Local Gun Store

none

Since 9hr each way is a bit much to drive back to my favorite gun store Jerry's Gun store in Indiana. I want to pick up A new Mini 30. Seems like no one has them in stock. Seems like prices seem to be anywhere from $125 to $150 over on line prices. I don't mind paying a little extra to buy at a store and some seem to offer warranties but with a Ruger that really is not a perk since Ruger has always stood behind their products.

So where is the best place to buy around here? For me Gander Mountain is out too prcey. Academy Sports seems to have fair pricec but they don't carry the Mini 30.

IDEAS?

Check with Whittaker's guns up in KY. Here's the link to their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/whittakerguns . They have the largest selection of rifles of any dealer I can think of with 5-6 hours of here and depending on where you are located in Wilson county they may only be about 3 hours or so from you. Everyone I've dealt with up there has been really nice. If you get on their FB page and ask if they have any mini 30's they usually get back with you in a reasonable amount of timebut you could also try calling them if you want a quicker response.

• Like 2

Order one from Buds, have it shipped to a FFL, pay transfer, walk out door. Done.

Yup, $710-763 in stock there depending on model. Plus $25 and it's in your hands if you have an FFL like mine.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Order one from Buds, have it shipped to a FFL, pay transfer, walk out door. Done.

I was thinking of going the ffl route just seems kind of odd to so that. Almost seems like taking your own burger to a restraunt and having them cook it for a fee. Seems like the shop I have stopped in at have not wanted to move a dime off their price. Seems like they would negotiate even a little to get the sale. I am sure on retailers are making a profit at their listed prices.

Check with Whittaker's guns up in KY. Here's the link to their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/whittakerguns . They have the largest selection of rifles of any dealer I can think of with 5-6 hours of here and depending on where you are located in Wilson county they may only be about 3 hours or so from you. Everyone I've dealt with up there has been really nice. If you get on their FB page and ask if they have any mini 30's they usually get back with you in a reasonable amount of timebut you could also try calling them if you want a quicker response.

+1 for whitaker's, they're great people to work with.  

I was thinking of going the ffl route just seems kind of odd to so that. Almost seems like taking your own burger to a restraunt and having them cook it for a fee. Seems like the shop I have stopped in at have not wanted to move a dime off their price. Seems like they would negotiate even a little to get the sale. I am sure on retailers are making a profit at their listed prices.

All dealers don’t pay the same price for their guns; the big boys pay less so they can sell for less. But I’ve not had a dealer that had a gun in stock that wouldn’t come close to (or in one case) beats Buds price. Usually I order on-line because the dealers don’t have what I want.

+1 for Guns and Leather Greenbrier. Bought a PS90 there last week and the store manager I dealt with (Daniel?) was very laid back and willing to make a deal. Good selection and nice to be able to negotiate with people who are accustomed to it. Small town atmosphere was nice change from some of the other places I shop

Not wanting to bash anyone so store will remain nameless but stopped in one place Friday afternoon in Nashville was less than impressed prices on used gun were with in 100 of brand new. Guess I am not used to dealing with big box stores where you need to wait 10 minutes before someone asks if you need anything then says hang on while I get this call. Maybe not such an issue in a small store but when there are three employees standing there doing nothing one of them could not have answered the phone. Just turned me right off.

Not wanting to bash anyone so store will remain nameless but stopped in one place Friday afternoon in Nashville was less than impressed prices on used gun were with in 100 of brand new. Guess I am not used to dealing with big box stores where you need to wait 10 minutes before someone asks if you need anything then says hang on while I get this call. Maybe not such an issue in a small store but when there are three employees standing there doing nothing one of them could not have answered the phone. Just turned me right off.

Used guns most everywhere are priced as much or more than new; might as well buy new.
The gun shortage is over; just some folks didn’t get the memo.
I know you weren't at our local gun store they don't answer the phone. biggrin.gif
G&L has treated me right if they had what I wanted.

Now that Bud 's has a brick and mortar store in TN, wouldn't they also be subject to sales tax on Web orders now?

Different corporation iirc.

Yep, so far at least, the way they've structured their business(es), still no tax shipped to TN.

- OS Edited by Oh Shoot

I can beat Bud's price usually 99.9% of the time. The problem is that I can't do anything about our 10% tax rate.

On a online buy, the buyer still has to pay transfer on this end, so if I go to my LGS and they are within a reasonable amount ($35-40) after tax and after factoring in transfer on say a $750 gun, I will buy local and support the business. That usually doesn't happen, but it sometimes still does.

just saying, that's really not beating their price if you're not walking out the door beating there price... my FFL charges me $20 bucks... that's total... so the gun price plus tax would have to be lower to actually beat there price...

Yeah, dealers use MULTIPLE sources for acquiring firearms; RSR, Davidsons, Sport South, Ellett Bros., CSS, etc. Most distributors are pretty close in price, some not so much. Like Davidsons for instance is usually $40-80 higher than the next one down BUT they have lifetime guarantee's on ALL guns regardless of manufacturers warranty, so it's a bit of a trade-off. Buds usually has about a 8-15% mark up, hence their good prices. Volume in their case.