300 BO pistol build. Suppressor?

I am currently waiting on a form 1 stamp to arrive so I can build a can to complete my 300blk project. 10.5" barrel and the can will be integral to get around having to SBR. I plan to make a 8"x1.5" monocore with a thread on sleeve and weld it to the barrel.  All stainless. Similar to the Sig Sauer MPX design. While the monocore isn't quite as efficient as baffles, it will provide me a solid piece attached to meet minimum length requirements. Besides, it will only see subs and should have enough internal volume to hush them nicely.

Want me to add you to a conversation I am having with a couple of people about homebuilt freeze plug cans? I laid out all the parts, where to buy and it should be really cheap. It is also a 100% stainless can which means you can use coolant to really take the bark out of anything you shoot.

Could you please either add me to that conversation, or at least post about the parts and where to buy. This is very interesting to me. Thank you

6484D019-F4C7-4C09-A3B9-CC007537D92B_zps

Noveske 8.2 inch 300 blk.  

YHM Phantom 308 QD.  

It works.  Really well.  REALLY well. 

This is my sister shooting that setup with Gemtech 220 grain subs.  The guy standing up is shooting a 5.56 and the guy at the end is shooting a 22lr.  So if you pay attention, you can hear the difference of the three.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVeWNQYBNGM

Nifty. Hey, what is the overhead structure on telephone poles?

- OS

• 1 year later...
Hahaha....

I was googling some info about silencers and 300BO, and I found a result that looked interesting. I clicked it, and what do you know... it's this thread I started a couple years ago that I forgot about. Lol Edited by Wingshooter
  • Like 2

Hahaha....
I was googling some info about silencers and 300BO, and I found a result that looked interesting. I clicked it, and what do you know... it's this thread I started a couple years ago that I forgot about. Lol

Which direction did you end up going? Or are you still deciding? I'm looking at my first suppressor now that I finally got my sbr stamp in.

Which direction did you end up going? Or are you still deciding? I'm looking at my first suppressor now that I finally got my sbr stamp in.

I just got my trust recently, so I'm about to order one. I'm leaning YHM Phantom Ti 7.62 QD or their ULT model. The ACC SDN6 is also very tempting, but I prefer the YHM QD mounting system. Those are the ones I have found in stock. The Phantom Ti is slightly larger but rated to 300WM. The other two are rated to 308. I would get the ULT, but I have a 30-06 I thought about threading. Just trying to decide if it's even worth it to suppress 30-06. This is primarily for my 300bo anyway
  • Like 1
I have been hearing great things about Dead Air silencers but it is hard to beat SilencerCo's performance AND their customer service. I bet you could run a SilencerCo silencer over with a tank and they would replace it. I see them everyday taking care of customers even when it is 100% the customer's fault. That alone is worth it.
  • Like 1

I have been hearing great things about Dead Air silencers but it is hard to beat SilencerCo's performance AND their customer service. I bet you could run a SilencerCo silencer over with a tank and they would replace it. I see them everyday taking care of customers even when it is 100% the customer's fault. That alone is worth it.

The Dead Air Sandman L is the one I'm probably going with.
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Griffin has too many cans I want. The new Alpha looks good also.

I think I'm leaning towards Griffin Recce7 or the Optimus. I just wonder if the Optimus is a jack of all but master of none :shrug: it sounds good on the video though. I can't find either in stock, so I'm stuck looking at the pics on the web for now, lol.

I haven't seen the Alpha yet. I'll have to look into that one also