Gun Turn Offs

DWARREN123

Snobs at the gun range that have $15k+ custom built suppressed rifle with $4k S&B on top sit there and hate on your rifle in a conversation.

Blahh blahh... Had a Brand X and a Brand X in X caliber is a POS blahh blahh.

Seriously had that happen to me one day.

It's a great way to make friends. [emoji107]

This. Also the guy with his "custom built sniper rifle" shooting factory ammo and getting 3" groups at 100 yards. Who corrects you on how you shoot.
  • Like 3

Guys that inherit their grandpappys Garand/1911/whatever and immediately turn around and want to hock it.

I would have to disagree with you there, 'hocking' it may be the best thing that happens to that gun.  I know plenty of people that can appreciate sentimental value between a stranger and his gun more so than a family member that can.

Perfect example is my dad and an old .38 J frame that belonged to my grandpa.  Dad made it sound like that was the most important thing in the world, but whenever he needed some beer, guess what the first thing to go to the pawn shop or someone else in the family was?  Luckily it ended up with my brother and won't need to be tracked down anymore.

I'll use a separate post to call anything zombie related a gun turn off for me.  I hope those who bought something with that, or added it themselves in a permanent way didn't hope for resale value to be the same as a non-zombie gun would be.

Actually, it seems that a lot of these guy think it makes them worth more. Sad.

• Like 1

Saw a guy oc'ing a small (26/27) Glock in an ol' floppy ass nylon holster at walmart. I sure hope it wasn't chambered. Even with pistols with a manual saftey I hate nylons. My very first holster was a nylon but after I "jumped into" the gun world I quickly saw the light.

I have seen this same thing lol guy at walmart open carrying something (was flopping around so much i couldn't get a good look at it...) belt was sagging, cheap nylon holster, gun flapping around like an injured bird...

I may not have an expensive belt...but it works, my holsters on the other hand I don't skimp on

Highly Custom Glocks.

oddglock_zps98fde9f9.jpg

what the hell is that? no trigger guard?! someone got happy with a  dremel looks like...and whats up with those mags "oh ya i painted the part that, YOU DON'T SEE!"  OK I've got it... this guy is huge! :yum: his bugger picker wouldn't fit in the trigger guard... that's where he held the magazines to paint them... oh, and that has to be a cankle holster... :panic:

Seen it at least twice.  "see-thru mounts."

Just to confirm, you mean the scope mounts that allow you to use the iron sights or the scope right?

Sorry at least on my deer rifle I prefer them.  Scope is set at 300 yards, but if I get one in like 50 yards I am going iron.

I don't like scopes almost flat with the barrel, doesn't look right to me, but then again I have had the see thru on that rifle since I was 10.

http://images1.opticsplanet.com/365-240-ffffff/opplanet-millett-see-thru-scope-mounts-3.jpg

Yep, these lads. They're just as goofy as hell. Every single levergun I've bought came with a set & not one of 'em let's me get any form of cheek weld.
I can kinda see it on a gun that's sighted for 300, ish.
But on a hundred yard rifle? Unnecessary.

Actually, I really can't think of any caliber that would be off by more than a couple of inches at 50, if it was sighted for 300.....