R.K. Shows @ the 'Boro

I was thinking of going to the show in Franklin on Nov 22-23, but after hearing the complaints on here I am rethinking the trip. So what is so bad about it? I have never been. The last show I went to was in Murfreesboro and I really liked it there. I boycott the Nashville show because of having to pay for parking+admission. Thanks.

I do not know if the bridge is finished yet in Franklin, it will be hard to get the the site.

Paying to park in Nashville was not a big thing to me, David not being there was the straw on the camel's back.

In order for a show to work, money has to be spent, but we know this.

The Bridge is still under construction. It seem to me the fastest (or maybe simplest) way to get there or get home would be to go 1 extra exit either north which would be exit 65 Hwy 96/ Murfreesboro Rd or 1 extra exit south which is exit 59b to 840 to exit 30 Lewisburg Pk/431 and find a place to turn around. Depening on which way you are coming or going.  (Do not do a uturn) its illegal.

Disclaimer I am not a traffic reporter or Police officer so any directions I have given or driving advice I give should be verified with the proper officials in the field.

The Bridge is still under construction. It seem to me the fastest (or maybe simplest) way to get there or get home would be to go 1 extra exit either north which would be exit 65 Hwy 96/ Murfreesboro Rd or 1 extra exit south which is exit 59b to 840 to exit 30 Lewisburg Pk/431 and find a place to turn around. Depening on which way you are coming or going.  (Do not do a uturn) its illegal.

Disclaimer I am not a traffic reporter or Police officer so any directions I have given or driving advice I give should be verified with the proper officials in the field.

I was thinking along the same lines. I used to run a sales route thru Franklin/Columbia. The 840 exit, then east towards Murfreesboro. I don't remember the exit number off 840 though. It's a little out of the way, but can be done. If you are determined to get to the Ag Center.

Fastest way going south on I/65 would certainly be taking the 840 exit west towards Dickson. Then take the first exit (Hwy 431) and when the exit curves around just keep going right which will put you right back on 840 east (no need to do a U-turn anywhere). Then just stay in the lane that the on ramp puts you in and it will put you back on I/65 north. Take the Peytonsville Rd exit and follow the signs/traffic to the ag center.

Going home from the Ag Center if you live north is simply getting back on I/65 N. If you live south, it is a bit more complicated. To go south you can either take I/65 North up to Hwy 96, make a left ,and then get back on i/65 S. Or take Peytonsville Rd east from the Ag Center and follow it until it T's right near 840. Then take 840 back west towards 65 south.

If you are coming South on i/65 it will only take you 5 min longer than normal to get there. Edited by Hozzie

Calsonic arena here in Shelbyville is nice and has plenty of parking why don't the show promotors look into this for there future venues

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk Pro

To far off the interstate.

Fastest way going south on I/65 would certainly be taking the 840 exit west towards Dickson. Then take the first exit (Hwy 431) and when the exit curves around just keep going right which will put you right back on 840 east (no need to do a U-turn anywhere). Then just stay in the lane that the on ramp puts you in and it will put you back on I/65 north. Take the Peytonsville Rd exit and follow the signs/traffic to the ag center.

Going home from the Ag Center if you live north is simply getting back on I/65 N. If you live south, it is a bit more complicated. To go south you can either take I/65 North up to Hwy 96, make a left ,and then get back on i/65 S. Or take Peytonsville Rd east from the Ag Center and follow it until it T's right near 840. Then take 840 back west towards 65 south.

If you are coming South on i/65 it will only take you 5 min longer than normal to get there.

Thanks for clarifying that for us all. It's been quite a while since I was in that area, and really didn't remember the correct route.

Talking to a few folks that live near that exit and they said getting in at 9 AM would not be much of a problem but leaving the

show will be brutal unless they have a traffic cop at exit to get back onto main road from Expo Center. The State just said

they halted construction on and off because of cold weather and are now hoping to have bridge open by Thanksgiving Day.

I sat at a table for a few hours last Franklin Show and we seen about fifteen people come in,it was bad because it was a good

show at one time. It looks like the large shows are over in the Nashville area unless a promoter can start one at a nice central

location that has lighting,heat/air,&parking. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...