TGO Runt 4

I still really want a runt, but I'm more than happy with this, too. And I like tanto blades. Probably 70% of my knives are tanto, and the profile on that one is killer awesome!

In. Of course. But probably just for one. This one is more hightech looking... I wanted multiples of the runt when I thought it might be coming with wood scales. I'm itching for something really beautiful. Maybe I should go Newport or Half-breed... dunno why that standard grip and smaller blade looks so pretty to me.

Still may be the Runt

• Like 1

If you can get this model Runt in a Tanto , I'm in all the way.

imagejpg1_zps7a738e5a.jpg

She's purdy and has class , Tanto just makes her a cutter ....

Ok I'm drinking and stepping all over everyone's feet , I'm gonna shut up.

Willis , you are the knife man and I need to follow , not try to lead. I'm sorry ....

Yes, I agree a Tanto blade on that would be very cool!

Guys, for the same price we may be able to get a TR1, which is the perfect size, I thought they would be much more I love these knives and they would all be Tanto, what do you all think? this is just a sample pic i found

pt-tr11_zps293742a7.jpg

Maybe in the future. Right now I'm more excited about the Runt.

The Maple Burl wood tanto Runt looks like a winner to me, If we do that one with Mosiac Push button, (cost is the same either way)

they will be right at $140.00 shipped, I will get with Dave Monday and iron out details

Edited by willis68
  • Like 5

Wow, 45... that thing is a beast! I'm suddenly more excited abiut the direction this is going. I know it can't happen, but how crazy would it be if there could be some way to work the logo into a cutout pattern like your scales? Like each side has a shiny aluminum frame and the black scale on top, but the TGO emblem is cut through the black to reveal the aluminum below. Too crazy, I know!

Build it and they will come !

The Maple Burl wood tanto Runt looks like a winner to me, If we do that one with Mosiac Push button, (cost is the same either way)
they will be right at $140.00 shipped

I'm in for one ! The perfect Executive knife.

Willis , you ROCK !

Wait a min. , isn't this A GUN FORUM ? Edited by Fourtyfive
  • Like 1
  • Authorized Vendor

Guys, for the same price we may be able to get a TR1, which is the perfect size, I thought they would be much more I love these knives and they would all be Tanto, what do you all think? this is just a sample pic i found

pt-tr11_zps293742a7.jpg

If you are going with this one only not in a tanto blade I'm in......if it's the runt I'll pass. I'd rather have a different blade shape....like a drop point....Let me know ;)

Edited by Grand Torino

This is probably asking too much, but what about doing a two tone blade? I just saw that on a TR1 in their catalog and it looks awesome!!

I like that very much, the only problem that may bring up is the price, i will have a chat with them Monday and see what can be done

Sorry, I'm not TRYING to be a pain in the rumpus. I've never met Willis personally yet, but I figured as much of a knife lover as he is, he'd enjoy some other ideas and discussion about hashing out details on a custom run. I have a serious affliction for some other hobbies as well... heck, yesterday I spent almost two hours talking guns, reloading, cars, and guitars with a complete stranger while I was at A&H Reloading downtown. We shared all the things we wish Gibson would do properly with the Les Paul for almost half an hour alone. (Shout out to GlockDad23 if you're reading this!) Towards the tail end of the conversation we figured out we were fellow TGOers.

My understanding was that this thread was about fleshing out design details for the next ProTech run. I surely hope I haven't been negative, as that is not my feeling or intent at all. I love these things! I do apologize though, I have very specific likes and dislikes and if I have the opportunity to voice them before a design is specified, I share them. My Momma always taught me to be clear and forthright when I wanted something. There's no harm in asking. She also taught me that most of the time the answer will be "No" and I'm OK with that, too.

I hope that my comments/suggestions have not detracted from Willis' work on this. I think he knows (because I've told him at least a dozen times) that I really do appreciate all the work he's done for us in these knife buys, and I love the results. Edited by musicman
  • Like 2

No apologies necessary,

This thread is all about the design of the knife, Music man i thank you and everyone else for your input on this!

I have it down now and will talk with Dave about it tomorrow, When the price is firmly set I will start an official thread, 

I have asked for this knife,

Runt 4, Choice of Tanto or Regular blade, Mosiac Push Button, Burl wood Maple Inserts, the Logo will not be on these due to the limited real estate offered on the knife, However the serial number will read TGO# I have also asked if the Blades can be two tone, I think these knives will look great, it boils down to final pricing which I should have tomorrow, 

Again thank you all for your input!!!

• Like 2