TGO Secret Santa 2014

Metalhead

I have questions. When will we receive the name and is the deadline on Christmas or is is it sooner?

Looks like last year names were sent out around the 22-23rd of November. I'll try to get them out on or before then.

We'll set the deadline for Christmas. Earlier the better though. Past couple of years I think most folks had gotten theirs out by the second week of December.

I'd suggest a mailing deadline of Friday Dec 12th, as many folks travel out of town for the holidays and most traveling is done on the weekend prior to Christmas, so the travelers are likely to depart on Friday Dec 19th. So if we mail gifts by the 12th then everyone should receive them no later than the 19th, and be able to post pics and thank-yous in the forum while everyone is still in the holiday mood.
My two cents, lets keep this loose and light as in the past 2 years. The holidays are already stressful enough as it is, give this too many rules and deadlines and it runs the risk if becoming just another holiday chore. Besides, I needed at least until the last minute to find stuff last year. :lol:

Edit to add that I do think a reasonable time frame is a good idea, but I would say closer to New Years personally. Edited by TrickyNicky
I didn't think a simple suggestion for a shipping date was complicated or would cause any extreme stress for anyone. No need to make it a rule either, it was just a suggestion for our gift buyers to consider if they wanted their recipients to actually get the gifts before Christmas, which I thought was generally the idea of most secret santa events. To each his own.

And I agree with Metalhead, CHRIST is indeed the main point here. :D Edited by wileecoyote
  • Authorized Vendor

Looks like last year names were sent out around the 22-23rd of November. I'll try to get them out on or before then.

We'll set the deadline for Christmas. Earlier the better though. Past couple of years I think most folks had gotten theirs out by the second week of December.

Cool....I'm in. Only thing I ask is you put a forum name with their real name so I'm sure who I'm buying for. :up:

Why not? I'm in. Sounds like fun.

I did this for many years on another board with members all over the world and that was fun. I've dropped off that site over time so I don't participate in their SS any longer since I'm rarely there.

Daniel, how do you get our mailing addresses to send out to our Santa? Should we PM those to you? I know David has mine from a TGO swag order, but I don't know what you have access to. If you want to dig through some of your 4473's you can find it there too. :D

Edited by monkeylizard