Adios Facebook

jacob

I must admit that I'm addicted to Facebook. I use it to stay in touch with friends and family, to include some of my TGO brothers. I make it clear from the get go, that game request are not accepted. Plus I have a few other little pet peeves.

Dave

If you have grown children that are scattered all over the US and sometimes the world, FB can be a godsend.

When I was deployed many moons ago the best I could hope for was the occasional letter and maybe spot in the MARS radio line to keep up with what was going on at home.

FB is a family thing for me for better or worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by rocketman
  • Like 2

If you have grown children that are scattered all over the US and sometimes the world, FB can be a godsend.

When I was deployed many moons ago the best I could hope for was the occasional letter and maybe spot in the MARS radio line to keep up with what was going on at home.

FB is a family thing for me for better or worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it works out for you in that regard, great. My family unfortunately isnt close knit anymore so I isnt a loss for me in that regard...

I am very active on FB.. all my relatives are still in Germany and I like to keep in touch with them.Its easy this way.Even Gus has its own page..Its entertaining and keeps me up with all my friends.I also belong to many pages because of Tack swap and horses for sale... keeps me busy perusing  and buying/trading/selling horsetack..

I was on facebook for a short stint. My list for quitting was anything but short

1.)Too many stupid opinions/political views. I lack the discipline to overlook it......

2.)I don't care what you had for lunch

3.)You don't have to say TGIF every Friday

4.)I do not want to play mafia wars

5.)I do not care which sex in the city girl you're most like

6.)I don't want to change my security settings over and over in order for you to NOT give away my info

7.)You're probably giving away my info anyways.....

8.)I had over 200 friends.... 5 of which I spoke to on a regular basis.

Facebook has been, for me:

...2) a great place for getting the price I want for firearms. Folks don't hover like vultures waiting for death there."

Hey...wait a minute. I don't hover. I pounce. Like a Lion on a Gazelle. LOL Edited by hipower
  • Like 2
I'm really seriously thinking about ditching it. Recently the trend of people getting trashed by faceless numb nuts across the globe bugs me. Young girls and others getting put down, told they should be killed, tortured etc for hunting pics or gun pics or conservative political views or Christianity and the like have soured me.

If I don't delete it then I think I may unfriend everyone but my wife, mom, sister, and brother.
It's on it's way out and I want to be on the cutting edge.