Side Charging AR Billet Upper, Non Reciprocating & Forward Assist!

Tooreal

i have another upper w a non reciprocating handle on the left side, the handle folds and hasnt been a problem as far as getting hung goes, yet, id still like to try it even though i keep hearing raptor in the distance. i have bi handles on 2 rifles, not the same, especially for competition where clearing crap fast is of essence..
i really really dont want to pay 800 for a holland upper....
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, Hell yeah it ate my spelling!!! again!!

I also have an American Spirit Arms Side Charging Upper that I use to like more than my LAR- OPS-4 Ambidextrous Upper and my 6.5 Grendel that has a Mega Arms Billet Upper Lower Set that has a Youngs Manufacturing Nashional Match Bolt Carrier Group with Right side Charging Handle. I have a couple of Extra Plugs that were made to Block the Charging Handle Hole at the Rear of the Upper Receiver if Anyone has a setup like this and needs 1, I would sell it for under $10.00 mailed to you.
I Love my Grendel & it will Never be Replaced by anything because of the .333" Groups that it shoots!

Dustbuster;
I have a Raptor Charging Handle on Several of my Uppers and as Far as I am Concerned, you Won't Find Any Better Charging Handle for a standard AR Platform, Period!!!
The Holland Automatic Rifles Upper is $475.00 for a Complete Upper Receiver with a Bolt Carrier with the small place Milled into the Carrier.
I have asked about selling the Upper to Us With Out the BC? And if an Upper was purchased, could We Send 1 of Our Own BOLT CARRIERS to them and have them Mill them for Us, as part of the Deal with Buying one of these Uppers? That way it would Still work with Any Other Mil Spec Upper!

I am thinking the Upper without the Carrier would be about $375.00 or somewhere in that neighborhood. I Hope, because I would like to Buy 1 more for Myself, and I have BCG's out the Wazoo so this could save me some Cash! I am Broke.

I will Post whatever answer I receive when I get an answer..

Eric Edited by Tooreal

Hey Dustbuster,

If you would like to shoot this setup, just let me know and we can work out a time and place to meet up and shoot it!!

Eric

Just to be clear, I Am Not Making Any Money on these Uppers, not .01 Cent... I just ran up on this Upper & Opportunity to Show & Tell Anybody that may be interested in something like this and will provide the information needed for You to Buy One!!
I'm Not Fighting Any Battles Here, I am Just Showing Off this Upper that "I" Happen to Believe is the Best thing since Sliced Bread! And has Finally Brought Bill Stoners AR Platform into the 21st Century. That's just my opinion, but from where I stand it's a fact!!!

It's needed to Evolve for Quite some time & I'm Happy this has finally happened!

I would be willing to Bet if (2 Competetors of Equal Shooting Skills) were shooting the Same Range being Timed for Accuracy and Clearing their weapons. One with a standard AR & the Other with a Setup like Mine, I would be willing to Bet on the Shooter that had One like mine!!!
You Really have to Experience it to Fully Understand How & Why I would Ever say Anything like that...

brq96r;

Talking about the forward assist.

What about the forward assist?  On an AR, it needs to be there since you can't manually move the bolt any other way.  With your setup, like an AK, you have the handle to move and it should move the assist, right? 

If remedial action fails (meaning the spring won't move the bolt all the way forward), and you can't move the bolt with a side handle via normal pressure from the shooter, the problem is likely one that can't be solved on the firing line anytime soon.

What about the forward assist?  On an AR, it needs to be there since you can't manually move the bolt any other way.  With your setup, like an AK, you have the handle to move and it should move the assist, right? 

If remedial action fails (meaning the spring won't move the bolt all the way forward), and you can't move the bolt with a side handle via normal pressure from the shooter, the problem is likely one that can't be solved on the firing line anytime soon.

btq96r;
There is a Forward Assist that is Made into the Side Charging Handle, to Engage the F/A you would press the Charging Knob with your Thumb and then Push Forward.
In all of the Rounds that I have put threw this AR, I had a problem with some Ammo that I got at Walmart. It was ZT Brand or Zombie something ammo & came in a White 30 Round Box, and may have been undercharged? Walmart had it on Clearance so I Bought a Bunch & had a couple of crappy Boxes of Bullets.
I typed all that to say with those Rounds that did not cycle properly, I did use the Forward Assist to push 1 Round into the chamber when it didn't Fully Close. But, I found that it was Much easier to keep my Eye on the Target and with my Ledt Hand just Cycle the Action with the Left Side Handle, kicking that Round Out & Chambering a Fresh Round from the Magazine.
That is ONE HUGE BIG Benefit to me, because I can Hit the Steel Plates at 200 Yards & Never have to Loose my Sight Picture, as soon as the New Round is chambered I'll just keep Hitting them... To me it Just Makes Since!? But that is Just me, perhaps?

I may have to post a Video, or I can make one and maybe OZ can post it for me? Because it's just Not that Complicated to Operate....

Ok, I'm going to type this 1 time.
The Side Charging handle Moves to the Rear As You Pull the Carrier Back, or Charge the Weapon & at that point it Will Stay Back with the Bolt and Carrier. When the Bolt Carrier is Released the Side Charging Handle Will Move Forward with the BCG, then it Will Lock into Place In the Forward Position, and Stay There Until the Last Round in the Magazine is Fired. At that Point the Charging Handle will Move Back with the BCG and Lock Back in the Open Position in Unison with the BCG and Stay there Until the BC is Released.

The Forward Assist is Built Into the Charging Handle which is Held Up AWAY From the Receiver by an Internal Spring. When you Put Pressure on the Flat Surface of the Charging Knob, it Presses a Hardened Steel Bar Into a Small Slot that is Milled into the Carrier to Allow you to Force the Carrier Closed. Which to me works So Much easier than a Standarf F/A...

I Hope that makes since & answers your questions.

I may send someone a Really Crappy Video that I made in an attempt to make it easier to understand. But I used my iphone and it's got 70% Gun & 30% Trees, Shooting Bench & anything else you would expect from a 3rd Grader in the video! No offense to any 3rd Graders out there, I'm Sure they would have done a Better Job than me!!! And that's a Fact..

Eric

Would love to shoot it. Owl hollow or strategic edge let me know what's convenient. 375 to 400 is very fair!!!
My speculated application is 3 gun, love to shoot it!!

Brother,
If I hadn't had several Back surgeries in the last 5 years, I'd be shooting 3 Gun with it Right Now!! It's Perfect for that and Every other Application too.. I Really think that you will Love this thing Especially for 3 Gun!!
I am in South Nashville close to Percy Preist Lake, are either one of those close to where I'm located? Send me a PM with you Cell # & I'll find a way to make it happen! Tomorrow around 1 o'clock may work for me of its close enough and we can work it out..

Eric
I spoke to John about selling the Uppers without the Bolt Carrier, and I Emphasized the Fact that a Lot of People Would Want to Use their Own Carrier? He finelly got back with me tonight and He Really is a Nice Guy!!!

He will sale a New Upper with No Carrier for $375.00 , and I think that's Really Good. He also said if You Buy an Upper and want to use Your Own Carrier, you just pay the shipping and He will have it Milled for Free.. That's Awesome!! I think!!

He said; If you send a Nickel Boron Carrier, It Can be Milled. But the NiBX can Not be Touched up, but he Could Spot Blue the small Milled slots. If you send a Stainless Carrier he would Glass Bead the Milled Spots to make the spots Match the carrier

Anyway, I'm Stoked about this for Myself, because I need another one, or Two!?

If anything is Miss Spelled I apologize but I'm falling asleep, but everything about the Price & Free Milling on Your Carreier is Correct, just pay to ship it to him.

Later
Eric Edited by Tooreal

btq96r;

I Hope that makes since & answers your questions.

Tooreal, thanks for taking the time to detail all that for me. Obviously, you're in love with this thing.  I'm all about variety of product in the AR market, even if I don't think a particular modification is my cup of tea.  I'm also a skeptic until I can see durability test results for a gun. 

If a guy like Dustbuster gets a chance to put your gun through its paces with a day at the range, I look forward to reading the review.  I also would enjoy reading about if you get it involved in some kind of tactical course.  Yes, I know they can be corny, but they would do a good job at putting your build under at least some kind of stress you don't get just sitting at the bench and firing at your leisure.

Maybe next month, when I have some time on my hands between semesters, I could put a few mags worth of ammo through it and put my own thoughts here.

my bad for not remembering where this thread was located and reposted a question under another catagory, I am interested in a side charging upper for myself as well,but, I have a tight budget that I have to work with wich makes the New Frontier attractive to me and looking for more pros and cons on that upper.  Again my bad for have brain gas at the time of posting in the other section.

thanks for the info.

Tooreal, thanks for taking the time to detail all that for me. Obviously, you're in love with this thing.  I'm all about variety of product in the AR market, even if I don't think a particular modification is my cup of tea.  I'm also a skeptic until I can see durability test results for a gun. 

If a guy like Dustbuster gets a chance to put your gun through its paces with a day at the range, I look forward to reading the review.  I also would enjoy reading about if you get it involved in some kind of tactical course.  Yes, I know they can be corny, but they would do a good job at putting your build under at least some kind of stress you don't get just sitting at the bench and firing at your leisure.

Maybe next month, when I have some time on my hands between semesters, I could put a few mags worth of ammo through it and put my own thoughts here.

This Is Not My upper receiver or Build, as you would have known had you read the information that I have posted? This is a side charging upper that I was able to Buy from Holland Automatic Rifles for my personal use. I ended up liking it so much that I have sold several of my other side charging AR's. I like it so much that I thought that I would show it to everyone on TGO and let them know about the opportunity to look at it and give everyone here the opportunity to handle my AR and now buy one at a really good price & use the bolt carrier that you already own...

Keep up your work in school & enjoy it while you can my friend, I miss those days!!!

This Patented Upper and the rest of the Entire AR that Holland Automatic Rifles builds, including their Patented Piston System, is being tested and run through the trenches by several Branches of the U.S. Armed Forces. This system has been tested and evaluated for years, and is built to work for strength and endurance and to fit the operator like nothing else available.

This isn't exactly a low dollar upper that just needs to be sold, it's an opportunity to own one of these uppers, while you can get one. Before the company gets to big to care about selling to Joe Public like me.
Holland Automatic Rifles will be a specialty company assembling custom components for specialized purposes & very well may not be available on the open market? It is Definetly not going to be in the price range that I can afford, because they will be up there with LWRC if not more expensive than that!

If anyone would like to checkout my AR to see if you may be interested in buying one, just send me a message with your contact information and I will do my best to get together at a location that's convenient for us both.

my bad for not remembering where this thread was located and reposted a question under another catagory, I am interested in a side charging upper for myself as well,but, I have a tight budget that I have to work with wich makes the New Frontier attractive to me and looking for more pros and cons on that upper.  Again my bad for have brain gas at the time of posting in the other section.

thanks for the info.

Ron,

I'm not very familiar with the New Frontier side charging upper other than what I have read about it and taken note of in its appearance? With that being said, the Rear Door that Holds the BCG inside the Upper looks like a Weak Spot to me that is prone to fail in time! It also had No Forward Assit or a Dust Cover, which is something that I personally like to have.
This HAR Side charging upper Has Both of those, Forward Assist being Very Important to me and also a Dust Cover.. The Rear Door that Holds in the BCG ON the HAR is solid and Straight that firmly locks in place and is then secured by the lower receiver when the upper & lower are closed. Not on a Vertical Angle like the New Frontier..

This upper is solid and been tested for years and for $100.00 more I would personally go this route, just ship them Your Own Carrier & they Mill the two small slots for free..

