princeshoko

question: lynchburg TN

When I was there in march it was not legally posted at the doors, but "no weapons" is clearly in the rules on the counter where you sign in for the tour.

When I was there in march it was not legally posted at the doors, but "no weapons" is clearly in the rules on the counter where you sign in for the tour.

That sign in paper won't hold up.

If the sign at the door is not a legal posting, you can not be charged criminally. Law clearly states that the entrance must be legally posted.

Worst they could do is ask you to leave.

That sign in paper won't hold up.

If the sign at the door is not a legal posting, you can not be charged criminally. Law clearly states that the entrance must be legally posted.

Worst they could do is ask you to leave.

"Everybody" says that, however the law does not state that non-compliant signage exempts you from arrest and prosecution. No case law on that as yet.

- OS

Thanks for the info guys!!

Well I went today and I carried  I can say for sure No door is posted,  the parking lot is NOT posted. The road is NOT posted.  I was ready to leave if I seen a sign and I was looking hard. 

And I would have no idea about the desk as I never sign in as I just visit and go to the Squire room and hang out. 

Also from everything I read I would feel safe to carry with no fear of arrest untill such time as they post a sign on the door or parking lot.

As Oh Shoot says tho,  cops can arrest you for anything up to and including they didn't get hugged enough as a kid. 

Im with Jh225 on this. 

And I can always be asked to leave and i'd be gone in a heartbeat.      

cops can arrest you for anything up to and including they didn't get hugged enough as a kid. 

:ignore:

Visited The Squire House earlier today for bottle signing and then hit the White Rabbit (yeah, I know that was backwards). Sign in parking lot says “No Weapons”. No door I saw had a TN legal notice. I suspect they are purposely NOT doing the legal posting. Don’t open carry and you should be fine.

BTDT.  I'm so used to having a pistol in my pocket, I can't remember whether it was posted or not and whether I carried or not.  

However, if nothing happens,  nothing happens.  If it does, you'll be glad to have the defensive capability.  Many others will be glad, too. 

49 minutes ago, chances R said:

Is there sampling of the product?

Nope. Moore county is technically a dry county as it does not allow liquor by the drink (LBD) sales. 

17 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

Nope. Moore county is technically a dry county as it does not allow liquor by the drink (LBD) sales. 

Actually, yes there is a tasting room, the only legal place to drink.  You have to take the tour, the $20 something one.  You get to do tasting of like 6 or so varieties.

13 minutes ago, Omega said:

Actually, yes there is a tasting room, the only legal place to drink.  You have to take the tour, the $20 something one.  You get to do tasting of like 6 or so varieties.

I stand corrected. I was unaware of this fact. Thank you. 

49 minutes ago, Omega said:

So PSA....most everyone knows that not one sip is allowed while carrying.  Best store gun in trunk, or unloaded and out of reach if within passenger compartment.