Where to Find 6.5x52mm Carcano

My brother in law recently traded a new handgun for a rough looking Carcano in 6.5x52mm. The problem with my BIL is he doesn't think things through & he got the rifle without any clips, sling, bayonet, or ammo & never bothered to see if ammo was redily available before trading. The guy he got the rifle from told him that 6.5x52mm is extremely easy to find & only costs $10-$15 per box. I've tried to help him find some online but it's been priced for double to triple that online & most is listed as out of stock. My LGS says they can't get it at all. Does anyone know of anywhere in the Knoxville/Oak Ridge area that sells Carcano ammo? He's also looking for clips, but we can pick them up online if necessary. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by luvmyberetta
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! I have one, and some ammo. In my opinion, a box of ammo is worth more than the Italian battle rifle.

http://www.lohmanarms.com/product_p/ppa65x52.htm

This place claims to have it in stock. However, I ordered 22 mag ammo from the 2 months ago, and still haven't received it.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/322056/norma-usa-american-ph-ammunition-65mm-carcano-156-grain-soft-point-box-of-20

This IS in stock if he really, really, REALLY wants it. :shake:

Edited by gregintenn

LOL! I have one, and some ammo. In my opinion, a box of ammo is worth more than the Italian battle rifle.

http://www.lohmanarms.com/product_p/ppa65x52.htm

This place claims to have it in stock. However, I ordered 22 mag ammo from the 2 months ago, and still haven't received it.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/322056/norma-usa-american-ph-ammunition-65mm-carcano-156-grain-soft-point-box-of-20

This IS in stock if he really, really, REALLY wants it. :shake:

Thanks. I'll be sure to pass this along to him.

The Carcano wouldn't have been my first choice, but all he heard from the seller was "it's the same type of rifle used to kill Kennedy" & he was hooked. Like I said, he doesn't think things through. He's also 22 going on 12, but what can you do when he won't take advice? He has a little over $350 just in the rifle & still has no ammo & no stripper clips. Basically he has an expensive door prop at the moment.

i have a friend that had to 6.5 guns back years ago. One Italian and one Japanese. He did his own sporterirzing  of them for deer hunting and I was actually surprised at the number of deer he was able to bag with them. This was back in the mid to late 60's. Have not seen him since our High School Class reunion about 25 years ago so have no clue if he still has them or if he is even still alive. I shot them both a couple times while down at his place when we were still in High School but I hunted with my 308 Savage or my pre 63 Lever Winchester 30/30.

If you want to shoot antiques often, you would be advised to make your own ammo.

This rifle has a bad rep for accuracy issues.  I don't know much about em but the sight picture is not the same as most other rifles ever made.  This is 3/4 of the accuracy issue I think -- the itallians had a different sight picture concept.  I don't recall more about this, maybe someone here or on gunboards can explain it.  Actually you would do well to look on gunboards for general info on your rifle, so many experts there, and thanks to oswald, the gun gets some attention.