Duracoated myself

I have done duracoating before and sometimes it turns out great and other times not so much :yuck:  It is also a good bit of work in prep and setup etc. therefore I was trying to find someone locally to do mine with a Good rep and good prices but really had no luck 

So I went ahead and bought the DuraCoat EasyWay Camo Kit (Urban MirageFlage) from Amazon and it came with everything needed

Beleive it or not stencils are pretty High priced and this kit comes with a huge stack of them

Also I use an airbrush instead of the sprayer so was able to keep a lot of the paint after this Job and still have a full bottle of black unopened I will use on a different Gun later.

it came with 

4 bottles of paint 

stencils

spray cleaner/degreaser

cheap brillo type pad

bottle of hardener 

large bottle of reducer

spray can kit

ALL in all the purchase was a great buy seeing as I can still do at least 1 if not a few more guns with what I have left

anyways below is the finished gun with The duracoat and my grip tape added  "Love that stuff"

59d974.png

e62dc1.png

83af6c.png

I'm with the other guys on interpretation of the title as well.

But dang it. The job looks great.

Except for the grip tape on the slide. Yeah...I know, it's probably necessary. Or just your choice.

But like the cubist job anyway.

• Like 1

I'm with the other guys on interpretation of the title as well.

But dang it. The job looks great.

Except for the grip tape on the slide. Yeah...I know, it's probably necessary. Or just your choice.

But like the cubist job anyway.

Yeah man this XD has been the absolute worst with swetty hands on a hot day at the range the grip tape is a must 

The new XDMs and XDS's not so much , I also have an M&P 357 Sig and don't need it with that either but the XD is just slippery sometimes so I started using grip tape and after Painting it It is still just as slippery if not moreso So the Tape went back on

Very nice, but from title, "Duracoated Myself",  I expected to see something like this:

g.i.-safari-camouflage-skin-suit-costume

- OS

I was thinking a spray on tan might be a little less permanent but who am I to judge...

I have one of those kits with slightly different stencils waiting on me to finish my 308 sbr build. I need to get that thing done and clean up my work area for a while...

I think it looks great, Mark

• Like 1

When I did my research on coatings, I thought I read that duracoat takes 30 days to be 100% cured, but is dry to touch in hours.  Is this true? 

I too did a coating job about 2 years ago, it was a blast.  Need to do another one!

This is from their website int he FAQ section.

When is DuraCoat fully cured? 
DuraCoat is dry to the touch in 20 minutes, can be handled in 1 hour and is ready for use overnight. Although DuraCoat will gain most of its final hardness, elasticity and chemical resistance over a 4-6 week period, time will continue to enhance DuraCoat's characteristics over a lifetime. DuraCoat, like fine wine, gets better with age. As we say, "DuraCoat wears in, not out."