NO, i'm not going to eat that.... (rant)

K191145

Talking about a certain person I know very well.

Oh well, everybody has their hang-ups about alot of things but it doesn't matter, if I don't want to eat a certain food then no is no and don't get your drawers in a wad over it. It's my personal opinion or hang-up or whatever anyone calls it that chicken or turkey absolutly doesn't belong in any kind of tomato based food, it's just grose to me. The only exception is chicken and BBQ sauce and even then I would rather have it fried or baked, in a cheesy mix with pasta but no freaking tomato sauce, no turkey/chicken chili or speggitti or that chicken marinara goop, it just doesn't mix, the bird is ruined. I love chicken and I love tomato based dishes but not together, might as well mix sour cream and bacon and ice cream. OH, but chicken chili tastes good, try some, have a bowl. NOOOOOO for the umpteenth time. Big live grub worms(maggots) taste good to some people in Africa, partially developed soured eggs taste good to some people in France, boiled pig intestines tastes good to some people in Tennessee, turds tastes good to dogs so why don't they try some of that?

All i'm saying is, if somebody doesn't want to eat something, respect their decision and don't get all mad about it.

Rant over.

What's your food hang-up?

Edited by K191145
  • Like 5

Mayonnaise and sour cream.  I loathe both of those vile substances.

Other than that I can tolerate just about anything....other than bacon flavored this, that and the other.  Bacon should be delivered in fried strips and eaten that way.

• Like 9

Ohhhhhh man. I am the weird one in my family. I have many hangups and the biggest of which is I *will not* eat food prepared by someone I do not know. One thing working in retail has taught me is that most folks have a different idea of what good hygiene is. Food preparation is a whole nother thing. I am hypocritical of this when it comes to restaurants, but I have a certain expectation of quality for something I'm paying for from someone who does it for a living.

Birthday cake. I go to a b-day party for a niece or nephew or friend or whatever, and they blow out the candles on the cake. I then have to explain or play like I'm not hungry because fuck me if I'm going to eat a cake covered in some kid's spit.

• Like 6

I agree about the chicken and tomato thing

But, mayonnaise is awesome! I put it on everything; sandwiches, tuna, chicken, steak, pizza, pizza rolls, bacon, mayonnaise, cheetos, hipsters, eggs, chinese food, tacos, sour cream, salads, tomatos, potatoes, bread, artichokes, liberals, cereal, yellow snow, nachos, bbq, ice cream, garlic bread, burritos, taquitos, hot dogs, hamburgers, chocolate, ribs, peanuts, sauerkraut, caviar, foie gras, pickles, cake, socks, goats, berries, mixed nuts, etc.....

Just kidding....I don't put mayonnaise on bacon, bacon is already perfect.

• Like 4

and don't serve me Turkey bacon. There is no such thing......and why do they try to make TOFU sausage or vegetarian hamburgers? You want to eat Tofu and vegetables fine. If you want to pretend like you are eating REAL sausage and REAL hamburger, then you are in denial! You are not a real vegetarian if you try to imitate meat!!!! Have you ever seen a VEGAN that didn't look hungry? 

• Like 3
I'm picky about only a few things, but generally fish, tomatoes(whole or sliced), mayonnaise, and mushrooms are deal breakers. I'll eat tripe or tongue on rare occasion and enjoy it, but these fried giblets so many like are not for me. There are other things I know instantly I'm going to hate, and since becoming an adult I just won't try it unless it's one of a handful of people asking who just won't give up. Then I'll eat a minuscule amount since I know it won't kill me and for some reason I'll never fully understand, it satisfies something in them to see me eat food I hate. :shrug: sometimes it's easier to just humor them.

and don't serve me Turkey bacon. There is no such thing......and why do they try to make TOFU sausage or vegetarian hamburgers? You want to eat Tofu and vegetables fine. If you want to pretend like you are eating REAL sausage and REAL hamburger, then you are in denial! You are not a real vegetarian if you try to imitate meat!!!! Have you ever seen a VEGAN that didn't look hungry? 

