Bud's Grand Opening ..........Oct ..17-19

Bud's is having a BIG to do .....17-19 Oct. GRAND OPENING.  They will be giving away door prizes and other free things.....FEDERAL ammo .....will be there....Beretta will be there.....see ya'all ....bring money. That is the Bud's in Sevierville!

Edited by Ron_TN
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there for a while in the  late afternoon and guess I missed all the aforementioned good stuff.

But it's an impressive store. Layout reminds me of The Armory here in Nashville, but the amount of guns is absolutely amazing. About 2/3 times as big.

I walked in lookin at the cases and didn't even look up for a few minutes...then literally stopped and stared. Wish I'd thought to take a pic.

Quite literally...100's of pistols hanging on the walls. It was just too much to comprehend while wading thru all the people.

Guess opening weekend and Sunday afternoon in the Sevierville/Gatlinburg traffic caused it. We didn't stay too long.

Is this part of Bud's Guns out KY?

Yes & no. It's a privately run franchise store & even has a seperate website. Prices & stock will be different than the KY store. It's basically just a regular gun store with the Bud's name.

Bud's, KY aka "The Gun Warehouse" ... http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php

Bud's, Sevierville aka "Bud's Gun Shop & Range" ... http://www.budsgunshoptn.com/

Edited by luvmyberetta

Next question,will we now have to pay sales tax on items ordered through Buds/KY Store as they have a TN location?

May have to contact KY store for this.

Has been answered many times = no. (at least, so far).

Can confirm it yourself by going through checkout without clicking last confirmation of order.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • 1 year later...

Bud's is a nice facility --- lot of long guns also that you can look at hold operate mechanism with no supervision (not so sure that is good policy, but I like to do it). :-) Prices OK I guess (it pays to shop) - sometimes a special going on.

I was looking at Ruger 22 (SR22 Model). Ended up buying at Knifeworks for $30 less and got an extra clip (one more than the two that come with the gun). Some reason Knifeworks had a special from Ruger that day.    

Shooting Ranges are all too expensive for me --- think Bud's is like $20 an hour and another $10 to share a stall. They do have a Sevier County Day (Wednesday) that is $7 for 1/2 hour and extra $4 to share = $11. And, $12 for hour and $7 extra to share = $19. That is the cheapest you can shoot. 

Normally, I do not want to shoot for an hour or even 1/2 hour continuously. Probably maximum of 50 rounds and more like 20 or 30 rounds. 

Most times I prefer to go to a public range (Like Bubbling Spring) - Put $2 in envelope ($1 with Golden Eagle Pass) and shoot as long and as slow as you like. I even take my BB pistol and rifle (cheap shooting).  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Trip Advisor was created so whiny puss bags can verbally attack a business from afar without repercussions. This is not a vote FOR or AGAINST Buds and the quality of their establishment, just a PSA :)

I put zero stock in online reviews.

Trip Advisor was created so whiny puss bags can verbally attack a business from afar without repercussions. This is not a vote FOR or AGAINST Buds and the quality of their establishment, just a PSA :)

Say what you want, but I have found Trip Advisor to be a good tool at times.  Like every other review site, it can be falsely misleading.  You have to be smart enough to weed through the crap and find the useful reviews.  There are internet cowboys everywhere you turn  ...

Say what you want, but I have found Trip Advisor to be a good tool at times. Like every other review site, it can be falsely misleading. You have to be smart enough to weed through the crap and find the useful reviews. There are internet cowboys everywhere you turn ...

I'll agree that there are plenty of "tools" on that site, but that's about it,lol.

I'll agree that there are plenty of "tools" on that site, but that's about it,lol.

I'll have to remember for future reference that your opinion trumps anyone else's.

It's just like any other site .... including this one.  You have to read through the content and decide for yourself what is useful.   You must own something that received a bad review over there, lol.

Edited by Hidalgo

I'll have to remember for future reference that your opinion trumps anyone else's.

It's just like any other site .... including this one. You have to read through the content and decide for yourself what is useful. You must own something that received a bad review over there, lol.

As long as you're clear on that first part ;)