was $28.28 shipped.

I just did a test fit of a Sig brace and the side folder will lock closed with it in place so I might pick one up now. I LOVE the way they feel but they do add bulk and weight to the gun. I will probably drill out the bottom of the buffer tube to get rid of some of the weight. It will also be a great place to store any documentation like the ATF ruling that it is a pistol with the Sig brace installed.

I measured it with the extended buffer tube and it is 26.25" long including the buffer tube. So if the ATF rules in my favor and agrees the buffer tube can be counted for overall length I will be adding a VFG to keep me from shooting my fingers off.

• Like 1

I measured it with the extended buffer tube and it is 26.25" long including the buffer tube. So if the ATF rules in my favor and agrees the buffer tube can be counted for overall length I will be adding a VFG to keep me from shooting my fingers off.

But you said you wanted to keep it as "handgun" ?  Put an AFG or a hand stop on it.

- OS

I am wanting it as short as possible for the backpack. If I have to use it I am not going to be worried about the flash It came with a AR style flash hider and I bought a Damage Industries brake. I will say that shooting it with the brake it has no recoil at all but it also has a bit of a bite for the shooter. I shot about 10 rounds and that was enough, it forced my eyes closed and the pressure wave actually was uncomfortable.

This is the brake from Damage Industries.

img_3876.jpg

And right now they have a 30% off sale using the coupon code "CUSTOMER30". I picked up the brake with a hammer spring and with shipping it was $28.28 shipped.

I just did a test fit of a Sig brace and the side folder will lock closed with it in place so I might pick one up now. I LOVE the way they feel but they do add bulk and weight to the gun. I will probably drill out the bottom of the buffer tube to get rid of some of the weight. It will also be a great place to store any documentation like the ATF ruling that it is a pistol with the Sig brace installed.

I just received my TPP Brake today Ill let you know how it goes when I get the chance to shoot it

If its anything like the Mosin brake they make it should knock the recoil down to nearly nothing 

This brake on the mosin I shot made the Mosin go from a crazy hard recoil to almost nothing

It is also fairly small in size

It really isnt any longer than the M4 a2 flash hider they come with of course it is Wider but it is way smaller than my 4 pc bulgarian Flash Hider

13c119.png

I can't take credit for the idea for the Saiga forearm. Plank White posted a picture of someone else who had done the same thing and I thought it looked great.

Yours looks better than the other one I saw, it has the cut straight and just seems better to me.

I still cant wait on watching your custom handgaurd Ideas 

Edited by plank white
  • 2 weeks later...