I've met quite a lot of fat vegetarians and vegans, as well as some that looked like they hadn't eaten a meal in a week or so. Fat or scrawny, all of them are always snacking and often complain of hunger.

So....I've never met a content vegan or vegetarian, but they sure will tell omnivores about how good they feel when they aren't bitching about their incessant hunger pangs. That's not to say that a person can't be fit and content while be a vegan or vegetarian...but real, non-political, non-philisophical knowlege about food and how it interacts with their own body sure does help a lot more than listening to whatever PETA and the self described nutritional (keyboard warrior/blogger) experts "say" they ought to eat...

I can see the chicken/tomato thing. I will say, the chicken Parmesan at Buca Di Beppo is awfully good. That's a marinara sauce on fried chicken with cheese over it all.

I despise white sauce pasta, sewer cream (sour cream), mayonnaise, and ALL forms of pork. I get a lot of BS from people over the pork. I hate it. I'd rather eat fried dog sht. You'd think I was some unholy blasphemer. Many of my southern brethren are astounded. I don't k ow what the big deal is, it leaves more for YOU. People really really get their feelings hurt when they start talking bbq and how good they are at it. I love me some bbq chicken and will eat my own weight in a good brisket but I would rather eat the coals in the pit than the pig.

My four major food groups- beef, potato, bread and beer. Edited by Caster

I will not eat canned / processed chili, beef stew, or soup. At all. Ever. I will also not eat fried chicken or cornbread from a restaurant. It has just never roasted right to me. Or, the mayonnaise potato salad. Potato salad is supposed to be made with mustard...

Potato salad should be made with only MAYO, and bacon, cheese, green onions you know the good stuff   :yum:  Oh and red potatoes. 

• Like 1

I certainly have preferences but like most everything and can certainly get down most anything any other culture can.

Pretty sure I'd not draw the line at cannibalism either under extreme circumstances as long as murder wasn't stocking the larder.

- OS

Anything with ingredients I cannot pronounce. Seafood. Most vegetables. Anything containing gluten (allergic). Most forms of sugar.
I am a total PITA to cook for, try to get to go out to eat with, and work has given up in trying to career anything in that I can/will eat.
I'm a carnivore. I get my vegetables by eating vegetarians.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Liver. It's a texture thing.
Tater Tots. Just, eww.

Other than that, I'll eat anything I've seen or heard about someone else eat. I've always been an adventurous eater & I'll try anything that's considered food by someone! But not Tater Tots. Ever. Edited by robtattoo

Liver. It's a texture thing.
Tater Tots. Just, eww.

Other than that, I'll eat anything I've seen or heard about someone else eat. I've always been an adventurous eater & I'll try anything that's considered food by someone! But not Tater Tots. Ever.

Agreed. I'll try most anything... Haggis, yep. Kimchi, yep. Horse, yep. The stuff I won't eat has been confirmed and reconfirmed. And add shashimi to that list. It just tastes like raw fish (and I like fish). Yuck.

There's one particular restaurant I will absolutly never eat at again, I wont say the name but it's initials are the same as a nasty disease, T.B. A few years ago I had my sister stop and pick me up a taco salad about 11am is when I ate it. That was the only thing I had to eat that day, at about 6pm I was feeling pretty bad, at 7 to 8pm I was evacuating everything, (i'll stop right there) and doubled over in pain. 2 days later with a 100+ fever, red sploches all over my belly and sever pain and no fluids that I could hold down I went and got 2 bags of IV saline and some Zofran which didn't help except the IV's, after 4 days of the same paid and no fluids I went back for another IV. Took about 6 days to get over that, I was told it was classic Salmonella infection although it wasn't "officially" diagnosed on paper, must have been a hassle to diagnose samonella then since that chain had problems with that the same year. Last May wasn't a food born infection but a viral one, I hate the misery of inflamed guts so I am extra paranoid about what I eat and make sure everything is washed well and cooked well. No red blood in my food.

That restaurant chain used to have a catchy slogan long ago, I believe it was "run for the bathroom".