45 GAP

Guest Glockman

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've still got 50+rd of Double-Tap 185gr Gold-Dot .45 G.A.P. I'm sure that I could part with it... since I don't have a gun in this caliber anymore.

pm me if you want it, and where to send it. I'd be fine with just sending one or two cartridges out of the lot.

jfglock, I'll send you the rest of them, if you want them... The Double-Tap is HOT :stare: . 185gr Gold-Dot bullet @ 1150fps - 4" bbl... excellent carry ammo. I've used a ton of it in the past.

I don't have the original packaging anymore (since I dump it into ammo cans for storage)

It's in the hands of the USPS now... :ugh: pm's sent.

Oh wow. I'm looking forward to the doomsday device! :ugh:

Watch out though... these were developed with the input from Glock.

Don't have an ND! :stare:

250px-Castle_Romeo.jpg

Perhaps that is why Glock doesn't make grenades... cause noone would be able to convince them that the pin was necessary!

"As long as the user can keep their fingers on the spoon, it would be perfectly safe..."

Guest Phantom6
Watch out though... these were developed with the input from Glock.

Don't have an ND! :eek:

250px-Castle_Romeo.jpg

Perhaps that is why Glock doesn't make grenades... cause noone would be able to convince them that the pin was necessary!

"As long as the user can keep their fingers on the spoon, it would be perfectly safe..."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Love it.... :rofl:

Guest Chemsoldier

Man, is every board this hard on Glocks or is it just ones that you are on Mars? :rofl:

I think the .45 GAP is going out. The .45 GAP has no specialized niche like the .41 MAG or 10mm. Both of them has a rural shooting niche as a hunting handgun or in 10mm's case, a hunting gun or as a practical semi-auto with a power level that is more suitable to the backwoods (also a sideline as a pin gun). .45 GAP has no niche. It may not die quickly and with modern reloading it will always be there for those that are interested...but really how is it going to appeal to teh specialty crowd the way .41 Mag or 10mm appeals to their adherents? Instead of having some unique properties its just .45 ACP, but not.

Man, is every board this hard on Glocks or is it just ones that you are on Mars? :rofl:

I think the .45 GAP is going out. The .45 GAP has no specialized niche like the .41 MAG or 10mm. Both of them has a rural shooting niche as a hunting handgun or in 10mm's case, a hunting gun or as a practical semi-auto with a power level that is more suitable to the backwoods (also a sideline as a pin gun). .45 GAP has no niche. It may not die quickly and with modern reloading it will always be there for those that are interested...but really how is it going to appeal to teh specialty crowd the way .41 Mag or 10mm appeals to their adherents? Instead of having some unique properties its just .45 ACP, but not.

Valid points... .45 GAP will most likely end up like the .38super, only will less useability in the shooting sports, and more useability in compact carry pistols.

I forget where I saw this, but someone online made a humorous suggestion that Glock develop an 'intermediate magnum' pistol cartridge to compete with the 5.7x28mm, using a GAP case necked down onto a .172" projectile...

He wanted its nomenclature to be: .17 GIMP (Glock Intermediate Magnum Pistol)

Hilarious...

Guest Chemsoldier
Valid points... .45 GAP will most likely end up like the .38super, only will less useability in the shooting sports, and more useability in compact carry pistols.

I forget where I saw this, but someone online made a humorous suggestion that Glock develop an 'intermediate magnum' pistol cartridge to compete with the 5.7x28mm, using a GAP case necked down onto a .172" projectile...

He wanted its nomenclature to be: .17 GIMP (Glock Intermediate Magnum Pistol)

Hilarious...

:rofl: :rofl:

Hey molonlabetn, I got the 45 GAPs today. Thanks!

Still have the packaging. Where in it is the doomsday device?

What does "Opened For Postal Inspection" mean?

JUST KIDDING!!!!

har-har-har...

Glad those Glock cartridges got there without having an AD. Hope they suit your needs... :drool:

The doomsday device is coming via freight, they said it wouldn't fit in a postal jeep :) ... be looking for it in a few more days. You have plenty of lead shielding, right?

Glad those Glock cartridges got there without having an AD. Hope they suit your needs... :)

They would only AD if they were IN a Glock. :drool:

Maybe I can get a job for a few days at the Bristol Exide battery plant. Everyone there has near-toxic blood lead levels within a few shifts.