TGO Secret Santa 2014

Metalhead

Me too, Reed. I'm telling myself that some stupid kid got my box of awesome from my doorstep while I was at work, or that maybe it's still on it's way. I will still participate in the future as I enjoy the giving just as much, but yea... kind of a downer.

Thats exactly how i feel about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sucks!  Everyone signed up for this knowing they are to give a gift.  Metalhead knows who was supposed to send both of you gifts.  Hopefully, site staff will tell them to keep their word, or boot them off TGO.  I hope it was just a delay in getting them out, and both of your gifts are on their way.

Musicman, you are definitely getting a present. Your Secret Santa is a great guy who has been on the board a long time and is sending off the present sometime next week. There is a reason for the delay and I already explained in PM without giving away too much. Again, no worries because you are receiving a present but it will be a little delayed.

As far as reed1285 goes we are going to start the process of trying to track it down. I can promise everyone here, including reed1285, that he will not be left out of all the fun. Now he might be having his fun a little late but he definitely will not be getting a lump of coal either. BTW, your Secret Santa is also a member who has been on the board a long time. He has participated in other events without issue. If you have not received anything by Wednesday of next week please let me know.

I am sorry for the delays guys but I am working on getting everything sorted out and no matter what everyone will receive a gift.

Thanks guys, and I'm sorry... I hated to even say something, and it's only gone to prove what great folks we have here at TGO. I feel like a horse's patoot (sp?) and I hope whoever it is out there knows that I'm already grateful for whatever is coming.

Golly, it sounds so weird to say that... I feel awkward "expecting" a gift, lol! Anywho, I don't know how to say it properly, I just hope no feelings have been hurt and I am so happy to be a part of TGO.

Same here! Please know I brought it up NOT for the reason of getting a gift!! At the time I didnt know the forum status of my SS, so I brought it up that maybe somehow, if he/she signed up and did not care enough to send a gift out, we could exclude them from participating next year.

Santa showed up today, and he's been paying attention! I'm heading right back out now so no pics, but I got hooked up with a nice set of BUIS, which will go nicely on my quad rail AR. That one has an optic but no BUIS.

Also included were two of the Streamlight mini keychain flashlights! I almost got myself some earlier, but held off as I was buying stuff for other folks, so this was awesome!

Thanks Santa! :-D
  • 4 weeks later...

you're right hipower,santa was generous,i tried to be the same as well. Im here to tell you, there's folks on here that I would treat better than some i've known for 30 years plus including family and former family.....

Agreed. And some that are much better than family is some cases.

On the Secret Santa, I thought we'd agreed on a limit. And I had a hard time holding to it, so I went over.

But as I saw some others, I realized some went way over.