Tullahoma, TN, is there anything interesting to do there?

vontar

I might be in Tullahoma, TN in a few weeks and wondering what there is to do there?

1.  I do plan to drive on down to Winchester to go to Hero Gear to buy some T-Shirts

2.  I do plan to drive over to lLynchburg since I will be so close.

Is there anything I should make sure to not miss in Tullahoma, will probably be there for 2 nights.  (depends if I get time off at work in time for the trip).

Any places bars/pubs with live music (country)?

Any idea why Hero Gear closed?

If i had to guess id say, horrible customer service. It really went downhill when Joe got out of it, I went once after, but swore I wouldn't go back.

Anybody know if Jeff the 1911 smith from there is still doing 1911s from somewhere else?

Yea, I remember when Joe left or sold it (something).

I have been there once since, bit of a drive for me and honesty I can get anything there closer to home except the T-shirts.  But not going to make a special trip for them but since I plan to be in the general area.

just read this on Hero Gears FB.

Hero Gear Thank you for the support! Apparently Citizens Community Bank pulled the trigger before thinking...we will be closed until at least October 31st when we go for a new hearing. This is most definitely a temporary matter and apologize for any inconvenience !!

Now I am wondering what happened.

Hoselton Ventures is a pretty neat store to visit, with a pistol range if you're feeling that way inclined.

London's bar for the best lunchtime burgers around.

Celtic Cup cafe if you want a great cuppa joe & homemade cakes & scones in a really nice atmosphere.

There are some really nice trails to walk around Tim's Ford state park, from a swift half mile to a full 15 miler. The woods are stunning at this time of year too.

The drive in cinema's a good way to kill a few night hours.
  • Like 2

Old Shed Brewing Company is on the road to Manchester. They have an excellent IPA they call Southern Pale Ale.

George Dickell Distillery has tours but nothing as fancy as Jack Daniels.

Hero Gear is currently closed.

The Southern Pale isn't an IPA, but he does make an excellent IPA.

Celtic Cup cafe if you want a great cuppa joe & homemade cakes & scones in a really nice atmosphere.

Gotta agree with you there... one of my bands plays there on a regular basis... good food/drink and a very laid back atmosphere. The proprietors, Chris & Denise are really nice folks too.

Edited by tartanphantom
  • Like 1

When I was a teenager growing up in the Shelbyville/Tullahoma area, I'd have told you that either one is the place to move to if you find out you only have 6 months to live, because every day feels like a freakin' eternity (kind of like Hickory, NC). Now that I'm old, the list sounds pretty good to me.

If I had a dollar for every time I jumped off that bridge over Normandy lake, I could buy us all a round of drinks at one of those cool places on the list....ah, good times.

• Like 1

And I was just in Oak Ridge this past weekend. ( There's definately more to do there than in Tullahoma).

The afore mentioned places to go in and around Tullahoma are a good start though.

I wish Tullahoma had it's own gun store, aside from a pawn shop, there really isn't much choices unless you consider Dunham's. Makes me wonder what happened to the Chi-Rho firearms place we had.

I'll check Hero gear from time to time( when i'm not working and in Winchester). But the pawn shop just down the road from HeroGear seems to have pretty good pricing and selection to be competitive with Herogear.