TGO Runt 4

I hear ya, PS. That ran through my head too, just plain black with logo. I juzt couldn't shake the fact that it's flippin' gorgeous with a nice cocobolo or burl wood of some sort. I love the combination of modern metallurgy with beautiful, natural wood. I'm a sucker for fancy, I guess! :-)

I gotta say... I'm more excited about this than either of the previous knives. I know many people don't like the blade style, but I would love this in a tanto. I completely understand if it doesn't go that direction, though.

I am going to see and if there is no price difference, you all can choose to have either blade, Tanto or regular

Edited by willis68

I'm planning on being in on each run. Just an opinion, but I don't know if we should be trying to make this Runt more than what it is. I'd almost rather see a plain one color with logo since most likely this one will be in my pocket at work getting abused daily.

It would be cheaper if we did that

YEEEEESSSSS!!!!!! This is exactly what I want next, but I wonder about the Tuxedo look on this one... the Godfather/son lends itself to the tuxedo beautifully. On the runt, though, I visualize it in black with cocobolo scales... maybe the same TGO logo as the Godson discreetly etched into the cocobolo, spaced evenly between the screws?

What the heck, 97% sure I'm in regardless, but would greatly prefer a non-tuxedo look on this one. I know there's no way to predict pricing right now, but I assume this will be significantly less than the Godfather, and less than the Rockeye as well. I'm sure that will help me, and others, be able to jump in so soon after Christmas and right before valentine's day. :-)

You and I think alike on this, I have asked Dave if he can do the logo on the cocobolo, if it will fit and look good, it will depend on the price, 

I want this one to be affordable to alot of Folks who may not have been able to take part on these runs, I am sure he will give us a good deal, and when I get solid prices we can make a decision

I may be in for a couple or three if funding and price meet by the payment deadline. One to carry, one to put away, and one more... ya know... because why not?!

I also really like the idea of being able to get it with a plain or tanto blade. Variety is the spice of life... er some junk like that.

If we do cocobolo, on these guys the laser engraving will not work, so if we do it that way, no bullet holes will be on the wood the laser engraving burns the wood, it will be sterile aside from where the serial number will read TGO# on the aluminum close to the blade

there is very little real estate to work with on such a small knife, They put a Mosiac push button on this knife, they look very cool this way 

Edited by willis68

If we do cocobolo, on these guys the laser engraving will not work, so if we do it that way, no bullet holes will be on the wood the laser engraving burns the wood, it will be sterile aside from where the serial number will read TGO# on the aluminum close to the blade

there is very little real estate to work with on such a small knife, They put a Mosiac push button on this knife, they look very cool this way

That's a bummer... I guess when I see engraving on wood it's generally CNC'd not laser engraved, huh? What about a black blade with the TGO circle and bullet holes on the blade itself? ... wait... just looked at it again, the scallop/blade profile kinda breaks up that area.

Hmmm.... all black would leave lots of room on the handle and be a little cheaper... dang I want cocobolo, too! Hahahaha!! Whatever happens, I'm in. :-)

That's a bummer... I guess when I see engraving on wood it's generally CNC'd not laser engraved, huh? What about a black blade with the TGO circle and bullet holes on the blade itself? ... wait... just looked at it again, the scallop/blade profile kinda breaks up that area.

Hmmm.... all black would leave lots of room on the handle and be a little cheaper... dang I want cocobolo, too! Hahahaha!! Whatever happens, I'm in. :-)

Buddy, you are seriously affected by the malignant virus knifus sic obtanius. You must immediately desist from looking at knife forums and posting about them here. There might be some relief if you do this without fail and asap.

Otherwise...well then, you are doomed. And about to be broke.

Buddy, you are seriously affected by the malignant virus knifus sic obtanius. You must immediately desist from looking at knife forums and posting about them here. There might be some relief if you do this without fail and asap.Otherwise...well then, you are doomed. And about to be broke.

Well I didn't know what the affliction was called, but I'm pretty sure it's more contagious than the ebola! :stunned:

No offense but that Runt just doesn't even come close to the Godfather. I would have to pass on this one.

It sounds like the Godfather will be hard to beat though. 

No offense taken, they are very different knives, like comparing apples and oranges,The Godfather is an outstanding knife as all of Pro Tech knives are. The Runt 4 in a lot of peoples opinion is the best small switchblade made by anyone.

Stay tuned Erik, if you like the Godfather down the road there will be a Godson, Large Don, and a TR4. Everyone of these knives are awesome in their own ways

OMG , I haven't even finger printed up my newest and here we go again ? I have not bought a gun in 3 months , but the knives do take up less room in the safe. Oh well , I have two Runts , I may have to pass on this one. The Don ... I'm in .... Edited by Fourtyfive

OMG , I haven't even finger printed up my newest and here we go again ? I have not bought a gun in 3 months , but the knives do take up less room in the safe. Oh well , I have two Runts , I may have to pass on this one. The Don ... I'm in ....

Yes, but you do not have a TGO Runt, they will be very cool I promise!!!

• Like 1

OMG , I haven't even finger printed up my newest and here we go again ? I have not bought a gun in 3 months , but the knives do take up less room in the safe. Oh well , I have two Runts , I may have to pass on this one. The Don ... I'm in ....

I have a solution for your quandary. Just give me one of the Runts; as I have none, it would benefit both of us. lol
  • Like 1