Republican Wave

runco

I've been watching a movie, but now enjoying watching MSNBC trying to find the few bright spots and hearing the excuses.

Joni Ernest, the Iowa Hog Castrater was victorious for US Senate, and the Republican Branstand kept the Governor's seat, good start for the 2016 kickoff, eh?

And Scott Walker held on over all the screaming UnionZeds and other commies in WI!

- OS

• Like 4

Welcome back North Carolina. Hopefully Virgina too, they should give D.C. Fairfax County, it's an all D.C. vote anyway, that one lone county seems to screw everybody in the whole state.

We have to wait till December for Louisana to kick out southener hater Landrieu.

Edited by K191145

Pretty good night for the red team.  Victory might not seem as sweet when the afterglow wears off though.  Now that they are a majority in the Senate, Mitch McConnell and the other establishment Republicans will have to deal with Ted Cruz and the like pulling them farther to the right then they might like.  I will laugh my ass off if Ted Cruz tries to get himself elected Senate Majority Leader.

Then in 2016, Republicans are the party with a lot of seats to defend, during a Presidential cycle.  Sort of the opposite to how this election was handled.  They might only have control of the Senate for two years.

Expect some games of chicken on the federal budget, debt ceiling now that the Republicans are in total control of the legislative branch, but still not strong enough to overcome a veto.  I'm still wondering how many bills the Republican Congress will send for him to veto.

The postmortem on these races will be interesting.  The polling in Georgia, Colorado, Kentucky and Kansas was way off.

Edited by btq96r

So let me get this straight, Mary Landrieu said the south was not very friendly to women and non-whites? I thought Landrieu was a woman, why did she get elected in the first place? Governor Bobby JINDAL? Looks like his ancestors may have been Asian Indian, why did he get elected in the south?

I predict voters will not be very friendly to Landrieu this December, I think the big spoiler was a Tea Party candidate causing the runoff, without him many of his voters will vote against Landrieu, others just wont vote at all.

So let me get this straight, Mary Landrieu said the south was not very friendly to women and non-whites? I thought Landrieu was a woman, why did she get elected in the first place? Governor Bobby JINDAL? Looks like his ancestors may have been Asian Indian, why did he get elected in the south?

I predict voters will not be very friendly to Landrieu this December, I think the big spoiler was a Tea Party candidate causing the runoff, without him many of his voters will vote against Landrieu, others just wont vote at all.

Like I said here, she was just trying to bring out those demographics to avoid the run-off.  It was a long-shot, but didn't hurt to try.

Provided that the supporters of Rob Maness come back out to vote again next month for Bill Cassidy, Landrieu will be moving back into her parents house.  That's the address she used on her candidate filing paperwork.  :) 

Landrieu could still win if Bill Cassidy can't convince his voters go get out and vote again.  That's possible since this election isn't needed to change the balance of power in the Senate anymore and would be the only thing on the ballot.

Edited by btq96r

Maryland elected a Republican Governor. Wow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's neck and neck in Massachusetts between the Republican and Democrat for Governor as well.

That speaks to how horrible Martha Coakley is as a candidate as much as anything else, but Massachusetts has elected Republicans Governor before.  From 1991-2007 they had nothing but Republican Governors. 

My native homeland of West Virginia elected the first ever Woman Senator and the first GOP since the late 60's

I do to know anything about her really but the Dems in the state are losing their minds

That was predicted to be a Republican pick-up way early in the election cycle.  The only reason hope Democrats had of holding it ended when Rockefeller decided to retire at 30 years in the Senate.

That was predicted to be a Republican pick-up way early in the election cycle. The only reason hope Democrats had of holding it ended when Rockefeller decided to retire at 30 years in the Senate.

Regardless it's a huge swing in the historical way WV has voted. It's been dominated by unions and Dems for decades. It's refreshing to see it change. I think there are a lot of people who are afraid they'll have to actually go to work now.
  • Like 2

Regardless it's a huge swing in the historical way WV has voted. It's been dominated by unions and Dems for decades. It's refreshing to see it change. I think there are a lot of people who are afraid they'll have to actually go to work now.

I agree.  The margin of victory shows a big shift, not a possible fluke election.  Joe Manchin has been tacking right due to how big a shift he can see.  The fact that he is doing that four years away from his own re-election campaign means this is a for real trend in WV.

It's also a good argument for term limits.  Imagine how many candidates decided to pass on challenging "a Rockerfeller" and the war chest he had after so many years in the Senate.  This switch could have come 6-12 years ago for all we know.

• Moderators
Well, in this "red wave" the nation succeeded in throwing out a bunch of assholes with a D next to their names and elected a bunch of assholes with an R next to their names.

The status quo remains.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  • Like 17

Like I said here, she was just trying to bring out those demographics to avoid the run-off.  It was a long-shot, but didn't hurt to try.

Provided that the supporters of Rob Maness come back out to vote again next month for Bill Cassidy, Landrieu will be moving back into her parents house.  That's the address she used on her candidate filing paperwork.  :)

Landrieu could still win if Bill Cassidy can't convince his voters go get out and vote again.  That's possible since this election isn't needed to change the balance of power in the Senate anymore and would be the only thing on the ballot.

Rob Maness got 14% of the votes and ran as a Tea party Republican, I would bet there's enough votes to unseat Landrieu, Cassidy wont need that many plus Landrieu wont gain hardly any more votes. If conservatives feel the same way about her as I do, and i'm not from Louisana, then she will finally be sent packing in December. That comment about the south, and we all know she means "white southern males" really shows what a bigoted sanctimonious person she really is, and un-appreciative to her voters. Does she really think she got elected with only black and female votes the first time?