Tula "Perfecta" Ammo

I was in my local WM a couple days ago & they had shelves full of Tula Perfecta 9mm for $9.97 per 50 rnd box & .45 acp for $18.97 per 50. I noticed it was made in Italy (thinking Fiocchi maybe?) & it's the lowest I've seen 9mm & .45 in years so I grabbed a couple boxes of each. Anyone have experience shooting it?

Edited by luvmyberetta
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only shot the Federal Aluminum which is similarly priced and only found at Wal Mart as far as I've seen.

I had zero problems with the Federal and I'm sure it's similar.

You're right. I just took out the bag & noticed the clerk sold me Fed. 9mm aluminum & the .45 Tula Perfecta is indeed brass. I guess I mixed up which ones I bought because I had been looking at them both & put the bag up in my closet as soon as I got home. Sorry for the confusion.

The Tula BrassMaxx I bought a while back was manufactured in Herzegovina. The Perfecta I picked up is made in Italy.

I shoot perfecta all the time in my 92. Runs really clean.

The aluminum stuff is a little dirtier, but that's why we clean our friends that go boom. :)

I buy up all the aluminum 9 I can find when I see it. I love that stuff.

Thanks. That'e the cheapest I've seen any ammo in a couple years. I'm planning to pick up more of both. I used to buy Blazer aluminum .45acp for $16.97 a few years ago when it was available at my local WM. It was the cleanest ammo I've ever used. Now it's aout $25 or more when you see it & my local store doesn't carry it anymore. I haven't shot any of the BrassMaxx I bought made in Herzegovina yet because I've heard a lot of negative reviews about it, but everyone seems to have high praises for the Tula made in Italy (Fiocchi).

• 3 months later...

I sure hope the Perfecta ammo runs well. I just bought 8 boxes of the 9mm for $6.94 a box of 50 and 2 boxes of .40 cal for $8.94 a box of 50 which was all the .40 cal. they had but have  .45 cal. coming in by the weekend at the Spring Hill  Walmart. The sporting goods manager said this pricing is going on for a while longer. You can't  go wrong at this price even if you have a few misfires.

The Tula BrassMaxx I bought a while back was manufactured in Herzegovina. The Perfecta I picked up is made in Italy.

The BrassMaxx, at least the 9mm, was originally or later from Italy (not sure of the timing -- I still have a box), also widely reported to have been Fiocchi.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot