luvmyberetta

Is Chattanooga Carry Friendly?

First TN pav:

This IS posted.  There is one of those inverted V signs that fold up saying no drugs, guns (weapons maybe?),  etc.  This is at the entrance to the whole area, not the pavilion proper, on the road/walk in area near the parking lots where you have to go to enter or leave the "area"

Edited by Jonnin

I guess it is a moot point now, but under the old law, I would argue that would not be sufficient posting.

I've been trying to find out about the Chattanooga Convention Center. I've read some old posts from 2014 that said it wasn't posted and there were no metal detectors so basically no one would know if you carry concealed.  Looking for any updates on that if anyone has newer information. TIA

I never saw any signs when I went there at Christmas last year (or any previous year)  It also has a lot of major entrances they would need to post, if they were to do so.  

Thought I would update as we spent some time down in Chattanooga this weekend.

The aquarium is lawfully posted with signs prohibiting carry.  There are two buildings and the entrance doors to both had appropriate signage.  They were sliding doors however, and if the doors were open, the signs were very much obscured by other signage.  There were no metal detectors at the entrances.  

Consistent with what was mentioned above in the thread, Rock City was not posted at all.  

On 2/14/2018 at 11:59 PM, KenH said:

I've been trying to find out about the Chattanooga Convention Center. I've read some old posts from 2014 that said it wasn't posted and there were no metal detectors so basically no one would know if you carry concealed.  Looking for any updates on that if anyone has newer information. TIA

I have never seen any signs,years ago they used to have gun shows there.

On 10/6/2014 at 10:15 PM, rn29306 said:

I live here and would suggest the above posters that 'concealed means concealed' in regards to downtown Chattanooga. Yes we did just have a 69 year old jogger sexually assaulted by a 17 year old juvie in the early morning the DAY AFTER the Chattanooga Ironman and in what is considered a 'decent' place just on the other side of the river from the Aquarium. 

A poster above mentioned the water steps and this is the one time I had hand on handle and ready to present. It was summertime and a gang of 'youths' came running down the steps. My wife and I stepped to the side with blue lights flashing up top and they were evading. The downtown police have armored Segways and ride them around downtown if that tells you anything and that cop lit them up. It was unnerving as hell and also the last time I carried a Ruger LCP. 

Coolidge Park has gotten a major lighting upgrade and there is usually a police presence on the walking bridge. I would not be caught on the public transport in Chattanooga, even on a Sunday at lunchtime but that's just me. Parking ain't that bad to have to resort to that man.

If you are going downtown, a good place to park is the garage near the climbing gym. Its close and not too expensive and if you stay late, they shut the payment booth down and open the exit gate. 

If you have any questions about some better places than the usual tourist traps to go, feel free to ask away. A couple years ago we had a crime assessment done and it was not cheap. It was not exactly favorable and the city immediately discredited it. Funny how that works. 

Most dangerous thing I ever saw in the Passage (water steps) was some guy flopping around in the pool at the bottom with a colostomy bag.😡