What is the best IWB Holster?

Guest duprenix

I have a sack full of IWB holsters. I really like my N82. It's so darned comfortable. I also have some Crossbreeds I like. I must confess that I still use my Uncle MIkes sometimes for my Chief's Special. I'm no holster snob but a fine handcrafted leather holster is the supreme IWB to me.

I too like the N82 Tactical and also have 3 from High Noon

I'm warming up to my Alien Gear IWB 2.0 after the initial disappointment with it.  It took a few weeks of adjusting it every which way but loose, but I finally have it comfortable enough to be okay with.  Their price was quite nice compared to the other options of similar design and I especially like that they use neoprene on the side that is against the body, since I don't wear a tucked in undershirt unless I'm in formal wear.  I would recommend it for trying with the guarantee they offer.

I also have a Vega suede holster that serves the purpose quite well.  Simple and to the point I use it for my need to loose some weight jeans since the Alien Gear tends to be a bit bulkier.

http://www.vegaholster.com/prodotto/303/inside-suede-belt-holster

Edited by btq96r
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got a hybrid holster from a local guy I seen advertise on Campbell Yardsales, BHO Holsters.  I went to their workshop and he let me try on the holster to see if it would work for me, then built mine as I waited.  I opted for the leather lined kydex which cost me $65 and I must say its comfortable and much better looking than the crossbreed with thicker leather and kydex.  I had it made for my xd-40 sub, but I may go back and get one for my G23 too.  Now for a good belt.

I don't carry IWB very often, but when I do it's with a homemade Crossbreed knockoff. For a while I was making one or two a week for friends, co-workers, and I almost always included one for free when I traded or sold a gun. Alien Gear ruined that for me. My cost for materials/hardware alone is close to their selling price. When I run out of material, I'll just buy theirs instead of making my own and save myself the time and money.

Edit: I know they buy their materials and hardware in bulk, but I still don't see how they are making any money unless they sell hundreds of these things every week.

Edited by BigK
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been using my IWB from Prepared Solutions for a month or so now. It has replaced my Crossbreed for EDC use. It's comfortable and light weight. Combine those with the ease of taking it on and off and I've been really impressed with the holster.

Another thing that I really liked about them is that you can pick your own colors and or design. They have more options than any other Kydex shop that I've run across. They are a veteran owned business and do top quality work. With them being local to Knoxville it was easy to run by and pick up my order and avoid shipping too! If any of you guys are looking at Kydex options, I would highly recommend them.

Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/preparedsolutions?refid=13

I'm using the Sampson and really like it so far.
91e26d8cdb84c8b47492a3f9cb284da8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by GhostRecon21

I don't care for metal or kydex clips, but hard to find one that uses leather loops that still sits low enough, but this excellent TT Gunleather design does:

- OS

Other than you not liking metal clips is that made as well as your D.M. Bullard?