YHM All Stainless Steel Mite - 22 LR?

What do you think of SS Mite suppressor? Is it easily disassembled and a quality suppressor? I have no experience with this or any suppressor, but it's economical price gets my attention. What is your experience, pass or fail? thanks

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one.  And for the price I paid, and my knowledge at the time, I'd do it again.  However, I would steer you in another direction.  

What's the price you can get the SS version for?  I've mostly seen the aluminum one around 200 so based on that, I'd encourage you to upgrade.  A Silencer Warlock II or Spectre II.  They are the same can but the Warlock is aluminum and the Spectre is SS.  Better design and better suppression for not much more money.  

I've found a YHM Mite all SS for around $250. This price seems good when Sparrow's are $200 more. If the SS Mite gets the job done and can be cleaned easily why $200 more for someother can? I don't know much about this can for that is why I'm asking those who have used the YHM cans.

The Mite shows up at the bottom of every list I have ever seen where actual performance is measured. I have never seen it above the bottom 5. The Sparrow is a much better can. You MUST clean a 22 can and there is not an easier can to clean than the Sparrow. The Mite works but it is hardly the best when you are wanting actual performance. And as far as cleaning it is not the best either. The Sparrow is not the best either when it comes to actual performance but it is a lot better than the Mite both in performance and ease of use.

Here are some words by some people who know:

http://www.silencertests.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=89014

All you have to do is spend a little time researching and you will see tons of people saying to run away from the Mite.You are more likely to sell your house or car than your suppressor so why not get the best? Or at least not the worst.

I've found a YHM Mite all SS for around $250. This price seems good when Sparrow's are $200 more. If the SS Mite gets the job done and can be cleaned easily why $200 more for someother can? I don't know much about this can for that is why I'm asking those who have used the YHM cans.

I didn't say anything about a Sparrow.  Why didn't you read the rest of what I wrote?  

Silencerco Spectre II $295
http://www.silencershop.com/shop/swr-spectre-ii/

Silencerco Warlock II $221

http://www.silencershop.com/shop/swr-warlock-ii/

Again, those two are the same can but the warlock is aluminum and the spectre is stainless.  

AAC Pilot 2 $260

http://www.silencershop.com/shop/aac-pilot-2/

Spend a little more and get a better can.  

I soda blasted my mite last time I cleaned it.  Since then, I've fired 10 shots through it.  Its so gritty inside its already getting hard to open.  Its a poor design that ISNT EASY TO TAKE APART.  

I'm a Mite owner that likes his Mite.  I enjoy the can and think its plenty quiet enough for real world use.  I don't care what the meters say.  My ears are what I care about.  But it gunks up so easily, it shouldn't be considered the best option ever. 

• Admin Team

I've got several .22LR cans, including a Mite.  It's not a bad can, and will likely seem about as quiet as any .22 can to most ears.  That said, the major drawback to the Mite is disassembly and cleaning.  This can be tough with many .22 cans, but it's a bear with the Mite.  If you go with a Mite, make sure you're liberal in the application of anti-seize to the threads.  You're going to need all the help you can get in cracking that thing open.

Get something that is easy to clean (e.g. Spectre II, sparrow) and NOT aluminum.

I have an outback IID with aluminum K baffles.  While it is very quiet, it is a PAIN to take apart and a PAIN to clean.  I'll never buy another aluminum 22lr can again.