TGO Secret Santa 2014

Metalhead

Guys, would it be helpful to post some of our interests here?

I would think that would be good...or change our interests on our profiles....I have looked through the posts of the person I was given and dont have a clue what to give them based on what I've read...lol

I'm having a hard time with mine. I feel like I know just enough about him to really open some doors, but for some reason it hasn't clicked yet where I should focus my attention.

I looked through a few posts, can see some of the persons interest but had no idea what to buy related to that interest. 

I prefer not to post specific gift ideas, as I think that takes away the surprise factor and requires less effort / thought for the giver. In fact, for family gifts if anyone ever tells me "I want X, Y, or Z..." then I absolutely refuse to buy them any of those items. I want each gift to be a surprise, with some thought behind it. Granted, this is a bit harder to do when you don't know the person or when their prior posts don't help, but in that case you just have to think of a good unique generic gift that most anyone could use and appreciate. And I don't mean fruitcake either... :-)

If anyone is still struggling with a difficult recipient then I'd suggest something with universally wide appeal such as 22 LR ammo, Midway USA or Amazon gift certificates, or even something based on where they live. It doesn't have to be hard if you just think a bit.
  • Like 2

If anyone is still struggling with a difficult recipient then I'd suggest something with universally wide appeal such as 22 LR ammo, Midway USA or Amazon gift certificates, or even something based on where they live. It doesn't have to be hard if you just think a bit.

I typed out an "about me", but in this context it felt more like a "gifts I'd like to receive" thing to me so I couldn't post it.

I agree with the above. Some people feel that gift cards are impersonal, I do not. We are gun people after all, anything that can be used to buy gun stuff can't be bad.
  • Like 1