what is your most reliable 45 ?

tercel89

I've never had an issue with any of my 45's, but the one I have the most rounds through & shoot the best is my Beretta 8045 Cougar. Then there's my 8045 Mini Cougar & H&K USP 45. All have been 100% reliable.

072.jpg

8000mini-001_zpsdb9078df.jpg

004-29.jpg

Ahhh I have a soft spot for the Cougar in .45ACP 

Years ago I had a custom Colt built by an Armorer that eveidently knew what he was doing 'cause it would shoot sideways or upside down with no FTF. But I eventually traded it. The P220s have worked fine when I feed 'em decent reloads(read my fault). And I'm starting to have confidence in the 2 Kahrs.

Dan Wesson CBOB

[URL=http://s282.photobucket.com/user/ed32hall/media/IMG_1783.jpg.html]IMG_1783.jpg[/URL]

Sig Sauer P-220s

[URL=http://s282.photobucket.com/user/ed32hall/media/100_1646.jpg.html]100_1646.jpg[/URL]

Edited by ed228
[quote name="MacGyver" post="1200830" timestamp="1413838266"]The Ruger P-series has to be one of the ugliest guns ever made. 

That said, their reliability seems to be inversely proportional to their beauty.  I don't know that I've ever known anyone that's had one that has ever had a single problem.  They seem to run like tops.[/quote][quote name="MacGyver" post="1200830" timestamp="1413838266"]The Ruger P-series has to be one of the ugliest guns ever made. 

Sitting next to a SA. Both are ugly, love my Springfield never any problems. Also a RIA compact (not pretty either but very reliable)

Ruger P90, big, heavy, reliable no matter what, eats anything you feed it, brass, steel, biscuits, will even shoot .44 mag and .50 cal ammo

Okay, maybe a couple of the last ones were a stretch :rofl: , but "tank" tough. Wish I had mine back.

• Like 1

Ruger P90, big, heavy, reliable no matter what, eats anything you feed it, brass, steel, biscuits, will even shoot .44 mag and .50 cal ammo

Okay, maybe a couple of the last ones were a stretch :rofl: , but "tank" tough. Wish I had mine back.

Yes, the P Series pistols are beginning to make a comeback with both older and new shooters looking for a dependable platform.

But man...they sure rival Hipoints in the looks department.

• Like 2
It interesting that whenever a "best pistol" discussion arises, regardless of caliber a HPA product gets promoted. For all of us who'd sooner not be associated with them people do buy them. In droves no less and with a fan support base far beyond expectation. HPA took what initially started out as a less than reliable pistol that they proved QC processed could make it work reliably. Larger gun companies should really focus on how HPA made themselves a success story.
I shot USPSA and IDPA as well as an outlaw monthly match through the 90s and mid 2000s ,I put 10s of thousands of .45 through 3 different guns.The only one I never had a problem with was a Para Ord P14 Limited.A Springfield Loaded 1911 was 100% with 8 rd mags but couldn't go 3 rds without a FTF with 10rd mags.A Gen 2 Glock 21 was the least reliable of the 3,it had several FTF over the years however in its defense it was with reloads BUT!!! those were the same reloads that worked on the 2 aforementioned 1911s,so much for Glock perfection.