Good luck on your purchase.

Tooreal, from your posting above you mention there is a 100.00 difference between the N.F. and the one mentioned above for 375.00 however the N.F. is 198.00 so almost a 200.00 difference I am sure I could scrounge up the difference in cost, however, and as OH Shoot asked above, what would be the driving factors to want to go this route vs a standard upper and lower especially during this time of year when everyone is having or going to have Black Friday specials going on.  It has to be more than just being different to justify going this route unless they are going to be offering a bigger price brake this time of year.

Thanks

Nobody answered when I asked before ... so again, can one of you summarize the advantages of this type config over conventional AR one?

tia,

- OS

Oh Shoot,

I am So Sorry that I Overlooked Your Question, after You Posted the pictures for Me, I Really feel Terrible!! So please forgive My Oversight my Friend...

The Advantaage of Having a Left Side Non- Reciprocating Upper Receiver like this one (that Does Have a Forward Assist) is that while the Operator is Using the Weapon in a Live Fire Situation. If the Operator Happened to Have a Miss Fire, or a Round Jammed & causing a Failure to Feed?! With This System, the Operator would Never Have to take His Eye Off His Objective or Target, Loosing His Sight Picture while Clearing a Jam, or Cycling the Action!!!
Unlike a standard AR platform with a Standard Charging Handle where you would Loose Your sight picture while cycling the Action that would be Directly Below the Optic / in Front of the Operators Face / Chin!!

OS, I hope that makes since My Friend? If not, just let me know?

Eric
  • Like 1
[quote name="Ron Padilla" post="1209178" timestamp="1415994747"]After going back and rerading the posts several times more of the info is begining to sink in, if a person wants to pop for the 375.00 how does one go about buying one of the uppers?

Thanks[/quote

Ron Padilla,

Here is the contact info For anyone that is interested in Buying one of these Upper Receivers or would like more information about the Upper Receiver's Specifications? Go to Holland Automatic Rifles on Facebook.com ! There is an email address & telephone number listed there to contact them with.
You May want to mention my Username Tooreal, or put it in the content of the message just to make sure that you get this Special Pricing, and Free Carrier Milling if you choose to go that route.

Getcha One, you Won't be disappointed!!!
Eric

Operator

Operator

Operator

Operators

How are they making all those calls while firing?  Are these operators using a Bluetooth while they shoot?  Regardless, it seems like all the gunfire would make any calls a bit of trouble.  ;)

d43c7daef121067b2c5a707e5440d481.jpg

If I had to go with one, I would probably choose this version.  That small crescent would seem to be a more natural place to get a good grip than the rounded ones for quick action.

Too real what happens if the rail the charger rides on gets dirty, does the rail clean itself out?

What would make think the gas operated AR platform could have carbon build up and jam the action anywhere that isn't air tight? :D

Edited by btq96r

I follow you,I would hope that the rail doesn't get gritty. I just chatted w someone that has a gibbs w a phase 5 Side charger release. Im in should be here by friday. I really really like the holland.Just not sure about the knob but, the system appears to be heavier and more rugged than the rest. I can use my JP low mass BCG w a simple cam pin swap no extra machining or mods needed. It seems like the difference between a 250 and 350 upper is if it comes w a BCG or not. IM gonna try it, If I dont like it, itll be in classifieds.......

I follow you,I would hope that the rail doesn't get gritty. I just chatted w someone that has a gibbs w a phase 5 Side charger release. Im in should be here by friday. I really really like the holland.Just not sure about the knob but, the system appears to be heavier and more rugged than the rest. I can use my JP low mass BCG w a simple cam pin swap no extra machining or mods needed. It seems like the difference between a 250 and 350 upper is if it comes w a BCG or not. IM gonna try it, If I dont like it, itll be in classifieds.......

Another thing to consider in the handle is getting a grip and pull on it with bare hands and gloved hands.  Is it smooth enough with either or?  Could be a big difference in depending on how big the knob is.

Edited by btq96r