Beretta 92S Italian Police Deal

runco

Got an email from these folks, great deal on used Italian police trade in Beretta 92S @$297.00.  Be warned due to the mag release button, 92FS or M9 mags may not work with out the notch.

Link to the deal:

http://www.topgunsupply.com/beretta-model-92-s-italian-police-imports.html

[URL=http://s963.photobucket.com/user/runco0318/media/Beretta92S_zpsfddde660.jpg.html]Beretta92S_zpsfddde660.jpg[/URL]

I admit I did not know anything about 92S, this is what I found:

In order to meet requirements of some law enforcement agencies, Beretta modified the Beretta 92 by adding a slide-mounted combined safety and decocking lever, replacing the frame mounted manual thumb safety. This resulted in the 92S which was adopted by several Italian law enforcement and military units. The later relocation of the magazine release button means these models (92 & 92S) cannot necessarily use later magazines, unless they have notches in both areas.

Data source:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_92

• Like 3

Just a note: current 92FS and M9 also have the safety/decocker in slide, though of course do not have the mag release in that location in bottom of grip.

And yes, current factory 92 mags do have both cutouts so would work in this model also. However, USGI contract mags do not have the bottom cutout, or at least the ones I have don't.

Seems like a good buy, new 92FS always runs around $575 in hand at the least.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Palmetto just beat that price by a few bucks.

Sir, you are correct.  I usually get an email or a facebook anouncement on deals there too, here is the link and ad:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/18370/s/beretta-92s-italian-police-trade-in-s-9mm/

[URL=http://s963.photobucket.com/user/runco0318/media/PSABERETTA_zpsf2073a8b.jpg.html]PSABERETTA_zpsf2073a8b.jpg[/URL]

Classic Firearms now has these too...$299.99 plus $20 handpick. They have a video opening a shipping crate and then opening a sampling of about 5 random pistols in their boxes. They all look very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by LCPfraTN
  • 3 weeks later...
Well, I received the one that I ordered from Classic Firearms, and I'm wishing that I had paid the $20 for hand select. The finish is probably 40-50% gone with almost complete loss of finish at the front and back of the grip frame. It seems to be in mechanically good condition, but I haven't been able to shoot it yet. Hopefully it will still be a good shooter...just wish it looked a little better. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, I received the one that I ordered from Classic Firearms, and I'm wishing that I had paid the $20 for hand select. The finish is probably 40-50% gone with almost complete loss of finish at the front and back of the grip frame. It seems to be in mechanically good condition, but I haven't been able to shoot it yet. Hopefully it will still be a good shooter...just wish it looked a little better. [emoji22]

I probably wouldn't have bit if I much cared what it looks like. And maybe these are the bottom of barrel cosmetically for all I know.

- OS

Got my mitts on it today. Much nicer than expected, looks much better in normal illumination than in photo under my  bright unforgiving lights. Barrel looks like new on inside to me, serial match with frame,

Was gonna run by and shoot a few quick mags, but TICS took frigging 45 min, ran out of daylight. Assuming no probs with shooting, certainly one of my best buck for bang scores ever. Now I just need to learn to shoot the dang 92s as well as I do my XDs. :)

Beretta92S.jpg

- OS

Wow that's a beauty Mac. At $259 you practically stole it. With some new grips it would look awesome.

Meh, will probably just leave it alone, a true service weapon. Without very much service from the poliziotto who carried it apparently. ;)

Already have a purdy one that will suffice for that. :)

- OS

Got in a little 100 round or so session with it today, ran like a fine Swiss Italian watch as expected. ;)

Even mixed in steel rounds with shorter OAL which I like to do to see how forgiving that sort of thing is, all fine. And I naturally shot it a  bit closer to vertical center than my FS models which I tend to shoot low -- I note that front sight is a bit lower on this heater, maybe that's a good thing and I ought to do it with the others!

Still tend to shade to the left though,  but that's me I'm sure. Main thing about 92 sights is that front center post doesn't completely fill the gap of the rear sight gap, so there's "room to be wrong", plus my errors are almost always to left with most handguns, some faulty trigger pull technique I've never been able to consistently overcome.

- OS