R.K. Shows @ the 'Boro

Noticed there are no future shows listed for the 'boro. Anyone know what's up?

Maybe having issues with the owners again? This has been an on again/off again thing in the past.

Hate to lose this one. Only decent show in the area.

• Like 1

Went to last one there and it was moved into the back corner of building with no air because a retail store moved into the

original part. Talked to promoters people and they said not only were they unhappy so were all the dealers. Said they were

trying to find a permeant location like the old Smyrna location.  The building has to be able to give a min. one year lease or

more allowing 2-6 shows,a large lot allowing plenty of parking,clean,well lit with heat and air working,allow plenty of tables

with room for wide isles and be affordable,within about thirty mile radius of Nashville. No luck so far. 

even if they had more there I wouldn't go back just based on the last show they had

Right about that. The Ag center show started out great, but soon went down the tube. A long drive for very little.

I won't be going back either.

It's a shame and a mystery why a good size venue can't be found in the mid-state area. Hunting season is upon

us & Christmas right around the corner, two usually big show dates. Can't imagine they'll let that slip by.

I've started to consider a Memphis or Knoxville trip.

Even the Louisville or Lexington shows that I've heard about. Might be worth it to see a really big, comparatively, show.

David always says the Knoxville Expo shows are the best.  They for sure are big.

Hmmm. Gotta check calendar...and get the wife's permission.  Well, anyway check the dates.

EDIT  Back with info.

Ok, Nov. 1/2 is out for me. We have a Christmas Craft Fair at McGavock High School then.

But great idea.

Edited by hipower

I refuse to attend the Nashville fairgrounds because I won't pay to park and pay admission. So I guess gun shows are out for me. Haven't seen any great deals at one in a very long time anyway.

The very reason I stopped going, and the fact David my supplier stopped going.

I could make the trip in November, any one else?

Edited by RED333

Myself, like most here, cannot stand the Nashville show. Is it better than nothing? I guess, but not by far. I loved the Franklin show when it first came to town, then it was like night and day, went to crap compared to the first few shows. Loved Hendersonville as well, sure hated to see it go. Had so much room between aisles that even when it was packed you didn't have to smell every armpit in the place. Now the Boro? I always liked that show every time I went! The only problem was the a/c which has been mentioned on here plenty of times so I won't beat a dead horse. But the Ky show, that is something I'd like to see. If everyone decides to run up there next time, I'd be interested in going and checking it out.

I have been to Nashville, Murfreesboro, and Lebanon many times and have staffed a dealer booth at more than a dozen shows in mid TN. I used to like the Nashville show but the parking killed it for me. The Murfreesboro show was by far the best, but last few shows had limited parking and AC issues, so if this continues to decline I may not go back.

It's been a mystery to me why the Lebanon show doesn't do a lot better. It's right next to a major i40 exit, not too far for most mid TN residents, free parking, cheap food, indoor range nearby, pretty cheap for the dealers to sell at, and the fairgrounds have tons of room available if it grows. Yet attendance has often been low to average at best, thus many dealers skip it. I can only assume it's due to poor promotion, but if not that then I have no idea why. Maybe it will pick up if Murfreesboro drops out.

I can't explain all the reasons the Lebanon show is a flop, but partly due to the size of the bldg., aisles sre

so packed, you can't cuss a cat without getting hair in your mouth. Admission there, like the Nashville show,

is too much for the size of the show. Promotion is usually ok in the local area, maybe not elsewhere, don't know.

Plus the % of junk to guns is to high ( as usual ). If i need socks, I'll go to W'mart.

Can't see this show improving, or Goodmans. Hasn't in years, not likey in the future.

I went to Lebanon once and left w a new lower for 50 bucks cause the seller was desperate.
I think if the shows were organized into a family related event they'd see more traffic. The promoters should find a fair priced location, make it attractive and be selective with vendors. They should invite mfg's to some of the bigger shows, and make it educational as well. Partner up w airsoft folks and there would really be traffic.
I know there is a line between air and real but this is about making it something to enjoy and not just tolerate at a price.
One of the reasons I believe these shows are dying is because of greedy promoter forgetting that there are people inside of the building that have paid, and people outside that won't pay because of reasons the promoter won't accept. Promoting any show is not easy. But now that there's little competition let's see where it goes. Hopefully bug zap lady and nazi Junkers will walk, and the shows will get better. Paying 5 bucks to park does suck. They should include it in admission and get dealers to give it back to someone who spends over a certain amount. Like someone said in the past, a gun show is only good for finding a gas block on Sunday. I agree but it'd be fun to go than consider it a neccessary evil. Edited by Dustbuster

Until they can get the bridge replaced, the Williamson County Ag Center will be hard to get to.

That's very true. I know it can be accessed from 840, the Arno Road exit, I think. It's been a while since I ran a parts route there, and I may have the exit wrong.

But even then, it's a long twisty 2 lane to get back to Peytonsville Road.