I was wanded last week for the preds game. The guy said do you have anything in your pockets.? I said 'yep, cigarettes and lighter and keys and my phone, what'. I then just looked at him and his wand flashing red and walked through. But I wasn't carrying. They don't always wand but seems more often lately. Went to see brad paisley in February, no wanding.

I had to take a pocket knife back to the truck last season.   It was "The Wand".  I looked at him and asked,... "my pocket knife, really?"  no dice.  If I wasn't taking a friend who was visiting from New Zealand, I would've just driven home.

(old codger warning).... you can't even be an eagle scout anymore... anywhere!!  

... granted, some folks seem to think my pocket knife is large.  It's under 4".

If they are going to wand, I wish they would wand every single person.

• Like 1

I haven't been to a hockey game in Nashville, but have been to a view Titans games and it get wanded every time.  

That's because the NFL is so over-the-top PC that it's laughable. Roger Goodell has taken so much enjoyment out of the game at virtually every level. At least they went from pat-downs to wands... I quit going to Titans games a few years back because I didn't like being felt up/patted down at the gate by TSA rejects. Besides, the best view in the house is from my living room couch.

Edited by tartanphantom
  • Like 3

Went to a preds game last winter and upon seeing the wanders had to return to my vehicle to disarm myself. Pretty sure it was the last preds game I'll go to.

I've pretty much given up on going to sporting events anymore. Seems they're all off limits, full of drunk obnoxious people and overpriced food and drink. I like the view better from my living room anyways.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

That's because the NFL is so over-the-top PC that it's laughable. Roger Goodell has taken so much enjoyment out of the game at virtually every level. At least they went from pat-downs to wands... I quit going to Titans games a few years back because I didn't like being felt up/patted down at the gate by TSA rejects. Besides, the best view in the house is from my living room couch.

Very True! Goodell may have learned that when you get in bed with PC liberals, you are gonna get ...well you know!

Guest DrNick1986

When I lived in OKC I always hated not being able to carry at the OKC Thunder games. The arena (as do most arenas I am guessing) had the same no-weapon policy. It was a hard decision to go unarmed but my love for the team and being at the games made it worth being there in person and leaving the EDC in the car. 

Now that I am in Knoxville the only nearby arena is on the school campus making it a double no-no to carry there. 

When I lived in OKC I always hated not being able to carry at the OKC Thunder games. The arena (as do most arenas I am guessing) had the same no-weapon policy. It was a hard decision to go unarmed but my love for the team and being at the games made it worth being there in person and leaving the EDC in the car.

Now that I am in Knoxville the only nearby arena is on the school campus making it a double no-no to carry there.

The Knoxville Ice Bears play at the civic coliseum, which I think is posted but you don't typically get searched.
Guest DrNick1986

I forgot about the ole Ice Bears. I've not been to one of their games yet (only lived here in Knoxville for 2 years) but I have heard they can be fun. 

Don't places like stadiums and arenas fall under the "Municipal Buildings" portion of the law thus making it illegal to carry there regardless of postage/signage (like it is at parks and such)? 

Guest S4boost

Took my son to the Bridge for the Monster Jam monster truck show this past weekend. No wanders or pat downs. Guess they trust all those fine country folk- so long as its 1pm on a Sunday.

I went Saturday night. Wanted to carry just for the walk to and from the car. But wasn't sure if they'd be wanding folks.