"D'oh, that's a big gun. Is that a 45 cal?"

The title contains the question I heard while pumping gas on my way to North Carolina today.

Man next to me noticed my full sized Beretta, then laughed as I told him it was a 9mm. Then asked me if I was into "dat Springfield Ahr-moo-ree ex-deeee-esss"

It is not the first time I've heard this. People seem to think that large calibers always mean large guns.

I wanted to tell him that I don't need a 45 to make my dick feel big, but my girlfriend was standing near me and she's been trying to make me less mean to people I don't know. So, I just told him to enjoy the grip zone and I moved on.
  • Like 2
  • Administrator

Why be an asshole to a complete stranger?  Maybe just try saying, "No sir, it's a 9mm" and be done with it.  Or try concealing... but I mean, you're carrying a gun roughly the size of a framing hammer so it might be harder to do that.  :D

• Like 13

Why be an asshole to a complete stranger?  Maybe just try saying, "No sir, it's a 9mm" and be done with it.  Or try concealing... but I mean, you're carrying a gun roughly the size of a framing hammer so it might be harder to do that.   :D

I always wonder why someone who is OC'ing gets unnerved by someone asking them about the gun.

• Like 11
Do I need to start adding a disclaimer that humor is the intended purpose of these posts, or am I just not very good at it?

If you think I was sincerely ruffled by the guy's comment then you must think I'm pretty sensitive.

Also, I didn't mean to make anyone's Johnson feel small. What say you we compare calibers and Johnson size at the next TGO get together that I will at this point in time probably not be welcome to?

Do I need to start adding a disclaimer that humor is the intended purpose of these posts, or am I just not very good at it?

If you think I was sincerely ruffled by the guy's comment then you must think I'm pretty sensitive.

this,   lol

• Like 1

Also, I didn't mean to make anyone's Johnson feel small. What say you we compare calibers and Johnson size at the next TGO get together that I will at this point in time probably not be welcome to?

I caught the humor, though begin a homophobe, I won't be attending the Caliber / Johnson TGO Event

Really........ thank goodness, I can stop carrying this raging bull, my 50 cal rifle and my KaBar!

Had a Raging Bull in .454 Cassull some time ago, mostly bought it for a novility but I figured it was basically a hunting pistol so I took it deer hunting a couple of times, didn't see anything to shoot that day. One silly thing about that Raging Bull, it was bright polished stainless, why would you take a "MIRROR" with you hunting? Had to cover it while sitting in the woods, make it a matt finish. That would be my carry gun if I were to go hiking out west in moose and griz country, might need a 300 grain bullet going 1200fps.

One of my grandpas was a sheriffs deputy some in the 60's and 70's; most cops thought you should carry the biggest gun you can stand. He had a guy at gun point one night when he decided to make a run for it straight at my grandpa. Grandpa shot him with a pencil barrel S&W .38. The turd said later that the gun looked small so he was not worried about it hurting. My grandpa could only carry a .38 so he went to a heavy barrel. Then turds cried at the sight of it and thought that it was a hand cannon.
IMAG0188.jpg

Edited by Patton
  • 2 weeks later...