Side Charging AR Billet Upper, Non Reciprocating & Forward Assist!

Tooreal

Good thought, I like what the holland does though ...hmmm
Too real what happens if the rail the charger rides on gets dirty, does the rail clean itself out?

I don't personally see how Dirt could get In the Groove where the side charging handle is, because the Bolt is basically closed when you have a round chambered. And at that point the Side Charging Handle is locked into the forward position, so if Dirt or Sand did happen to get in the Groove? As soon as you cycled the Action with the side charging Handle the Flat Bar That the Handle Rides on will Push Anything Out of the Rear Back Open End of The Groove, because it was Left Open & Designed for that very Reason. Make Since? You can clearly see it in the pictures!
Also using a Phase 5 On Any side charging AR enables You the "Operator of the Weapon" or " Shooter of the Rifle" to Operate the weapon, Oh SO Much FASTER!!! Brother You have No idea How much Time You can Save Using one?
Just be sure to get the AR-15 Type 2 Version (I Think that's Right?) and Don't try it on a Mega Billet Lower because it won't work properly. That's the Only lower that it's not compatible with, as far as I know?

The Charging Handle or Knob, is Not Knurled ( My Bad choice of words) but it does have some small raised of perforated spots to make it easier for the user to Grasp and Hold is slippery conditions, but Not mnurled!!

My AR In the 1st picture that Dolomite Posted for me IS a Gas Operated System that I shoot Supressed in 300 Blackout or in 223 / 556 depending on my mood and what I'm wanting to shoot!!!
The Newer AR is a Piston Driven System ( the AR with the most pictures posted) thanks to A Super Nice Guy; Oh Shoot!! Thanks again my Friend!! I Like Good People Like You :-) . You Rock My Brother!!!

DustBuster; if we meet up and You would like to Tryout Both Systems, just let me know and I will Bring them Both for you to shoot??!!

Sorry for being away from this for several days, have had family issues with my Mother who is ill..
Later
Eric Edited by Tooreal
As soon as you cycled the Action with the side charging Handle the Flat Bar That the Handle Rides on will Push Anything Out of the Rear Back Open End of The Groove, because it was Left Open & Designed for that very Reason. Make Since? You can clearly see it in the pictures! Thats what I wanted to know,I did find a phase 5 sc model,it should work on my lancer lower, what i think really sucks about side chargers? waiting for it to come in, friggin brown trucks... LOL i may get freed up today, am swamped, i wanted all this crap to be in today so i could test it at 3 gun in dickson tommorrow....side note : Oh Shoot, am looking to work it faster while staying on target
Holland Automatic Rifles has a Discount that will be Good for the Rest of this Year, in Honor of Veterans!

Any vet that orders this year will get a 25% discount. Non vets 10%. Promotion offer, one time only!!!! All HAR services and products.
Holland will also be getting back into the 1911 scene.

Just a Side Note from John; Any posing vets will be visited by men in black at 0 dark 30!!!!!

Ok too real here Ya go. Took some work,the cam pin was being a ferguson rioter, but,I got it in. The phase 5 is a lil loose I'll try the pin they gave with it later tonite...

The handle looks higher than I thought.  Let me know how much skin you scrape off your left index finger against the scope mounts while working the action.

Would it get any dirtier than a regular charging handle & BCG? I've not found that to be the case with my HAR at all?...

My Shrike is a side charger and a piston upper, it's clean and well lubed, I usually shoot 4-100rd/2-180rd belts, it starts gumming up around 600rds from the inside out, I only shoot LC 855/856 ammo in this upper, now on the flip side I shoot 30 mags of Wolf ammo out of my DI upper/s, it doesn't do any better..
IMG_20140124_145717515_HDR_zpsnitk8mjx.j

The height is good, pic doesn't do it any justice. Scope is a 1x4. My hand clears it.

How do you place your hand when working the action?  Palm up, down?  Which fingers? 

Just trying to get a feel for what is comfortable that close in.

My left index and 2nd finger work fine, the scope isn't that big in diameter. There's also a threaded hole if I want to add to it if needed. Am using this w a JP low mass bcg for 3 gun, shouldn't bother my hand in any way. Pulls back real easy.

Cool.  Looking forward to hearing how it shoots and feels under some real conditions. 

200 isn't bad,plus u can move it from gun to gun without having to tear the upper down ...when you look at it close they have a lot of work into it, plus when the guy uses a boot to rack it w the bench it appears to be rugged as all hell...... Edited by Dustbuster

Drop in the bucket if it shaves time off of a stage...considering a new upper is 214.00 to do the same thing, am curious as to why u don't think it's worth more than 50?

$50 is my threshold for little things that aren't required for my needs.  Any money I put into a gun is with a budget in mind.  I can't see that modification saving me enough time in a malfunction clearing to justify $200.  The Army taught me remedial action well enough to feel confident in my abilities with the standard charging handle.

For those in the 3-gun craze, I could see it, but since I don't do those, it's just not for me.  If I ever win the lottery however, I'll have one of everything.  :D

Edited by btq96r
[quote name="Dustbuster" post="1212844" timestamp="1416898942"]
Ok too real here Ya go. Took some work,the cam pin was being a ferguson rioter, but,I got it in. The phase 5 is a lil loose I'll try the pin they gave with it later tonite... [quote name="Dustbuster" post="1212844" timestamp="1416898942"]

That Handle Really is Litterally riding on the Topside of the Upper, that's Gotta Hurt when you do have to cycle it!!! Ouch...

Look at the HAR Side Charger and you can see it is Lower than the one you have pictured, and the Charging Handle is on a Cant or at an Angle going out to the side & Up about at the 10 o'clock position!
Big Difference my friend!!
Try that Pin that came with the Phase 5 because it's Not Suppose to be Sloppy at all? If it's not that, make sure the Spring or Pin didn't fall out when you were installing the Phase 5?!! I've Never seen Anything as you described Unless one of those 2 Small Pieces Fell Out!!!
Nice Lower, I like that and the Phase 5 is the Only Way to Go now isn't it?? :-) or it will be when you get it operating correctly!!! Edited by Tooreal
It's running fine,I expected the phase 5 to be tighter. The pin and spring are there. It's more of forward aft movement.But the lancer lower may just be that way. I did use their roll pin, it works.no difference. charging handle is ok on the Gibbs no scraping.might be diff if I was running an acog but that's not the case.I like the HAR design as well, not getting it this week though...side charging is the way to go,